Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Somehow I managed to fuck up the Pate / Creighton storyline and they didn't appear in Brightstone Cove for me. Goddamnit. I exhausted all their previous dialogues...

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Did you talk with Pate in the Earthen Peek/Creighton in Shaded Ruins as well?

aris

Arcane
There is one overwhelmingly common trait among the invaders. Cowardice. Invasion right before the chariot boss room... Come on. And From, who often likes to challenge the player, really caters to cowards like this, giving them insane odds in their favor, and not punishing them at all when they fail.
There's even a NPC invading there, should be a hint...
Well that's exactly the point, you're referring to the black phantom standing in front of the boss gate, right? And you have a pretty daunting gauntlet to get through to get there too (It was NG+ even), I had to fight both. The odds aren't exactly even, to put it mildly.
There is one overwhelmingly common trait among the invaders. Cowardice. Invasion right before the chariot boss room... Come on. And From, who often likes to challenge the player, really caters to cowards like this, giving them insane odds in their favor, and not punishing them at all when they fail.
Well, invaders have nothing to gain(in DS2) and 'everything' to lose, so extreme caution is a natural response...
What do you mean? They get souls if they win, and what do they lose if they fail?

aris

Arcane
They just wasted a red orb when the invasion failed?
Pff, and if I fail, I lose my humanity, parts of my total health bar and potentially all my souls I was going to get back (this has happened to me thrice). And the red orb is spent either way, If I'm not mistaken.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Just try out the covenant for yourself ffs. It's not as easy peezee wooping people candy mode as you think it is if you want to actually progress through the covenant levels as a bloodbro. If you are really so deathly afraid, use the black seperation crystal.

aris

Arcane
I'm not deathly afraid, I face them every time. It's just annoying that they play it so cowardly, that's all.

Does clear bluestone ring work on miracles as well?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm not deathly afraid, I face them every time. It's just annoying that they play it so cowardly, that's all.

Does clear bluestone ring work on miracles as well?
Afaik, yes. Casting speed influences all magic.

aris

Arcane
Invasions are supposed to be shit for you. That's kinda the point. They aren't punishing enough in DaS and DaS2 imo.
Yeah, I know, but there should be some pressure on the invader as well, other than buhuuu I wasted a red eye cracked orb without getting free souls!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you really dun like invadaz why not become a blue apostle and get free summon when it happens? Assuming that there actually are blue sentinels of course...

Invasions are supposed to be shit for you. That's kinda the point. They aren't punishing enough in DaS and DaS2 imo.
Yeah, I know, but there should be some pressure on the invader as well, other than buhuuu I wasted a red eye cracked orb without getting free souls!
the fuck you whine about? you can heal, you can use seed to turn mobs against invader, summon phantoms or bluefagg or simply run to boss fog duuuuudeeeeeee. i as a invader dont even get humanity or that much souls for killing you. the only reason i invade is to fuck up your precious gameplay:troll:

aris

Arcane
the fuck you whine about? you can heal, you can use seed to turn mobs against invader, summon phantoms or bluefagg or simply run to boss fog duuuuudeeeeeee. i as a invader dont even get humanity or that much souls for killing you. the only reason i invade is to fuck up your precious gameplay:troll:
You can heal, in practice makes little difference, as any guy with half a brain will backstab you when you try it, or just beat you down. What seed? Didn't know that. Summon phantoms is rarely an option, as they rarely appear. And if you try to go to the boss fog they can interrupt you infinitely, and kill you easier.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
What seed?
Seed of giants. Whenever you get invaded, the tree right by the third bonfire in forest of fallen giants has a chance to grow a seed. When you burn it at a bonfire, enemies near that bonfire will attack invaders(forever?).

You can heal, in practice makes little difference, as any guy with half a brain will backstab you when you try it, or just beat you down. What seed? Didn't know that. Summon phantoms is rarely an option, as they rarely appear. And if you try to go to the boss fog they can interrupt you infinitely, and kill you easier.

seed of a tree giants turns mobs hostile against invader. you can use lifegem while walking, run bitch to fucking bonfire there is always an available summon sign unless you play in some shitty unpopular levels like Harvest Valley or run to boss fog there will be for certain sunfaggs summon sign, people co-op the shit out of this game 24/7. the fuck yuo want from invaders?to give them 50%hp cap while invading? :lol:

aris

Arcane
Are you guys trying to misunderstand me? Shifting the goal post? I never said I have any problems with invasions itself. I said, my problem is that it's risk free. And my initial complaint was the incredible cowardly behaviour of the majority of the invaders I've faced.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Plug out your internet and play like normal people.
:troll:

In other news, I see Vendrick learned well from Infinitron school of RPG design. Aka make something deal a fuckton of damaG and let players sort it out.
I just can't get his first horizontal attack, sometimes I roll well, sometimes I die while rolling.
Damn really don't know what to do. I even binded rolling to right mouse button.

edt. nvm, turns out burrowing yourself in his ass works as fine as for other bosses... don't know why I tried to stay near his side.

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

This game stops spawning some trash mobs if you die too much.

That's the biggest insult I've ever experienced. I'm in therapy now.

abija

Prophet
And my initial complaint was the incredible cowardly behaviour of the majority of the invaders I've faced.
So go blue and hunt the scum?
I mean click that Unable to find world prompt furiously
Btw, they don't exactly get a view of your run and pinpoint the place and time to gank you...

Murk

Arcane
Vendrick would have benefitted from a "oh, so you're behind me?" attack of some kind. Otherwise you just chill there since he is a clear battle of endurance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom