Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They got the voice actor back in TOB so I don't know why Khalid was cut from the cast. Obviously everyone hated him, but what faith can I have in the gaming community of the BG era if this Looney Toons inspired character can be given the cut, and a character like Jan Jansen and Nalia make it in?.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
If If Viconia isn't a companion in Baldur's Gate 3, people are going to die. By my hand.

Why would you want Viconia to be written by those imbeciles?. I originally wanted more original party members (as another poster mentioned above) to be in SOD until I realised it was written by a reptile trying to imitate human behaviour and emotions. Like this:

external-content-duckduckgo-com.jpg

The less damage they do the better. I have a faint hope that James Ohlen might be employed by Beamdog to make an expansion based on his latest Baldur's Gate module, but even if they announced it tomorrow, I'd want some kind of test to be done to see if he's still warm-blooded.

Lurker47

Savant
If If Viconia isn't a companion in Baldur's Gate 3, people are going to die. By my hand.

Why would you want Viconia to be written by those imbeciles?. I originally wanted more original party members (as another poster mentioned above) to be in SOD until I realised it was written by a reptile trying to imitate human behaviour and emotions. Like this:

The less damage they do the better. I have a faint hope that James Ohlen might be employed by Beamdog to make an expansion based on his latest Baldur's Gate module, but even if they announced it tomorrow, I'd want some kind of test to be done to see if he's still warm-blooded.
Why are we calling BG3 SoD now? Is it just because they're written by the same people or something?

FriendlyMerchant

Why are we calling BG3 SoD now? Is it just because they're written by the same people or something?

No. And they aren't written by the same people. BG3 is being written by a different group of retards.

Viconia shouldn't be written by either the beamdog retards or the larian retards.

Lurker47

Savant

No. And they aren't written by the same people. BG3 is being written by a different group of retards.

Viconia shouldn't be written by either the beamdog retards or the larian retards.
But I've heard positive things about BG3....:stunned:

vota DC

Augur
Actually it was Jaheira who didn't want him resurrected, because Nature.
IIRC.
She will leave the party if you tell that she doesn't want to resurrect him, so she Is trying to seduce Bhaalspawn.....I mean she doesn't even stick with the group to evade prison if her plan fails!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did David Gaider ever explain why Khalid couldn't be resurrected?
No, just like how he didn't explain why Aerie can't simply cast a level 3 spell to fly.

It wouldn't be the same because she wouldn't feel the wind rustling through the feathers of her wings. Besides, would you really trade in all those hours of lamenting her wings? What would be left of the character after that? The weird gnome fetish and...?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
It wouldn't be the same because she wouldn't feel the wind rustling through the feathers of her wings. Besides, would you really trade in all those hours of lamenting her wings? What would be left of the character after that? The weird gnome fetish and...?
The premarital impregnation.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The premarital impregnation.

You should've been able to do something with that backpack item. Like drop it in the river.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ok, pathfinding wasn't that terrible in the original game. My guys are getting stuck on each other in corridors. Like literally stuck.

Any way to improve it? I remember you could increase some number in the config tool, but it's gone now, right?

Cael

Arcane
Ok, pathfinding wasn't that terrible in the original game. My guys are getting stuck on each other in corridors. Like literally stuck.

Any way to improve it? I remember you could increase some number in the config tool, but it's gone now, right?
You used to be able to increase the number of steps or something like that to improve the pathfinding. With cuckdog's shit? No idea.

No, just like how he didn't explain why Aerie can't simply cast a level 3 spell to fly.

Jaheria claims that the experimentation inflicted on Khalid is so vile as to metaphysically prevent his corpse from being revived. That's a tough sell, since True Resurrection can even bring back someone who was changed into an undead and then slain. Even obliterated creatures that have been dead for years can be brought back.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Jaheria claims that the experimentation inflicted on Khalid is so vile as to metaphysically prevent his corpse from being revived. That's a tough sell, since True Resurrection can even bring back someone who was changed into an undead and then slain. Even obliterated creatures that have been dead for years can be brought back.

Let's face it, she just needed an excuse to get Khalid out of the picture and chase after CHARNAME without hinderance.

Is it OK to still have some degree of excitement for Baldur's Gate 3 tempered by the Codex's unbending cynicism? +M
If you have to ask, permission denied. I, however, expect it to be a decent game--if not the BG3 that some had hoped for. Luckily, Wrath of the Righteous is going to fill that void.

I don't have my hopes up for BG3. It looks like a solid Divinity Original Sin 3, but I really didn't like the first two that much. It just doesn't seem like real baldur's gate without rtwp

Lurker47

Savant

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Probably going over old ground here, or maybe bringing something up that I've forgotten about, but see this early trailer for BG here: https://www.imdb.com/video/vi62110745?playlistId=tt0167018&ref_=tt_ov_vi if you go to 30sec it looks like the early version of the game. Was it battlegrounds or something?. That's and interesting lightning spell and the armour style was totally different. Maybe even better. Medium round shield looks much bigger and has a different style.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wonder if the mm and fireball animations were slowed down for the trailer. Pretty cool.

A word on Mazzy. On one hand, her strength and speed buff abilities make her very strong early on. But I just got the strength gauntlets, making the strength buff completely redundant. As soon as I get boots of speed the same thing will happen to her speed boost, leaving me with an unremarkable fighter with crap proficiencies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom