Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Ulminati said:
Rule of thumb: Whenever Laclongquan has had his way, the result has been disastrous for Codexia. I just had my faith in option B solidified :thumbsup:
Substitute "Langclonqguy" with "root" and you'd be right.

THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE VOTING A -- SWITCH TO C, THERE ARE NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH VOTES FOR A TO EVEN CONSIDER IT A POSSIBILITY
Might consider it later on. Until then I want to believe.

Murk

Arcane
Yeah I kind of agree with the Root thing -- having re-read the thread from start to finish just a few days ago I was noticing a certain pattern...

Prosper

Educated
I am fucking upset. Every time I do a search for my name, fuck ass threads like this pop up and clog the list of potential fan-mail.

Do me a favor and don't use the word Prosper unless it is about me.

Homo roleplayers .

Don't think i am being unfair, because the slutty coconuts over that bethsoft forums made the same mistake, but i won't be going back there to stop their usage of "Cakester".

I also don't like how this site is organized. It is unfair for me to have to sift through all of your opinions just to get some facts about a good game to play or recent developments that will positively make us all happy.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
But B will also help the Commonwealth spin the Marianite leadership as being unscrupulous and purposely attacking the Commonwealth fleet in order to force their hand, to sacrifice Codexia just so that they can stay in power.

It is not good propaganda.

Luan

Educated
Who would they spin it to? Themselves? They already attack our home world. I doubt they have any more room left to rationalize their actions for further atrocities. The Commonwealth can spin whatever they want when they are all but ash.

There is a rather prudent idea of not negotiating with terrorists.

Murk

Arcane
You guys are digging into details, the game doesn't quite work out like that. It is fun to speculate on and 'role play' if you will, but don't make decisions based on "well if we do nothing we can build up an elite suicidal force of commandos to attack the head flagship of the commonwealth under....." type of fantasies, yeah?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
To themselves, yes, and to the Respublican commoners.

An uprising against the Marianite regime would put an end to any thoughts of destroying the Commonwealth.

Not to say that option C won't cause an uprising, hell, surrendering is also very likely to do that considering what happened the last time we tried to negotiate a peace. But I think the chances for internal turmoil are lesser with option C. That is all.

edit: Did I miss a mention of elite angry suicide bombers? That sounds interesting.

Murk

Arcane
Hah, just saying that some of us tend to envision directions and details in the choices we take that are... well, not gonna happen. The game is much more... ahem, streamlined than that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't think anyone thinks that is what is going to happen, that is just what they hope will happen when they make the choice. Furthermore, rhetoric is fun.

But I don't believe this game is about making the best choices. Sometimes it's just about stressing the world to see how the Barbarian will react, and how our choices are interpreted. Which is why the hardest choice I've had to make lately was picking between the shield technology and meeting the Amoneth. In retrospect meeting the crystal aliens was definitely going to be far better.

Murk

Arcane
I agree on that, and I don't know what I would have gone with. I think I would have picked shield-technology for how much less of a game-changer it would have been (at least, seemingly... definitely doesn't seem the case now) than meeting the Amoneth would. Reason being that I would think if meeting the Amoneth was a big deal, then we'd end up meeting them anyway.

Also, the Amoneth seem to be too wise. If Codexia had met them at the time we may not have been approved of by them...

Luan

Educated
treave said:
To themselves, yes, and to the Respublican commoners.

An uprising against the Marianite regime would put an end to any thoughts of destroying the Commonwealth.

Not to say that option C won't cause an uprising, hell, surrendering is also very likely to do that considering what happened the last time we tried to negotiate a peace. But I think the chances for internal turmoil are lesser with option C. That is all.

edit: Did I miss a mention of elite angry suicide bombers? That sounds interesting.

I think you misjudge the respublican common man. Remember, this is a society that glorifies frugality, struggle, and strife. It has been rock solid since its inception.

In all honestly, I believe that they would willingly die for their faith. To think that an uprising would occur just seems... a little ignorant of the facts so far. I believe respublican resolve to purge the heathens will heighten due to recent events.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So there is no difference between the Respublica voluntarily sacrificing Codexia, and the Commonwealth destroying Codexia against the Respublica's wishes?

Ah, then so be it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Meh. At this point, I'm fairly certain the commonwealth are Hi'in puppets anyway. It seems like every time we're about to go on the offensive against the Hi'in, the commies show up and get in the way. Let the world burn, I say. As long as we can fuel the righteous fury of the people into eradicating the commonwealth. Spare no-one. Not even the trannies.

obediah

Erudite
treave said:
So there is no difference between the Respublica voluntarily sacrificing Codexia, and the Commonwealth destroying Codexia against the Respublica's wishes?

Ah, then so be it.

People remember how a battle ends, not how it begins. Some fat nerd alien 50,000 years from now is going to have a 2" boner for knowing that Captain Fuckwit fired the first shot, but everyone else just cares about how much of our planet is left at the end of the battle. Surrender is not an option, so vote C.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
Seriously Root, if you want a reason for why B is better:
C gives not only us time, but also the commos.
Who knows what mischief they are up to.
Maybe they are charging their lazers of doom right now!

Still think that it is unlikely, but it is a possibility, however slim it may be.

Another reason:
Maybe we can kill them of before they get the order to fire.
I mean who would want to make a decision like that by himself?
Maybe the commanding officer chickens out.

Of course I do not think they will chicken out.

C however is also a polite offer for them only to get their ballsack squeezed, instead of forcing us to ripp it of with our teeth.

Which we are going to do if they bomb our homeplanet.

Really, common decency.

laclongquan

Arcane
Pleeeeeeeeeze!

You are the loudmouths who always trumpet your intention of uniting humanity under the battle standards, with bloods and inquisition court. Thank to you the Commonwealth know EXACTLY what await them if our strength ever become decisive. Dont deny it.

And this shield shit is the decisive factor. Not enough to conquer the known universe, no, but enough to conquer Commo outright. This fucking outcome is what I predicted but I dare NOT saying out loud for fear of feeding the hungry wolves. You think just for shit and giggles, okay, for curiousity that my faction propose contact with the crystal? Hah!

And now when the house burnt down on your head you start pointing finger. I point it right back at you, bigoted zealot motherfuckers you!

EDIT: and bet you half an inflated credit the commo squadron will burn downt Codexia right goddamn now. Fact is they are the last gasp of Commonwealth. Their only hope for survival is that you zealots will be so busy infighting they will have a breathing period. you think your precious paladins, your idiot archbishops , your blind inquisitors will have the gumption to grit the teeths and elect a new government? Dream the fuck on! With Codexia burnt another War of Succession will break out among Codexia system and nothing can stop Hiin invasion fleets. This fucking strategy got the terrified thoughts of Commo alright, but also the ever so slightly sour smell of mindraped advisors. We are fucked unless the government will surrender NOW NOW NOW! without the fighting strength intact, the chain of command undisturbed, and the solid base of support of humanity we are fucked.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
treave said:
In retrospect meeting the crystal aliens was definitely going to be far better.
We're a xenophobic ultra-religious society who believe Humans are the superior species in space. How would meeting an alien race - that our beliefs say should be exterminated on site with fire from the heavens - possibly have been better?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
DarkUnderlord said:
treave said:
In retrospect meeting the crystal aliens was definitely going to be far better.
We're a xenophobic ultra-religious society who believe Humans are the superior species in space. How would meeting an alien race - that our beliefs say should be exterminated on site with fire from the heavens - possibly have been better?

More lulzy.

They didn't show themselves when Codexia was a multikult liberal utopia. There'd probably have been some interesting reason if they chose to show themselves to a Codexian that was far less welcoming of aliens.

laclongquan

Arcane
Whoever said them showing their own selves? Our alien search government programs are still active and that was when they need a little more funding to interpret the faint and mistarious signs they gathered. But those funding got poured into shield shit. Shrug!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom