Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
BG series certainly contributed to the rise of the Decline, but it's hardly among the worst offenders out there. In any case, whining about the decline of a 17-year-old game during your first week on the Codex just screams of an edgy newfag trying way too hard to be a hardcore KKKodexer who doesn't even take a shit without rolling a dice.

Lhynn

Arcane
Every good game to have ever achieved popular status has contributed to the rise decline.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
The path-finding isn't that bad in BG2, plus theres fewer of the little narrow corridors as there were in BG1. So having six party members isn't much of an hindrance.

That's not the case with mine, which is EE. It's one of the worst instances of bad NPC pathfinding I can recall.

My party's movement reminds me of one of those robot vacuum cleaners that ricochets off your wall like a possessed bumper car.
Haha, wouldn't surprise me if Trent and his band of talentless hacks would've actually made it worse.

Obama Phone 3

Learned
The path-finding isn't that bad in BG2, plus theres fewer of the little narrow corridors as there were in BG1. So having six party members isn't much of an hindrance.

That's not the case with mine, which is EE. It's one of the worst instances of bad NPC pathfinding I can recall.

My party's movement reminds me of one of those robot vacuum cleaners that ricochets off your wall like a possessed bumper car.
Haha, wouldn't surprise me if Trent and his band of talentless hacks would've actually made it worse.

I never played the original BG2, so I wouldn't be able to compare. What I can tell you is that it's currently my main and only gripe with the Enhanced Edition so far (I'm in Chapter 3)

Grokalibre

Savant
BG series certainly contributed to the rise of the Decline, but it's hardly among the worst offenders out there. In any case, whining about the decline of a 17-year-old game during your first week on the Codex just screams of an edgy newfag trying way too hard to be a hardcore KKKodexer who doesn't even take a shit without rolling a dice.
Well I've disliked BG for 17 years now but according to you since I've registered here recently I should claim it's the best game like all the other lemmings? But hey your assumptions about me actually tell a lot about yourself.

DraQ

Arcane
Did one of those ever managed to aggro half of the city while trying to clean your room?

Every good game to have ever achieved popular status has contributed to the rise decline.
b15c4e0dad8dc46f1a340aba3d379a7a497e2970ba3d9f3852d6afd5328d84fc.jpg

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well I've disliked BG for 17 years now

That's fine, dislike as much as you like.

according to you since I've registered here recently I should claim it's the best game

I didn't say that.

like all the other lemmings?

Most Codexers seem to think that BG1 is boring and shit and even most of those who like it think it's certainly inferior to BG2.

But hey your assumptions about me actually tell a lot about yourself.

I haven't stated any assumptions about you. I merely said that your post makes you look like an edgy tryhard, I didn't say that you actually are an edgy tryhard. It seems like either you're the one who's assuming things here or else you have reading comprehension problems.

In any case, since you are new here, I'll give you a tip: Codexers keep .txt notes about other members here, and since my post has already told you a lot about me, be sure to write it down. You never know when you might need it!

:updatedmytxt:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Well I've disliked BG for 17 years now but according to you since I've registered here recently I should claim it's the best game like all the other lemmings? But hey your assumptions about me actually tell a lot about yourself.
sup drog

Obama Phone 3

Learned
Gotta admit that BG2 is the first game to give me the sense of a huge virtual world since I took my first crack at WoW in the mid-00's. The pathfinding and stupid banter needs a toggle option and then the game would be damn near perfect.

Most of the fantasy RPG's I get into make me feel like I'm retreading the same universe again for the 100th time. Not the case with BG2, even though it's the yardstick by which all others are measured.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Bah, if loving BG1 is a crime, I'm guilty as sin. I will always cherish bursting into Sarevok's "coronation" on Baldur's Gate.

CHARNAME: STOP this cerimony at once! This guy is a murdering asshole! He tried to kill Duke Eltan, killed Scar and is an all around total dick!
SAREVOK: All right, screw this shit, imma go on a murder rampage! CHAOTIC EVIL, BABY!!! YEAH!!!!!!11

Leitz

Learned
Halp please! At the moment I'm soloing the whole series for the first time with a Mage. Even though I don't know alot about the games I had no problems in BG1, or so far in BG2, but here I am in the 'sphere' and have I to kill one of those Tanar'ri (the demons)...and it looks like I'm not able to make it. I'm level 15 but I'm missing some important spells like Resistance to Evil. Just summoning stuff doesn't work either. And since I won't cheat or go back to an old save I'm in trouble. I'm playing unmodded original version.

By the way, the BG games are the "Barry Lyndon" of RPG's. That's alot.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So you had 17 sad years? I am so sorry for your man. I hope you find some fun in life with such amazing games as "Dragon Age 2" or "Mass Effect which color ending do you want".

DeepOcean

Arcane
BG 1 is the worst Infinite Engine game, dull as fuck for the most part, Icewind Dale beat it to a pulp in Dungeon Design and BG 2 beat it in submission on every aspect but it still better on many aspects to any recent big kickstarter RPGs. How is that possible? :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom