Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You sure you went all the way on that path? There's still down a ladder from the bonfire you find after the Gargoyles.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I meant I got the great soul at the end of that section. I thought I went down that ladder but maybe not. It's a dead end anyways right? So I probably skipped it to go somewhere more useful since important loot never shows up anywhere (urgh.)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Also, sorcery is steadily becoming more and more dissapointing as I gain levels. All the cool sounding/looking spells are shit once you use them. Soul vortex, homing souls, soul shower, all fucking useless. I look forward to getting that soul greatsword thing and having it clip enemies for 50 damage.
Soul Greatsword is actually very good.

Murk

Arcane
Cowboy Moment prepare for disappointment then. The last boss is a total joke and I don't think I met any boss as hard as Kalameet or Manus. Even the dragon fight was weak; so weak that after you beat the boss version you fight 3 more like 2 minutes after it.

This game has the end-game dive in a far more heinous capacity than DS 1.

Healing item farming is blah. This game has restoration rings and evil eye + 1 easily attainable which is actually vaguely decent in healing yourself. You use life gems for mooks and save the faster using estus for bosses. Life gems, even regular ones, are still a way to patch up health between basic enemies. It won't save you mid boss probably but it can heal you between regular fights. Also, I often use it to counteract poison (a single life gem keeps your health static) instead of bothering with poison moss.

Either case, healing was not an issue in either game except for early on. And that's only an issue for people who are new to the game. Once you learn the ropes you can reasonably expect to not take damage until you die from falling off a ledge or get caught in a boss/enemy sucker punch.

Damned Registrations

Well I guess I'll have to get 7 copies then, because everything else sucks. Just picked up soul spear and dark storm. URGH. STOP MAKING HIGH LEVEL STUFF SUCK. Still using fucking lightning spears and great heavy soul arrows to do all the major damage. Sad.

Seath, Nito, 4noobz, Asylum Demon 3.0, Ceaseless retard, Bed of bulshit, Centipede vs. Mirror Knight, Demon Song, Velstadt, Guardian Dragon, Darklurker, Throne Duo ?
what is shittier and why? :lol:

End game magic is good. try to dodge crystal soul spear with that netcode/lag:troll: also powerstanced magic blue flames +5 buffed with CMW and Souls Greatsword. playing battlemage is fun like never before and you dont even need Pursuers/Dark bead...:kwafuckyeah:

DramaticPopcorn

Anyone tried some of those ENB mods yet? Which one is the best and the most stable one ?

subotaiy

Cipher
I''m approaching the end and the game starts to feel too much like a chore, is too tiring and and offers too little enjoyment. At this stage I just want to get it over with, I have no clue what I am doing or why and don't really care.
Though I liked very much the first one and replayed it for around 4 times, I doubt I'm going to come back to this. Maybe I'm getting too old for this sort of thing.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well I guess I'll have to get 7 copies then, because everything else sucks. Just picked up soul spear and dark storm. URGH. STOP MAKING HIGH LEVEL STUFF SUCK. Still using fucking lightning spears and great heavy soul arrows to do all the major damage. Sad.
Great Resonant Soul is your friend.

Damned Registrations

Well, it certainly destroys bosses. OTOH, almost nothing is worth 500 souls when killed to begin with, so it's not terribly useful for getting through areas unless you want to hemmorage souls.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well, it certainly destroys bosses. OTOH, almost nothing is worth 500 souls when killed to begin with, so it's not terribly useful for getting through areas unless you want to hemmorage souls.
Dark Orb(or whatever) is pretty good against regular dudes.

Stonewolf

Augur
I was wondering why there were no invasions at all during my playthrough (except Bells), and now I found out why: because invading doesnt give you anything. In DS1 killing world master/invader gave humanity, in here not only you dont get shit but also you have to waste effigy and cracked red eye orb, and for some reason they removed whole orbs, so you have to farm them in arena, which half of the time doesnt work or takes forever to find a match.

This really sucks, in Dark Souls invading seemed more like a fair game, whoever wins during invasion gets rewarded, here its just done for the joy of ganking, and you have to do a lot of labor to even get it going in the first place.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I finally figured out how to take screenshots which capture all the added effects from mods. Keep in mind that I'm also using a custom DOF effect in an effort to make it look more like DaS1 (and somewhat obscure the oftentimes shitty textures and geometry in the distance), and haven't turned it off for the "Before" screenshots.

Huntsman's Copse:
E9BD57008685F63A036835D618C50C908AC60712
CC50EFF6A0598F0E9B89E130DA4CF52CEEBB99D2
C6C9F6F2992F77B8399048D1FB013C6F76159D4A
EF1D3A6009EC1C982D596EB425EC7E6CAC7C45D9

Sinner's Rise:
69C71A8C27E1A670E7D867CBFECA3703F56B6271
5539DE28FD6E4CB72451B84370A207024045ADD0

The Gutter:
7600189E9127C550DBF7C6E22577FE77294386D0
8B5F1FC569D63A6A700C3FDFCB6476CB177B662A

Doors of Pharros:
C5EB472A459AA586AC1E38ECCF72503A32FBCF8F
F96F448284848DEABE7E4A847F610E67D5171AF0

Majula:
AF5A51014918434CBCB629B7D04F2E63242CCFE3
1BEBA4D01AD950866E185813D975779F2424D827
7C90C86D96281345A2080077F99144D635820A64
15A0CD682A4002947CB352C2A553E4047DB68FD8

Honestly, the game plays better in dark areas, as you actually need to use a torch to avoid tripping over your own legs. I couldn't traverse Sinner's Rise without one because I couldn't see the stupid exploding hollows early enough, for instance.

Murk

Arcane

Seath, Nito, 4noobz, Asylum Demon 3.0, Ceaseless retard, Bed of bulshit, Centipede vs. Mirror Knight, Demon Song, Velstadt, Guardian Dragon, Darklurker, Throne Duo ?
what is shittier and why? :lol:

Both games break down in quality near the end; in my opinion the second one's was a heavier drop. Opinions n shit, ya know. Tho of the ones you listed, really only Mirror Knight and Darklurker were fun to me.

I am curious if they plan a DLC/expansion and if it will have some great moments similar to the first game's DLC.

Declinator

Arbiter
Using a bonfire ascetic on NG, is the revived boss the NG+ version or just the NG one? I used one at Sinner's Rise but
the Lost Sinner didn't spawn the two pyromancers that I was expecting to face

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Holy shit those giant memories are dumb as hell. What were they thinking?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Using a bonfire ascetic on NG, is the revived boss the NG+ version or just the NG one? I used one at Sinner's Rise but
the Lost Sinner didn't spawn the two pyromancers that I was expecting to face
I think it is supposed to work as NG+ in most respects, and that should be one of them, but I am not sure.
I was wondering why there were no invasions at all during my playthrough (except Bells), and now I found out why: because invading doesnt give you anything. In DS1 killing world master/invader gave humanity, in here not only you dont get shit but also you have to waste effigy and cracked red eye orb, and for some reason they removed whole orbs, so you have to farm them in arena, which half of the time doesnt work or takes forever to find a match.

This really sucks, in Dark Souls invading seemed more like a fair game, whoever wins during invasion gets rewarded, here its just done for the joy of ganking, and you have to do a lot of labor to even get it going in the first place.
In fact, what you do get if you win is pointless (token of spite) and sin, which opens you up to more invasions and also prohibits the use of certain items properly. Also if you get too much sin you can hollow beyond 50%. So yeah, they fucked up invasions hard, which makes blue covenants pointless, so all the fewls go to join bell covenant, and everyone suffers.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Accidentally hit the trigger for the credits to switch to new game plus, before I wanted to kill Vendrick and get Bernhardts sword.

:killit:

DramaticPopcorn

Dudes give me some fucking guidance:
I've explored whole of the Heide Tower of Flame area, been to the Wharf, Lost Bastile, Sinner's Rise and belltower, grave of the saints (discovered the Gallows but then quickly fucked away from there because of NOPE), Forest of the Giants, that forest with cursing lionhead dudes, Gates of Pharros, that nice mining area, maybe Im forgetting something but looks like that's it... the question is:
DO I REALLY HAVE TO GO TO THE GALLOWS OH GAHD OH GAHD OH GAHD

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Dudes give me some fucking guidance:
I've explored whole of the Heide Tower of Flame area, been to the Wharf, Lost Bastile, Sinner's Rise and belltower, grave of the saints (discovered the Gallows but then quickly fucked away from there because of NOPE), Forest of the Giants, that forest with cursing lionhead dudes, Gates of Pharros, that nice mining area, maybe Im forgetting something but looks like that's it... the question is:
DO I REALLY HAVE TO GO TO THE GALLOWS OH GAHD OH GAHD OH GAHD

Check out the path from Majula to Heide's again.

This looks pretty cool, care to share the files with us?

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/7/

Using this with GeDoSaTo (fucking Durante and his shitty names), but only for the DOF, so if you don't want that you can use it on its own. Only change I've made is enabled Vibrance in SweetFX and set the value to like 0.2, since the default look was a bit too washed out, I thought. If editing a sweetfx config file scares you, I can upload mine.

Also, just FYI, you need to turn it off in the foggy part of Shaded Woods, since it makes it really bright.

Last edited:

aris

Arcane
There is one overwhelmingly common trait among the invaders. Cowardice. Invasion right before the chariot boss room... Come on. And From, who often likes to challenge the player, really caters to cowards like this, giving them insane odds in their favor, and not punishing them at all when they fail.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
It's designed to be a dickmove. If it really pisses you off so much, join them in their sheningans.

abija

Prophet
There is one overwhelmingly common trait among the invaders. Cowardice. Invasion right before the chariot boss room... Come on. And From, who often likes to challenge the player, really caters to cowards like this, giving them insane odds in their favor, and not punishing them at all when they fail.
There's even a NPC invading there, should be a hint...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Well, invaders have nothing to gain(in DS2) and 'everything' to lose, so extreme caution is a natural response...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom