Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

Mustawd

I don't know, I don't see anything romanceable in his posts.

pretty_princess.png

Weasel
And it's not even a joke... (Rage of Demons DLC, already announced, everyone assumes Drow is the new race)

Rage of Demons will transport characters to the deadly and insane underworld. Rumors of powerful demon lords such as Demogorgon, Orcus and Graz’zt terrorizing the denizens of the Underdark have begun to filter up to the cities of the Sword Coast. The already dangerous caverns below the surface are thrown into ultimate chaos, madness and discord. The renegade Drow Drizzt Do’Urden is sent to investigate but it will be up to you to aid in his fight against the demons before he succumbs to his darker temptations.

Dungeons & Dragons fans will have more options than ever to enjoy the Rage of Demons story line. The themes of treachery and discord in the Underdark are in Sword Coast Legends, the new CRPG (computer role-playing game) coming this fall on PC from n-Space and Digital Extremes. The epic campaign that drives Sword Coast Legends' story forces players deep into the Underdark and continues well after launch with legendary adventurer Drizzt Do'Urden.

Players can expect a new Class, Race, enemies and environments with the Rage of Demons expansion when it releases in late 2015.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Demogorgon, Orcus and Graz’zt will probably be the three minibosses for the DLC.

sstacks

Arcane
I predict SCL will become (has already become?) the moped of the Codex. As in for many forum members it's fun to ride but you don't want anyone to see you doing it :P

Mustawd

I predict SCL will become (has already become?) the moped of the Codex. As in for many forum members it's fun to ride but you don't want anyone to see you doing it :P

That'd be Fallout 4. SLC is like driving a smart car for a few days and posting pics on FB talking about how ridiculous you look. Then driving that smart car around at night, reveling in how easy it is to find parking; secretly wishing you lived in Europe, so you and your smart car wouldn't be ridiculed in public together. Something like that.

What I'm saying is that I love fat chicks.

pippin

Races as DLC should NEVER be ok when you are translating a tabletop/p&p game. It's like Warhammer Total War offering Chaos as DLC. More dungeons, campaigns or high(er) tier units are ok, but basic elements that make the game be what it is, certainly not.

Shin

Cipher
And it's not even a joke... (Rage of Demons DLC, already announced, everyone assumes Drow is the new race)

Holy crap, they're even doing their Drizzt move now? I figured since he's like the (donald) trump card of FR he'd be kept under wraps by Hasbro or have him be a central character in the base fucking game. This is like serving diarrhea on a plate and slapping bacon on it.

Neanderthal

Arcane
For fucks sake three of the greatest Tanar'ri princes of the Abyss would reduce any Prime plane to utter ruin, for fucks sake they can Gate in entire vast armies that are veterans of hundreds of millenia of the Blood War, there is nothing to match them on any backwater Prime world. These creatures have slain gods and skinned them to lay over their fortresses, one prat Dark Elf isn't going to last a second against them.

The Nameless One, an immortal on hearing any of their names would turn, run and find the nearest fucking portal to Sigil. Iuz (Graz'zts son) had only a small host of Fiends and almost conquered all the Flannaes, and he would have marched on, the presence of three such banes should near destroy any world and forever change it beyond repair.

Less is more, has anybody ever told these fuckers this.

Space Insect

Arcane
Remember when demons in D&D were actually cool? Plus the demons suck at working together, that's the point of CE alignment. And Demogorgon, Graz'zt, and Orcus are in the middle of a huge war. (In canon).
Besides, what is Graz'zt even doing in FR? He was a Greyhawk demon wasn't he?
Edit: Sorry about that, just remembered that Graz'zt was in FR.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Orcus and Demogorgon would hurl their hordes at each other and destroy the world in the process, Graz'zt would strike at select targets and seek to increase his own power, no world could survive that conflict. You'd need direct intervention by the powers of that world, if they wanted to save it, no adventurer could do shit.

You're right Graz'zt did first appear in Greyhawk, he was the Witch of Perrenlands (Iggwilv?) bound lover, their get was Iuz. White Plume Mountain.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And Demogorgon, Graz'zt, and Orcus are in the middle of a huge war. (In canon).

I believe the DLC is being marketed as a tie-in into that canonical war (which I know absolutely nothing about).

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Races as DLC should NEVER be ok when you are translating a tabletop/p&p game. It's like Warhammer Total War offering Chaos as DLC. More dungeons, campaigns or high(er) tier units are ok, but basic elements that make the game be what it is, certainly not.
Why not, splat books are essentially DLC :^)

Space Insect

Arcane
I beleive the DLC is being marketed as a tie-in into that canonical war (which I know abolutely nothing about).
I will be half satisfied if you can trick a few of the demon encounters into just fighting each other. Unfotunately, that sounds too C&C related for this game.

sstacks

Arcane
I beleive the DLC is being marketed as a tie-in into that canonical war (which I know abolutely nothing about).

It's the SCL portion of Rage of Demons, Out of the Abyss is the tabletop portion, plus Neverwinter Online also ties in.

Neanderthal

Arcane
You're right Graz'zt did first appear in Greyhawk, he was the Witch of Perrenlands (Iggwilv?) bound lover, their get was Iuz. White Plume Mountain.

Sorry just pulled out me old modules, it were the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth not White Plume Mountain. They'll be level scaling and killing fucking Tharizdun next, numpties.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
You guys are idiots. the DLC is absed on an official pnp campaign. The elder demons aren't teamed up. Theya re fukkin' beating the shit out of each other and anything near ther. They also flatten (and potnetially all out destroy) Menzo;berranzan. In fact, if the PCs interact with them straight up in the campaign they are likely to die. The point and entire plot is henged on the PCs getting the demon lords together and letting them beat the snot out of each other. L0L

Of course, no doubt, this DLC will probably have the PCs beating all the demon lords all at once with just their fists. :P

P.S. NWN sold 3mil+ and that was years ago. This 2mil number is total bullshit. Again, it was BIO's most successful game until DA came out. FFS This inunarguable unless you listen to retarts.

DemonKing

Arcane
I played a bit of the single player last night and I actually found it to not be terrible - the voice acting varies a bit but some of the NPC party-members are decent and the gameplay is pretty much on par with the original DA. I'm not sure if it'll hold my interest for 30-40 hours but so far I enjoyed myself more than I thought I would.

The graphics are only a slight upgrade on the original NWN though and the D&D framework is basically limited to the FR setting and a few key concepts (alignment, attributes etc). It's no BG but neither is at a POR2 at this stage.

pippin

POR2 will be always tied to the hard-drive-killer bug it originally had. There will be nothing as bad as POR2 was in my opinion.

Space Insect

Arcane
Sorry just pulled out me old modules, it were the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth not White Plume Mountain. They'll be level scaling and killing fucking Tharizdun next, numpties.
The latest SCL DLC: Sigil
They rape Sigil and make it bland steampunk and then let the PCs kill the Lady of Pain because wouldn't that be awesome.

Mustawd

FWIW, the SCL forums are now full of enough butthurt to actually read some of the threads:

My jaw dropped when I saw that not a single placeable was added. I kept my eyes peeled for them during story mode. They could add like 10 tents alone. Come on nSpace! These things are already modelled! Unless they did something boneheaded like merge them with the environment tiles and didn't keep separate object files?

Custom monsters don't drop loot or give exp! Give us something to work with here! Oh and one treasure chest per area! Really?

But I am extremely disappointed. I feel like the pushed back the launch of the game and ultimately we got nothing to show for it. There are still bugs, and moreover they kept saying they were holding stuff back. And all it was were a bunch of overland maps, many of which look like they were ripped straight out of the SP campaign

What is the ETA on the road map so I will know when to expect to return to creating modules because right now, there is 0 motivation to use these tools to rehash the same limited items using the same limited tools to tell a story that can only be told if I want it to be based out of a single city and include a limited number of creatures and bosses?

TBH I am really disappointed at the game so far... After 1h of playing, I am not looking forward to playing again... Actually I am trying to convince myself that I should keep trying to enjoy it, which is a pretty bad feeling for a game you just started playing.

It's still full of raving and delusional fanbois, but the gems are there if you sort through the trash.

pippin

I feel like people going to SCL forums should wear hazmat suits just to dive into the comments. And I've been to the BSN many times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom