Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You can only...

become a god with the grooved sphere at the start of the game, right?

Yep, but you also need:

A background that allows you to find the sphere.

PER 8 to be able to find the sphere in Teron.

Some crafting and lore to set up generator at Saross.

PER 8 to find the switch to insert the sphere in Saross.

Visit the medical facility and identify the fragments with Lore 8.

Visit Al-Alkia, but before Meru’s ritual.

INT 7 and CON 7 to survive godhood process.
You can also lower some of these checks when other conditions are met or use worse stats and improve them later on, but that's too complicated.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Looks like some potatoes are paying attention to AoD after all:

AzWcgWb.png

Castanova

Prophet
Ugh, need help:

In Maadoran there's a quest to steal a yellow sapphire but it's never listed in your log. I got the sapphire but now I can't remember where the questgiver was. A little help please!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Ugh, need help:

In Maadoran there's a quest to steal a yellow sapphire but it's never listed in your log. I got the sapphire but now I can't remember where the questgiver was. A little help please!
I think it's the cloth merchant. It's inside a small building to the left of where you enter from the arena.

Castanova

Prophet
Did I hit a dead end via bad character building? Did I spread too thin? Or am I missing something?

I'm a "pure" Thief. My quests are:
- going to the Dead River or Hellgate... for Hellgate I need more Lore/Streetwise. Dead River I seem to need more Lore/Crafting.
- Library of Saross... seems to require more combat
- Getting some power armor... seems to require more Impersonate
- Navigate tunnels into the Ganezzar castle... need more Traps, Lockpicking, then a fight that requires Dodge/Critical Strike
- visit Berengarius in Ganezzar and intimidate him... I forget

4 STR, 8 DEX, 4 CON, 9 PER, 9 INT, 6 CHA
7 Lock
6 Sneak
4 Steal
5 Impersonate
4 Streetwise
4 Lore

3 Dodge
2 Crit Strike

It just seems like I can't pass any of these given the amount of SP I have left to spend. I haven't tried buying some sort of combat consumables like bombs or whatever to win the Library fight despite my poor skills/stats but that seems like a long shot and I've tried pretty much everything else.

Mozg

Arcane
Yep, you're in a really terrible spot.

I think you could get past the guy at Saross with your streetwise? If not maybe you can neck bola him then kill him some purchased weapon from Maadoran (the best one is the 2000 gold sword you but in the merchant's quarter). That will open up paths to a small amount of SP, but probably not enough to buy everything you need to finish the Thieves' Guild stuff in Ganezzar which is notoriously "overpriced" SP-wise. Save up however much you can get and try to pass either Hellgate or Dead River.

Castanova

Prophet
There's no check for streetwise at the Library afaik. There's just an intelligence check which leads into being poisoned and then the fight, or I can go straight into the fight.

I'm 90% sure I can't possibly pass Hellgate or Dead River at this point. I need to pump lore to get past the first robot and then I can't pump streetwise enough to convince that dude to help me. At Dead River, I spent all my SP and I still can't get the bridge going. /sigh

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You could also try buying alchemical supplies from the trader near the slum temple in Maadoran - he's got a bunch of powerful bombs and fire vials that should make short work of that Saross chucklefuck. If you haven't gone yet you'll need 1k to get past some thugs.

And I'm pretty sure there's a streetwise check at the library, you might just not have a high enough streetwise to see it.

Mozg

Arcane
I could have sworn there was some "I'm scouting for a legion of angry badasses that love to crucify folks for standing where you're standing" streetwise option at Saross. I think my Commercium talker did it.

Also, there is a talker way to get past the robot at Hellgate, but I can't remember if it's streetwise or something else.

It's kind of obtuse and goes against game convention, but:
There is a mercenary standing at the gate of Ganezzar that you can convince to fight it for you.

Last edited:

Castanova

Prophet
OK, well, turns out I had enough points to pump Lore and Streetwise to get past the Hellgate robots and convince the dude to help me. I went down into the Temple...
resurrected the God, had Antides bow before him... and it seems like I "beat" the game?!?! The fuck.

I suppose I'll try getting into the Library now.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
OK, well, turns out I had enough points to pump Lore and Streetwise to get past the Hellgate robots and convince the dude to help me. I went down into the Temple...
resurrected the God, had Antides bow before him... and it seems like I "beat" the game?!?! The fuck.

I suppose I'll try getting into the Library now.
Yeah the ending of the game is sudden to say the least.

The final area takes what, 20 seconds to go through? And there's barely anything there (if you have enough lore you get like... 2x half a page of not really important background story?).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom