Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

Reinhardt

Arcane
You all doing it wrong. Main question should be: is there any nude mods? If people don't bother with nude mods, then game has no future.

Renevent

Cipher
Daggerdale might have been worse than this. Hard to know for sure because nobody actually played it.

I played it. Now, I haven't played SCL so I can't definitively say which one is worse, but looking at the vids/screenshots/etc I'm going to go right and say Daggerdale makes SCL look amazing in comparison. Daggerdale is such a lazy/broken mess that while SCL is clearly a dumbed-down-streamlined-for-today's-audience experience it still exudes at the very least workmanship like quality and is functional and achieves what it sets out to do. It may not be what a lot people wanted SCL to be, but still.

Can't say the same for Daggerdale...even if you approached it as nothing more than just a D&D themed beat-em-up it's still the laziest and poorly developed D&D game ever...or at least that I've played. From the graphics, controls, numerous bugs...to the sound effects and so beyond bad it's not even comical voice work...there's almost nothing redeeming about the game.

That being said, I did end getting pretty far in Daggerdale despite all it's short coming. I was playing it co-op with my brother-in-law and going through the level beating up goblins, leveling up, and finding loot was kinda fun. Never got to beat it of course, got hit with a game breaking bug at the last 15% of the game where the game crashed at a specific unskippable cutscene.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
In this thread they're wondering whether SCL will remain a PC exclusive:

If this game comes to console with split screen co-op then we might be onto something... I'd seriously consider that. But translating the sub-par UI will be a nightmare.

I'm curious how ANYONE thinks that DM mode is MADE for console.

Life seriously, have you PLAYED a console ever? Lol, it'd the 3x the time to make a module with joysticks

I'd be genuinely surprised if the console version had a module building client.

As far as being targeted toward console, I think that's honestly ignorant talk..... First, the controls FAR favor mouse/keyboard than a controller. Second, the hotbar.... has far too many buttons to be intuitive on a console, not to mention that it mimmicks PC hotbars far and away more than any damn console hotbar.... The camera controls are PC based... even the GENRE is more favorable to PC than console....

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Bioware said in 2004, when announced NWN2:

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than two million copies worldwide, is translated into ten languages, sold in more than 40 countries ...
In 2006 they release NWN2, and a year later (2007) Bioware said:

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than three million copies worldwide, is translated into 10 languages, sold in more than 40 countries ....
What's your much better source to contradict Bioware on their own sales? if anything, companies inflate their sales figures.

--"

Hey, dude, every time you make a lame argument you make yourslef look even more ignorant and stupid. NWN has easily sold 3mil+. NWN2 is irrelevant and why the fuck would BIO use NWN2 numebrs when they didn't make it? NWN sold 3mil+ and that was years ago. It still sells copies on GOG. The fact is NWN was BIO's best selling game until DA. Yes, nio matter how much people spin it, even more successful than KOTOR. DEAL WITH IT, FATHAFUCKA.

Shin

Cipher

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than two million copies worldwide, is translated into ten languages, sold in more than 40 countries ...

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than three million copies worldwide, is translated into 10 languages, sold in more than 40 countries ....
What's your much better source to contradict Bioware on their own sales? if anything, companies inflate their sales figures.

--"

Hey, dude, every time you make a lame argument you make yourslef look even more ignorant and stupid. NWN has easily sold 3mil+. NWN2 is irrelevant and why the fuck would BIO use NWN2 numebrs when they didn't make it? NWN sold 3mil+ and that was years ago. It still sells copies on GOG. The fact is NWN was BIO's best selling game until DA. Yes, nio matter how much people spin it, even more successful than KOTOR. DEAL WITH IT, FATHAFUCKA.

does the autism actually hurt you physically?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath

--"

Oh, you are one of those people.

:bunkertime:

And me, being new here, tried to reason with you. Heh. Okay, NWN sold 48 million copies. Let's go back to hating SCL.

sstacks

Arcane
You guys love it SO MUCH:

This episode: Turning in quests and backtracking to the caves to track down a traitor named Malt-O-Meal. (I also invite people to jump into the churning waters of this thread on the good ole' Codex)

Lhynn

Arcane
Now that the matter of how many units of nwn1 were sold has been settled, id say yes.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
L0L Trolls are out in full force spreading their lies and falsehoods.

\ NWN has sold 3mil+ within the 5 years of release. It's probably at 2billio now. :)

Most successful BIO game pre DA. PERIOD.

Mustawd

L0L Trolls are out in full force spreading their lies and falsehoods.

\ NWN has sold 3mil+ within the 5 years of release. It's probably at 2billio now. :)

Most successful BIO game pre DA. PERIOD.

Confirmed: NWN Sales matched the GDP of Nigeria...wait..is that good?

pippin

How well did ME1 sold for Bioware back in the day? I've always had the impression ME was bigger than DA for them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Konflyto

Novice
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How would that really be different from the reality we live in? The last D&D "RPG" that paid even lip service to the rules was nearly a decade ago.
Because after this game publishers can get the wrong messsage and think: Hey, even after such gap in D&D games they can't turn it in a profitable brand. Of course the message can also be read in another twisted way: "A crappy D&D game sells if well hyped". In both cases a bad ending.
I can't even imagine someone saving D&D in pc anymore. If "Insert genius crpg developer here" launch a kickstarter who would believe the man after so many promisses in SCL?
:(

Zeriel

Arcane
In a little over three years, ME 1 and 2 sold 7 million http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428093

In nearly three years DA O and 2 sold 8 million (the first one taking up the bigger chunk of that) http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=707298

ME likely had the better ROI though, with its shorter development time.

Yep, as I recall Dragon Age: Origins was in development for the better part of a decade and it sold significantly better than DA2, so it's an uneven comparison.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Mod in a tennis racket for a weapon and say you're LARPing Maria Sharapova.
Now I've realised how much of a screamer she has to be.
:shredder:
Druids turn into bears and fuck shit up with their teeth and claws. If you're playing one as a hippie pussy, you're Doing It Wrong.
Got your pretty long hair
Dinner and a movie powder your nose
Take your honey for a lay
Just like pay
You're just a human being on this planet
You're just flesh and blood like all the rest
You'll get old and have a wrinkled ass
Humans are cess I want to be a bear
I want to shit in the woods
In my cave hunt my prey
Could be you, I want food
Burgers not berries
Ladies are women but women are not ladies
Got a baited hook you're calling it
Your cherry
You want to settle down
And you want to get married
I don't want to smell your muff

Weasel
More fun and games. Despite the ease with which some cheese their characters with things like training modules and personal "stash modules" which can duplicate loot using an exploit, some are apparently now getting 'VAC' bans:

PSA: careful with what you run the game is now VAC Enabled
it was added and the devs didn't even say anything
rfacepalm

Valve Anti-Cheat on a noncompetitive game? Oh n-Space, you so silly. D&D has been played with house rules (mods) since time immemorial. There is no group today that plays without house rules. Imposing VAC on SCL is like forcing every DM to stick to RAW (rules as written), which is not how D&D is played.

This is actually the first deal-breaker I've encountered with this game. You guys know me as someone with a generally positive outlook on the game, but this is quite a serious flaw.

If this has anything to do with any sort of powerleveling, than the developers of this game have completely lost themselves. Honestly have they ever even played NWN? Who cares if you've powerleveled? The experience overall has barely anything to do with reaching max level. Welcome to D&D, where it's about whatever you have fun doing.

People keep saying this game isn't VAC. It says right on the store page "Valve Anti-Cheat enabled".
---
Yea this was just recently added.. like within 2 hours or so lol. VAC BANS woohoo!

There are quite a few people out there that have been hit with a VAC ban that was removed when proven to be applied wrongfully. Out of those people, there are probably some that have made the decision to never purchase a VAC-enabled game again. As such, this information would be useful to know BEFORE they purchase a game that is VAC-enabled. Software is fallible and false positives do happen. Some people don't want to have to put up with figuring out what the heck is going on and jumping through hoops to prove their innocence when hit with a VAC ban out of nowhere. And you can't tell me that this never happens because it does.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom