Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Still not sure about adding romance. I played Rogue Trader last week and it didn't let me romance the sister of battle, and that'd be like the single time I'd be interested in an in-game romance ark, and we don't have sisters of battle to begin with, so what's even the point?
Right now all companions are just somewhat friendly towards you.
ATOM already figured out romance, just do that
That kind of romance is already in there.

biffthestiff

Educated
W9sHtE1.png
If I saw this kind of art direction in a CRPG I'd probably lose interest before even seeing gameplay. Don't get me wrong, in a metroidvania or visual novel I'd probably think its fine, even great. But for a CRPG I'd rather buy the "generic" looking one.

I didn't mean large 2d visual novel sprites like what I posted, at least not for the gameplay. I just generated it quickly as an example of a more interesting setting than "kill all 10 giant rats that infested Adon's farm". All I did was type something like "egyptian demon, arabian, supernatural" in a Stable Diffusion model designed to make hot chicks. People who spend more than 5 minutes on it will use more game-oriented/appropriate SD models, and have scripts to infinitely generate this style of gameplay sprites: https://civitai.com/images/252430

(Tbf in a 2D game you might still want to generate VN-style large sprites for the cutscenes, at least if you're an indie dev without a talented animator)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The only thing making me feel reserved about this is combining RtwP with TB. Experience has proven that RtwP tends to be inferior for isometric games, and it was a short period in the 90s that happened by accident.

ds

Cipher
Patron
I like pretty inventories. This one is reasonably pretty. Not Siege of Avalon or even Arcanum pretty but better than Infinity Engine. Which isn't much but this is ok. Just a random though.
It's too pretty. Too clean and undamaged to be precise. Like it has never been used before. Like you just traded a sack of gold for a fancy new inventory. Makes me anxious that my items are going to scratch it. Will need to drags things really carefully with this inventory.

Kaidanovsky

Literate
Atomboy
First of all, I absolutely loved Atom RPG.

I have a question, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but there are just too many comments for me to read through. Will this game be as text-heavy as Atom was? Because that's one of my favorite things about it.

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Quillon

Arcane
a book hm, gonna make illustrated CYOA sections PoE/Pathfinder style too? ps: I don't love nor hate them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom