Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Done so many playthroughs, and want to do more.

:negative: Help me.

Bug report with heavy spoiler, do not click:

If you blow up maadoran then go to the Temple asap, and walk away/nuke/kill the god, you get an ending slide about House Aurelian becoming dominant. Also, if you blew up maadoran, godified meru, killed toragoth, you get ending slides about Meru's Creed taking over, including Maadoran becoming a Holy City, then one about you (A masterless drifter in this characters case) THEN you get a long one about the evil gods enslavement of humanity and your role as his second. I got saves if anyone wants to take a look.

If you use the Aegis suit to go through the Arch and the people are still there (oracle or slavers), you'll die. Also, the entity on the other side seems to assume you are working for Balzaar even if you're not, and your dialogue seems to be based on him being around: "He wants me to kill Tor-Agoth".

You can leave Teron without the map (Praetor > fix the mine > get taken to Gaelius), you still get "show him the map" dialogue options.

If you talk your way through inferiae tower leaving the 'demon' alive then go to zamedi (via Gaelius quest), learn that Crassus family was involved via questioning him with sphere blackmail and then return to inferiae tower to talk to the demon, it replays the "just thrown down" dialogue with him, with the new option to [impersonate].

Feature request (still heavy spoilers, do not click):
A running tally of all SPs received during a playthrough, separated into appropriate categories.

An option to show skill/attribute requirements in dialogue. I've worked out a shit ton through trial and error (damn my 7 perception on a character I was determined to get to the bottom of the abyss! I'd even given him high con knowing I'd need it from a previous abyss diver, and not knowing at the time what it would do, so I had to wait another playthrough for that hilarity). I think this came up and it was said you could activate this using a console command. If so, do tell.

Vault Dweller Elhoim

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished as Assasin. Several BIG surprises, i liked how in fight vs thief boss "quick kill" didnt work because he was aware you will use it.
Also IGNORED Ganezzard (3rd city), got info about some "temple" from radiated guy and went thru scorps to find temple.
Never found some guy who i should have talked about temple in Manabaar.

You can easily miss some critical NPC in this game but this doesnt prevent from finishing.

Now started Mercenary path. Where to find Mitridades (sp?), merchant who try to trick you two times in Teron.

Zeriel

Arcane
OK, well, turns out I had enough points to pump Lore and Streetwise to get past the Hellgate robots and convince the dude to help me. I went down into the Temple...
resurrected the God, had Antides bow before him... and it seems like I "beat" the game?!?! The fuck.

I suppose I'll try getting into the Library now.

Become a God seems strictly the best ending, but the way the ending slide is presented leaves you a little cold. I LOVED the dialogues right before the ending slide, though, where you're fighting for control of your body with one of the Others. I think of the Ancient Aliens endings, the two most interesting were serving Balzaar as his second in command and using the Divine Spear. Still feel like the Aegis/Walking through the Arch option should have had more meat to it, though. It feels like they put that in just because they had the idea without really fleshing it out, as far as I could tell it gives you nothing but a few skillpoints and some unimportant lore tidbits, and in a game with so many choices and options of weight that just isn't enough.

So whats the deal with Militiades? I tried to to see where dealing with his proposals would take me, but I meesed up something and he wont show up. What happens with him (finding him in Madoran, etc)?

And the Spear?
I always give it to the Loremaster, can you use it? With the airship? Is it one of the Hellfire weapons?

Zeriel

Arcane
So whats the deal with Militiades? I tried to to see where dealing with his proposals would take me, but I meesed up something and he wont show up. What happens with him (finding him in Madoran, etc)?

And the Spear?
I always give it to the Loremaster, can you use it? With the airship? Is it one of the Hellfire weapons?

The spear ending isn't a good ending, it's just kind of fun to see a nuclear bomb go off with unique slide art. Basically you side with Balzaar, go to Agathoth, accept his offer to go kill Balzaar, then use the divine spear with Agathoth possessing you. You die, along with everyone else in the vicinity. Nothing special other than the cool factor.

mfw I thought Vince was gonna let us throw it through the Arch. WHY NOT VINCE? WHY? I WANT TO LIVE IN A UNIVERSE WITHOUT ALIEN SQUID OVERLORDS WAITING TO RUIN IT ALL AGAIN.

Also, what's with the extortion stuff in Madooran? You save the guy from the bar and the one from the brothel from thugs, help the other guy with some mercs/raiders and that's it? The game suggest that the boss of the thugs is still around, did I miss something?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Playing on 2nd walkthough already started to give answers that stayed from 1st walkthough.

For example, in guard storyline beggining already got answer why "of a sudden" assasins decided first to kill centurion and then attack guards base (assasin boss never tells reason or who hired him and why).

I am pretty sure to understand storyline you need to play all sides, each holds part of questions.

Black

Arcane
If you nuke Madoraan many npcs still talk about it as if it was alive and well. Even talking about who rules it now

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Oh, right... and what does the Thieves' Guild in Teron ask the player to do if he signs the document as a merchant

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Btw, I just want to say that despite being a pretty crap area, the music in Dead River is excellent.

Klarion

Arcane
hey, I tried searching for game manual but there doesn't seem to be any in existence...
So I need to ask here, is there any option that changes the game or combat difficulty? Like easy, normal, hard...?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom