Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

ArchAngel

Arcane
The SCL is advancing I see.. in its progress to 1% Steam score, it has now dropped to 56%.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath
P.S. NWN sold 3mil+ and that was years ago. This 2mil number is total bullshit.

:hmmm:

Bioware said in 2004, when announced NWN2:

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than two million copies worldwide, is translated into ten languages, sold in more than 40 countries ...

In 2006 they release NWN2, and a year later (2007) Bioware said:

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than three million copies worldwide, is translated into 10 languages, sold in more than 40 countries ....

What's your much better source to contradict Bioware on their own sales? if anything, companies inflate their sales figures.

ArchAngel

Arcane
:hmmm:

Bioware said in 2004, when announced NWN2:

In 2006 they release NWN2, and a year later (2007) Bioware said:

What's your much better source to contradict Bioware on their own sales? if anything, companies inflate their sales figures.
You do know Bioware didn't make or sell NWN2?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
But that is counting expansion sales as copies, or that's what I make of it.
Expansions don't sell much at all. Like hundreds of thousand at most, look at Tales of the Sword Coast and Throne of Bhaal compared to their base games.

It is counting NWN + the Gold, Platinum, and Diamond compilations.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath
Expansions don't sell much at all. Like hundreds of thousand at most, look at Tales of the Sword Coast and Throne of Bhaal compared to their base games.

It is counting NWN + the Gold, Platinum, and Diamond compilations.

Thanks for that link. Interesting.

Your interpretation, however, contradicts when they say the whole franchise had sold 3 million copies by 2007, with NWN2 already one year in the market. Do you think NWN2 sold a negligible number of copies in its first year?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Thanks for that link. Interesting.

Your interpretation, however, contradicts when they say the whole franchise had sold 3 million copies by 2007, with NWN2 already one year in the market. Do you think NWN2 sold a negligible number of copies in its first year?

My link's from early 2009. NWN sold about another million copies between 07 and 09.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It sounds unlikely for a five year old game to sell that much before the rise of widespread digital distribution.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It sounds unlikely for a five year old game to sell that much before the rise of widespread digital distribution.
A million copies? Six years later? Okay...

Long tail plus people really love those discounted bundles.

I remember seeing a fair amount of copies of the Diamond edition on retail shelves in 2009, even though it had been released in 2005.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meh. I'm more willing to believe that NWN had already sold 3 million copies by 2007 and the earlier figure was inaccurate for some reason.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well they did say "more than 2 million" and "close to 3 million" so maybe the previous number was something like 2.1-2.4 and the final was 2.8-2.9.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Damn, fanboy on steam piss me off so much I started telling people to buy Age of Decadence instead :D
Switching one drama for another (like reading negative reviews for AoD :D)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
"Play how you want to play" = single player or co-op.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom