Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I still think systematic nuclear bombardment of all Commo planets is the only sensible option. Let's add the Commo Dead Zone to the Phyrr dead zone and simply expand away from the Hi'in and Raumen

meeneque

Liturgist
Codex 2013 Wasteland 2
I understand that some of the counselors would like to treat commies like a little puppy that was just misbehaving. Fondle it, take away it's toys and leave it alone until it grows up.
That's not true. It is a wild dog that have just attacked us, looking for our throats. It has to be caged, put in quarantine and taught good manners.

And their elites? If they had them they would never attacked us in first place, amirite?

I vote A
edit: thx luan, i'm a moron

Luan

Educated
From the tone of your post meeneque, are you sure you want to vote B? Forced caging and quarantine sound much more like an A vote.

Also, I believe most councilors want to give said dog a brutal beating to show who really is the alpha. If said dog dies, it dies.

Nickless

Educated
cobra-commander-kicks-a-puppy.jpg

anus_pounder

Arcane
What worries is what we'll do once we get our shit together. Even with commo territory and all the resources that gives us, we're still outmatched by every other alien out there. What are we suppose to do ? Occupy the Phyr dead zone?

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Read this thread the entire day. Joyfully caught up. I hopefully can advise The Council towards the Greater Glory of God and Killing Those Guys.

A.

As someone said earlier -- B is the Bioware choice, and that's bitten us in the ass every time.

laclongquan

Arcane
At 1730 hours on 16 August 357AU, Commandant General Giovanni Price of the AFC broadcast a surrender message on all bands from the Ascot Vale, his flagship. It outlined that the Commonwealth government had instructed its invading forces to inflict defeat upon their Marianite brothers to guarantee the future security of the Commo state - but not at the expense of their humanity or the occurrence of what would be an infamous act of genocide. Finally recognising that the Marianites would not surrender under threat of annihilation, the Commonwealth was forced to acknowledge its own defeat. Space forces thereafter cautiously advanced against the spent Commo flotilla. True enough to their word, they kept their guns and electronic suites silent, as they were overtaken by the Respublican vessels

Damn! I like these bastards! Too bad the zealots got stronger stomachs. Ah well~ Sometimes you bluff the universe, sometimes the universe call yours.

As for my fellow councilmen and women, have at it! I really dont care. You let your bigoted bloodthirstiness affect your decision and I see no changing your mind now.

The only hope that we can survive this current unpleasantness. Survive the upcoming war with Hiin when we no longer have the Commo as an effective buffer.

Fine, burn down the Commo~ burn the productive worlds that can provide the much needed industrial capacity. Causing even more unrest and instability by conduct self-multilate, self-genocide. Do it, zealots! But remember it, genocide is a fire and forget weapon. Once you unleash it, you can have no control over its every aspect. Dont think you can spare target in your terror campaign.

Nevertheless, the voice of reason must be spoken. I fully endorse Councilor Nickless's strategy.

VOTING BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Current tally:

15 proud and noble patriots have voted A :salute:
4 weak-minded scumbags have voted B, and will be included in the purging.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is more difficult than I thought it would be.

I'm sticking with A, but only if we truly purge just those who will cause unrest -- leave the military and production relatively intact. The last thing we need is to start killing Smart People Who Could Build Better Guns.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
It is looking increasingly likely that the update will be completed tomorrow (Thursday night, Melbourne time).

The Barbarian will keep the voting booths open until then.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Things never go as planned.

But remember, those who have been purged are nothing but sinful. Maria would never let our divinely inspired exquisitors purge an innocent. Spare the righteous, purge the guilty. To question the judgement of the quisition is to question the very tenets of our religion.

Murk

Arcane
The Barbarian said:
Any particular flashpoint in mind, dear Mikayel?

This I'd leave up to you, if you had any particularly cool ideas for a branch that we didn't go down, or consequences you were fond of but never got to implement.

It would add extra work tho, so of course I would understand not being able to.

Since there is an element of the butterfly effect in every choice, the Barbarian can only really tell you of what might have been with regard to particular choices.

If you have a look at the first set of updates, however, you can see what happens when Conan messes up and posts the wrong update.

The rigors of travel through space and through jump-points is endless, and with the many layers of technology and physics-altering phenomena present, it is no surprise sometimes we see things that never were.

engy

Novice
The Barbarian said:
It is looking increasingly likely that the update will be completed tomorrow (Thursday night, Melbourne time).

The Barbarian will keep the voting booths open until then.

:(

Awaiting the incredible update.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Barbarian's wanderings may often take him to uncharted regions where time behaves differently.

You'll get used to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom