Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

cincinnatus.c

Arcane
Artist imagination with some references. For example, Strabos is a guy I used to work for, who looked like Goodman. A fucking bear of a man with quite a temper and low tolerance of failure. I'm 6'4 but he dwarfed me. Had hands like mittens. He was a VP of Operations; worked his way up through strength of character and decisiveness. Once he set his sights on something there was no stopping him.

Claudia is inspired by a crazy zealot I've once met. She had these grey, steel eyes and there was fucking murder there. Her belief that the world was unjust and had to be changed, violently if necessary, was all that mattered to her. She would die for her beliefs (or kill others). A genuinely scary (but good looking) person.

I've met a lot of characters over the last two decades (yes, including Miltiades), so it was easy to conjure them when I needed a particular type.

One of the minor reasons why I'm not playing AoD (the major ones are: have no time, don't play games, don't care about games) is that almost every small bit of info about AoD reaching me makes AoD look like a fanfic crossover of The Office and The Wire, in pseudo-Roman settings with David Brent and Avon Barksdale vying for control over known universe.
Mind you, both series are great.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Elhoim Vault Dweller At one point the beta allowed you to use 1-3 hotkeys for Fast/Regular/Power attacks. Right now, anybody using an odd-AC character, or otherwise has reasons to switch between different attacks a lot, ends up wasting a huge amount of time and clicks. Will you be able to restore it at some point?

Severian Silk

I for one am not playing this shit game by a shit developer. VD can go rot in hell for all I care.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Defining quality of poster by brofist ratios

woman-eating-salad.jpg

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Been forcing myself to play the demo lately. As much praise as this gets on the codex, it has to be good, right

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vault Dweller
Hey, Vault. Congratulation for releasing game. I have an question - how much stuff you plan to add? I heard something about assassins/ambushes connected to your reputation and more fights on the arena.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Daggers are awesome for in-dialogue assassinations. They're ok in combat if you're good with them, but there are better weapons around.

Assassins and womyn weapon; Dagger was actually part of ancient/medieval common day garb since its also useful tool... I started actually my second Praetor Play-through using more social oriented Char since you do get nice steel dagger from get up and even free lessons to improve it provided you are not too squeamish about killing... Makes more sense than Heavy Armor Clad Knight who will die fighting two beat thugs.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is fun. Not perfect (I dislike some of the design decisions, but I knew I'd dislike them before I even started the game - I didn't even read any pre-release stuff and yet I still knew exactly what I was getting into, VD had always been very clear about what kind of game he's making), but it's good entertainment.

Just like the butthurt, so AoD delivers on two fronts - good game, good butthurt :salute:

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The game is fun. Not perfect (I dislike some of the design decisions, but I knew I'd dislike them before I even started the game - I didn't even read any pre-release stuff and yet I still knew exactly what I was getting into, VD had always been very clear about what kind of game he's making), but it's good entertainment.

Just like the butthurt, so AoD delivers on two fronts - good game, good butthurt :salute:

I think AOD fanboys are even scarier than the recent ones. Those ITS migrants refugees are pretty dedicated.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
And its so unbelievably Satisfying when you do win some fight with one hit point left and battered armor or manage to con someone and get those 100 septim you need for new schematics... Bread apart from another game about Romans in Decadent setting when you get best Imperial Armor in Tutorial and kill Dragon five minutes later at level 2*. :thumbsup:

*Provided you don't play using :obviously: Requiem Mode.

Still some of Vince choices are just sadistic like Guards who wont lift a finger to help you in fights even when you are high ranking member of their faction or you cant use medicine even when enemies are 50 paces from you... something like using all your AP to access inventory or attack of opportunity when you try to gulp the potions in melee fight DnD would be nice balance between realism and Vincenism.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom