Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

IMHO the multiple enemy bosses were far more unfair than any OHKO boss, given the fact that you are much more handicapped by having more than one enemy at a time.
nope. gargoyles are not unfair, you just to need git gud at dodging while shitty hitboxes can oneshot you even if you dodge like a pro

also noticed that Thrones Defender/Watcher fight is much better if you summon Bernhard/Vengarl. Bosses got hp boost which they realy need otherwise you can kill them with 3 fucking Flame Swaths and those phantoms will not help much you. Once they got a bit of HP and you cant rush them the fight gets much better, fuckers have enough hp/time to buff themselves and heal/resurect. They are still not enough aggresive to be at O&S level but i somehow like that they move with grace:lol:

Dāku Souru Tsu: Prepare to handicap yourself edition to enjoy the game more:obviously:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Lol met my first MULEfag. Too bad I didn't take note on his name so I could report him, but good lord can you be even more obvious when you invade a SL32 character and use Forbidden Sun against him :roll:

That person is the height of being a loser. He needs to git gud.

Thankfully From is already banning mulers. If he continues he'll get his.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
IGN made a graphics comparison of PC vs. PS3: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/08/dark-souls-2-ps3-vs-pc-graphics-comparison

Looks exactly the same, with slight shaper textures and a bit of anti-aliasing.

Stop being a shitty graphics whore.
Stop being such a fanboy, FFS. "Oh, the game is still good" doesn't erase the fact that From Software went full retard by showing a fantastic looking game and then not delivering said visual, without ever adressing the issue.

Kanedias

Savant
Something unrelated to all of this discussion: In the Undead Crypt, before the second bonfire (in the part where the shortcut is located later) you can drop down, and if you have a torch, you can light up a statue there, and it has a really nice effect. Not really a gameplay effect, but it makes that part of the Crypt looks so much cooler. There is a Soul Vessel there too.

DragoFireheart

Something unrelated to all of this discussion: In the Undead Crypt, before the second bonfire (in the part where the shortcut is located later) you can drop down, and if you have a torch, you can light up a statue there, and it has a really nice effect. Not really a gameplay effect, but it makes that part of the Crypt looks so much cooler. There is a Soul Vessel there too.

But won't that piss off the Crypt Guards?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Read again, From Software only said:

A developer is always challenged with creating the most rewarding gaming experience while delivering continuity in graphical quality, gameplay dynamics, and balance within the game. The final version of Dark Souls II displays the culmination of this delicate balance and we’re very proud of the positive media and fan reception for the game.

Hardly an answer. What Eric Kain quotes later is a "source close to development", that says it was all due framerate on consoles. Thus, t shouldn't be an issue on the PC hardware.

Kanedias

Savant

But won't that piss off the Crypt Guards?

No, they only get pissed if you get a light source in their room. This only affect that part with the shortcut. The area looks much better after you activate that statue.

praetor

Arcane
Stop being a fanboy and hold the developer responsible for shitty decisions.

i was saying the exact same thing one month ago (releasing the "true build" on PC first would've been a much bigger [financial] shot in the foot), but then you and the others attacked me :P

nope. gargoyles are not unfair, you just to need git gud at dodging while shitty hitboxes can oneshot you even if you dodge like a pro

also noticed that Thrones Defender/Watcher fight is much better if you summon Bernhard/Vengarl. Bosses got hp boost which they realy need otherwise you can kill them with 3 fucking Flame Swaths and those phantoms will not help much you. Once they got a bit of HP and you cant rush them the fight gets much better, fuckers have enough hp/time to buff themselves and heal/resurect. They are still not enough aggresive to be at O&S level but i somehow like that they move with grace:lol:

i was cooping them and nashandra all day for (roughly) the past 2 days and even with 3 players they go down really, really quickly. flame swathe takes away something like a third of Watcher and a fourth of Defender health (while my +5 manslayer did 100damage per hit). and for some reason shitloads of players summon Vengarl (Benhart was seen very rarely) and quite a few leave the duo for last so they fight Nashandra immediately after (which is pretty cool)

speaking of Nashandra... holy fucking low-res textures. what is this, 1995?

IGN made a graphics comparison of PC vs. PS3: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/08/dark-souls-2-ps3-vs-pc-graphics-comparison

Looks exactly the same, with slight shaper textures and a bit of anti-aliasing.

Stop being a shitty graphics whore.
Stop being such a fanboy, FFS. "Oh, the game is still good" doesn't erase the fact that From Software went full retard by showing a fantastic looking game and then not delivering said visual, without ever adressing the issue.
was there ever game released on consoles and on pc that would have so different graphics like those two versions of DS2(TGC Demo and release version)? I mean even Crysis 1 did not look so different right?

Also lighting in TGC Demo would affect gameplay a fucking lot. You could probably forget about doing some of those dark locations with two-handed weapons. I would still like it cause there are always some stationary torches to light up.

i was cooping them and nashandra all day for (roughly) the past 2 days and even with 3 players they go down really, really quickly. flame swathe takes away something like a third of Watcher and a fourth of Defender health (while my +5 manslayer did 100damage per hit). and for some reason shitloads of players summon Vengarl (Benhart was seen very rarely) and quite a few leave the duo for last so they fight Nashandra immediately after (which is pretty cool)
i know dude thats way i used Benhart/Vengarl. Any two not retarded players helping you make every fucking boss in Souls games trivial. But those two NPC are not that good. Still its fucking handicapping yourself:(

And fighting Nashandra without any break was cool. She has also a bit different cut scene. I used all my Lighting Spears so had to melee her.

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
was there ever game released on consoles and on pc that would have so different graphics like those two versions of DS2(TGC Demo and release version)? I mean even Crysis 1 did not look so different right?

Crysis 1 was like night and day. even on mid-range PCs back then it looked 100 times better on PC. on consoles it was like on the lowest of the low PC settings

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
i was saying the exact same thing one month ago (releasing the "true build" on PC first would've been a much bigger [financial] shot in the foot), but then you and the others attacked me :P
I only said for you to wait for the PC version, that it was expected that a console had worst graphics than glorious PC master race. Apparently not, so NOW we can bitch about what a shitty thing they did.

Also lighting in TGC Demo would affect gameplay a fucking lot. You could probably forget about doing some of those dark locations with two-handed weapons. I would still like it cause there are always some stationary torches to light up.
I thought that was the ideia, not people raising brightness to max and then saying that torches are useless...

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So is it really that hard to make keyboard and mouse icons instead of having the 360 icons again? Seriously that's just lazy.

DragoFireheart

Yeah the PC version NOT looking like the demos shown early on is horse shit. That I can agree with.

I only said for you to wait for the PC version, that it was expected that a console had worst graphics than glorious PC master race. Apparently not, so NOW we can bitch about what a shitty thing they did.

I thought that was the ideia, not people raising brightness to max and then saying that torches are useless...

even with old lighting they could simply raise the brightness. i deliberately play with lowest brightness setting and game looks cool:obviously: Not on that TGC Demo level but much better than those shitty screenshots they post.

meanwhileInPoland said:
Crysis 1 was like night and day. even on mid-range PCs back then it looked 100 times better on PC. on consoles it was like on the lowest of the low PC settings

i think i remenber there were at least 3 different versions. The one they showed in 2005? which looked unfuckingbelievable and than great looking PC version and not so great looking consoles version. Similar to Far Cry 3

Morgoth said:
80Maxwell08 said:
So is it really that hard to make keyboard and mouse icons instead of having the 360 icons again? Seriously that's just lazy.
Are you implying that anyone even wants to play this with K/M?
Yes like they wanted to in the first one but couldn't because it was crap.

why would you even want to play it with K/M. Do you play FPS games with controller? Or RTS with touchpad?

80Maxwell08

Arcane
why would you even want to play it with K/M. Do you play FPS games with controller? Or RTS with touchpad?
Hack and slashes are pretty easy to play with a mouse and keyboard. Also it's just lazy to copy and paste them AGAIN. They had extra time and couldn't even make a icons? Don't even make support for them then. Just make controllers mandatory if you don't even feel like making icons for keyboard and mouse.

DragoFireheart

Hack and slashes are pretty easy to play with a mouse and keyboard. Also it's just lazy to copy and paste them AGAIN. They had extra time and couldn't even make a icons? Don't even make support for them then. Just make controllers mandatory if you don't even feel like making icons for keyboard and mouse.

PC master race wants its cake and the ability to eat it.

Mods will fix this.

Gozma

Arcane
I dunno how you could do keyboard and mouse with this because it's designed for two analog controls. Does WASD circle strafe or tank control or what? I never even tried. Strafing without lockon in this would be brokenly strong I'd think?

Also PvP in a game where bow headshots can stunlock anyone from full to dead must be interesting with mouse controls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom