Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

Bohr

Arcane
Man, inXile+GOG Galaxy = winner :M

GdrrK0cq_o.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Aaaand the GOG patch is out, and it's only a 25 GB download! :mixedemotions:

... because instead of putting up the patch as a separate option, they only updated the installer

what in the ever loving fuck

$5 says it'll break my currently installed stuff

Gord

Arcane
GOG and patches, one of the few remaining big mysteries of our days...

Some developers can apparently upload their patches directly now, some still need to go through GoG's own staff.
Sometimes GoG does an incremental patch, sometimes it's redownload everything again...

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Anyone who buys DOS games either is retarded since paying for abandonware where none of your money goes to the original creators is absolute cuckoldry.

Ulrox

Arbiter
aaaand I just crashed - with the current patches and all. Not that it bothers me too much, since I'd already saved not too long ago, but goes to show how unstable it still is.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Haha, Inxile is in Damage Controle mode, on Steam:

6Spiu8v.jpg

AIRAOX2.jpg

There are tons of responses, from different staff. A lot of them on 23/09 (a Sunday).

I almost feel sorry for them.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

No shit, Brian.

Also, people who are still buying anything on GOG despite problems with patches that have been ongoing for several years - you've only got yourself to blame.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also, people who are still buying anything on GOG despite problems with patches that have been ongoing for several years - you've only got yourself to blame.
Go and suck denuvo's cock and be happy little goy! Both platforms have problems with patches. At least gog doesn't expect you to have 100 gigs free space.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

No shit, Brian.

Isn't that their new "easy access" design philophy to lure commoners into "RPG's" in play? Seems like it's paying off big time.

I'm not that much in a hurry to play this that it would bother me.

Jezal_k23

It is true that GOG has always had problems with patches or content being late (sometimes very late). Just something to be aware of when using it I guess.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Finished the Wizard tower today. That was a real and proper introductory dungeon, really well done. The pacing from encounter to puzzle to encounter flowed really well for me and they kept changing up the puzzles enough so that it never got tedious or too samey. Some of them were obviously easy, but that's fine. It's not fun if a puzzle is too hard and obscure that it halts your progress for hours since this isn't supposed to be a pure puzzler in that regard, but they do require enough neurons to finish in a timely manner. The end boss was pretty challenging as well and I managed to survive it just barely. Feels good playing a western dungeon crawler this good after such a long time. A shame it has so much negativity surrounding it so we'll probably never see another western blobber made by a bigger studio again, but then again I'm not at all surprised that this is happening. People were going to hate it regardless of technical issues just on grounds that it's a blobber. An extremely niche sub-genre within an already niche genre.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
After 13 hours, I can't do another minute in this game. I'm glad some people like it, but for me, it's more like a task than a game. I'd rather go back and play Bard's Tale 1 Remastered again while I wait for Bard's Tale 2 to finish.

At least in Bard's Tale 1, I can:

* Create characters from the beginning of the game.
* Grind monsters to gain levels in order to face tougher challenges.
* Find items that actually benefit my party the majority of the time instead of useless junk.
* Cast from a huge list of spells instead of just having two or three things in a hotbar.
* Enjoy combat where every character gets to act every turn.
* Run at a frame rate more than 20 on my gaming rigs (what the fuck, guys).

Anyway, for those of you enjoying the game, have fun with it. At least you'll get your money's worth out of it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game will be good by the time i finish kingmaker. I would advice all of you to just drop it till you finish pathfinder,it will get patched and ironed out....you could even say it will become in releasable state.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I too didn't saw any difference in performance....maybe it was better looking,more sharply. Still i didn't mind that,performance is insignificant for me as long as i can enjoy the game.

Gregz

Arcane
Finished the Wizard tower today. That was a real and proper introductory dungeon, really well done. The pacing from encounter to puzzle to encounter flowed really well for me and they kept changing up the puzzles enough so that it never got tedious or too samey. Some of them were obviously easy, but that's fine. It's not fun if a puzzle is too hard and obscure that it halts your progress for hours since this isn't supposed to be a pure puzzler in that regard, but they do require enough neurons to finish in a timely manner. The end boss was pretty challenging as well and I managed to survive it just barely. Feels good playing a western dungeon crawler this good after such a long time. A shame it has so much negativity surrounding it so we'll probably never see another western blobber made by a bigger studio again, but then again I'm not at all surprised that this is happening. People were going to hate it regardless of technical issues just on grounds that it's a blobber. An extremely niche sub-genre within an already niche genre.

If there's any place on the internet where a niche game like this should find universal support, it's here or rpgwatch, and yet:

After 13 hours, I can't do another minute in this game. I'm glad some people like it, but for me, it's more like a task than a game. I'd rather go back and play Bard's Tale 1 Remastered again while I wait for Bard's Tale 2 to finish.

At least in Bard's Tale 1, I can:

* Create characters from the beginning of the game.
* Grind monsters to gain levels in order to face tougher challenges.
* Find items that actually benefit my party the majority of the time instead of useless junk.
* Cast from a huge list of spells instead of just having two or three things in a hotbar.
* Enjoy combat where every character gets to act every turn.
* Run at a frame rate more than 20 on my gaming rigs (what the fuck, guys).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom