Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by felipepepe, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Latelistener Cipher

Latelistener
    I plan to play Remastered and Scholar at some point and I also want to know the difference between those versions before moving to DS3. I have a feeling that Elden Ring same as Sekiro won't have multiplayer, so at least some players should still be there.

I also don't like when they remove games from Steam, like PDTE, so I purchased the DS2 bundle first and then the upgrade to Scholar. Wasn't much expensive with my regional pricing.

^ Top  
  2. Alphard Learned

Alphard
    If it is SOTF that introduced all those cancer enemies placement and ambushes in DS2 , then yes better vanilla. Haven't tried dlcs yet of SOTFS so i cannot comment on those, but the main SOTFS game is frustrating and artificially difficult for all the wrong reasons (and has quite a lot of shitty bosses)

• No No x 4
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Elwro Arcane

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    OK, I finally beat Four Kings on NG+, to become a Darkwraith. Like a man, solo, using an Uchi+15 (with charcoal resin at the beginning, MoC, Grass Crest Shield on my back). I think only 3 spawned and now, as usually in this game, I think the fight is actually easy ;-)

^ Top  
  4. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Now prove you're a real chad and do it on NG+7.

^ Top  
  5. Elwro Arcane

Elwro
    Sure! Given the time I have for gaming, I'll get back to you sometime around 2027.

Still, I never thought this moment would come, but I see how one can think of an SL1 run as a fun challenge..

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Silverfish Educated

Silverfish
    Just wait until after you've done SL1 and start looking for even goofier challenges. That's the real Dark Souls.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Silva Arcane

Silva
    You don't become a Darkwraight until you invade someone and suck him dry of humanity. Preferentially an unsuspecting noob.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. CyberWhale Arcane

CyberWhale

This was probably posted already, but I'm not going to recheck 400+ pages just to make sure.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. pakoito Arcane

pakoito
    It's missing the name of the locations tho

^ Top  
  10. slasher 2 Patron

slasher
    again japanese steal western places

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Jigawatt Arcane

Jigawatt
    Click the title so it opens in youtube, then "Show More" in the description

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Alphard Learned

Alphard
    i live very near Craco vecchio ( old craco) i have never been there but i plan to do it. just need to git gud to kill taurus demon

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    I haven't tried BKH, but Black Knight Greatsword is p. great from my experience. No need for buffs, just pure STR. I even raped (M)anus with its dodgeroll counterattack thrust with the help of Leo Ring.

^ Top  
  14. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/astronomers-spy-milky-way-galaxy-very-early-universe

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. polo Erudite

polo

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Silva Arcane

Silva
    Is it possible to speak to both Frampt and Kaathe before making a decision about which side to pick?

I'm on a playthrough with a noob friend and would like to show him the two sides of the plot.

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Yes, of course. All you have to do is ring the bells - Frampt will appear. Then simply defeat the 4 Kings and Kaathe will appear.
    For an easier time, make sure your friend knows what weapon he wants to max, and (maybe) have Power Within on hand.

^ Top  
  18. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Not quite. You have to talk to Kaathe first, and then Frampt. If you talk to Frampt first at Firelink (you know, the hub where the player always go) Kaathe won't spawn. Unless they changed it to be less stupid in the Remastered.
    It was entirely possible to miss a whole covenant in the first game unless you play the game in a specific order, which is terrible design and makes no sense lore wise.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Bendu Educated

Bendu
    Yes, just don't place the Lordvessel on the Firelink Altar. Just warp back by using Homeward Bone.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Elwro Arcane

Elwro
    DON'T SPEAK TO FRAMPT FIRST!

^ Top  
  21. Silverfish Educated

Silverfish
    Because who wouldn't want to be the fifth contradictory answer in a row, I'm pretty sure Kaathe will spawn after the Kings fight even if you talk to Frampt first, just don't use Frampt to place the lordvessel.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Latelistener Cipher

Latelistener
    A sensible way is to approach this is to actually play the game two times.

Speaking to Kaathe will require you to kill the 4 Kings before placing the lordvessel, which means you won't be able to access DLC (the second part of the pendant is in the library, behind the golden fog), which means you will have to kill Sif as a grave robber, rather than an old friend.

If you're okay with your friend not experiencing the most tragic moment in the game, then go ahead. Just do not talk (AT ALL) to Frampt after acquiring the lordvessel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Mmmh, i gotta look this up as i'm planning to take my character through NG+ shortly and i need to complete that ending as i want to try to get all the achievements (hey, it's something to do).

I'm also going to play NG+ with fresh gear. I expected it to be super hard but instead i just go out of the Asylum naked with only the shield and sword i found there. I shoved everything from my previous game in the bonfire box and i'm going to just play with what i find, pretending i'm playing a fresh game on regular difficulty. Going to be interesting, all though i guess i'll have to keep an upgraded weapon around in case i get invaded on the early part of the game.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Lmao, so i went up to the Bull boss and i did like 25 damage with my broad sword a hit. Would have taken me an half an hour to kill him, so i half considered going back to my upgraded weapon then i thought about just buffing it with lighting blade and he went down in a dozen of hits. If i had my +15 weapon he would have gone down in a few hits. Seems like NG+ would actually be easier than the base game if you went in fully decked, at least in this early part of the game.

With that said, the enemy bloat isn't actually as fun as i thought. It doesn't make the game harder just long winded, so much so i'm basically parrying or backstabbing every enemy i see because it takes me about 10 R1 swings to bring down even the regular zombies. I think when i get to Andre i'll buy some shards and take it to +3, and see how that goes. Still something i'd have done on a regular game so i'm not breaching my self imposed rule, except for the boss i guess but that was more a matter of experimenting.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    ^ Top  
  25. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    As far as difficulty goes, you won't feel any real change until O&S/4Kings, even if you choose to play fresh. Really the most important development has already taken place: you as a person have improved; you are a Chosen Undead.
    And really, all the "weapon upgrade" gimmick is spent as far as playstyle goes, because you can go INT/FTH and never touch a weapon - just spells all day.

As a personal 2cents: I didn't feel anything got more punishing until NG+3.

• It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.