Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

FriendlyMerchant

Did someone say old D&D comics?
MSreqho.png

I do hope we get more art inspired by such things.
Don't you worry, we get a whole new bg game inspired by such art.
Too bad the person getting fucked in the ass isn't any of the characters this time. It's the player.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did someone say old D&D comics?
MSreqho.png

I do hope we get more art inspired by such things.
Don't you worry, we get a whole new bg game inspired by such art.

I'm assuming this art was from 20 years ago? Because if we got a whole new BG game inspired by this sort of art, we might be able to somewhat identify the males and females. Instead of what I've seen in current BG3.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Apparently it’s 1.1.4315
I am also impressed how fast and without one problem I’ve installed this version on W10. Runs like magic.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ed123 looks fine to me. What exactly do you mean by broken?

I don’t remember for sure, but maybe I have Direct Draw Fix installed already. Can’t recall if it was a system-wide installation though.

Last edited:

A horse of course

Ed123 looks fine to me. What exactly do you mean by broken?

I don’t remember for sure, but maybe I have Direct Draw Fix installed already. Can’t recall if it was a system-wide installation though.

Oh that's fine then. I did briefly consider running BG1 pre- and post- TOTSC (I thought about doing the same for IWD/HoW, where the differences are more obvious), but only seriously autistic boomers remember the changes to stealth or Sarevok rebalancing. Comparing it to the EE was more relevant imo.

Jesus fucking Christ, why didn't I listen :negative:

I ignored Siege of Dragonspear all this time and wanted to see if it's really that bad.

Outside of horrible (really fucking horrible, a 15 y/o with a complete set of chromosomes could come up with it) writing, who the fuck thought it's a good idea to GET RID OF COMPANIONS? I don't remember when I was this mad at a video game. All of a sudden Xan, Branwen, and Coran abandoned me, and the game forces me to take Minsc, Dynaheir, and Neera to work with... anyone.

Oh, not a problem, you say, they'll level up, you say, you filthy redditor? No, they won't. If you had ANYONE for a split second in your party in base game, they'll be stuck with that whooping 1500XP you left them with in Nashkel.

What a fucking shitshow, I hope every single one of those Beamdog parasites gets raped in Baator.

PanDupa

Educated

I ignored Siege of Dragonspear all this time and wanted to see if it's really that bad.

Outside of horrible (really fucking horrible, a 15 y/o with a complete set of chromosomes could come up with it) writing, who the fuck thought it's a good idea to GET RID OF COMPANIONS? I don't remember when I was this mad at a video game. All of a sudden Xan, Branwen, and Coran abandoned me, and the game forces me to take Minsc, Dynaheir, and Neera to work with... anyone.

Oh, not a problem, you say, they'll level up, you say, you filthy redditor? No, they won't. If you had ANYONE for a split second in your party in base game, they'll be stuck with that whooping 1500XP you left them with in Nashkel.

What a fucking shitshow, I hope every single one of those Beamdog parasites gets raped in Baator.
Sometimes you have to touch the fire to understand what a burn is

agris

Arcane
Patron
Sod had good encounter design and some interesting take on map travel that was more Fallout than BG.

you bandwagoners are full of shit and just repeating what you read.

SoD was a flimsy story as pretext for some good exploration and kick-ass fights. Dungeon and area design was pretty good. Did it shit on the BG lore? Absolutely. Should you have expected anything else? No. If you wanted more IE games because you love the IE gameplay, then it works just fine.

Codex Year of the Donut
who the fuck thought it's a good idea to GET RID OF COMPANIONS?
bioware?

btw, what they did to various companions in bg2 pales in comparison to anything beamdog did in SoD. You kill Ajantis in BG2, and you don't even recognize it's him after doing it unless you have Keldorn in your party. Safana tries to claim a bounty on your head. etc.,

Cael

Arcane

Idiot: SoD can't be that ba- OMFG! My eyes! My sanity!!!!
Everyone else:
giphy.gif

Fighting Cae'lar's army at Dragonspear and breaking the siege at fort...whatever, were some of the best fights in the IE collection. All of the areas were chock full of stuff to find and murder. They looked good (nice, but with fidelity to the original) and made good use of space. I would like to see the fight against the Tethyrian army (ToB) upgraded to utilize the EE engine's ability to field more creatures simultaneously. Large scale fights with casters and SCS AI were something else.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did David Gaider ever explain why Khalid couldn't be resurrected?. They just brought back Zaknafein in the Drizzt books (yes, I'm a nerd fag or whatever you want to call me) and he originally dies in a volume of acid of unknown depth. So even as per the spell description at level 7 there was nothing remaining of his body when the resurrection spell was cast.

Not sure what ruleset that was from before the autists start braying about it.

Fighting Cae'lar's army at Dragonspear and breaking the siege at fort...whatever, were some of the best fights in the IE collection. All of the areas were chock full of stuff to find and murder. They looked good (nice, but with fidelity to the original) and made good use of space. I would like to see the fight against the Tethyrian army (ToB) upgraded to utilize the EE engine's ability to field more creatures simultaneously. Large scale fights with casters and SCS AI were something else.

Yeah I remember bringing that up at the Beamdog forums and asking if they could implement the harder difficulty setting from SOD that apparently increases the spawn count of enemies and apply that to the whole saga. I got some kind of response about how they would have to carefully consider it and balance the game so that it wasn't too difficult.

:npc:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Poor Khalid.

Been recently playing BG, and the Beamdog expansion, and Khalid gets a lot of screen time in it. It's such a setup for heartbreak if you are a new player going through all the games if you think of him as a bro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom