Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Wait is black seperation crystal a reusable item, like the white soap stone? I thought it was single use, but I've only found one in the entire game.

Reusable.

Also, if I use it, do anybody know if it adds to this hidden counter, that if high enough, makes me unable to coop, but still make me invadable?

No. It's only if you D/C or turn off your system like a loser virgin you get penalized. At worst, black crystaling will get you some hate mail.

aris

Arcane
Wait is black seperation crystal a reusable item, like the white soap stone? I thought it was single use, but I've only found one in the entire game.

Reusable.

Also, if I use it, do anybody know if it adds to this hidden counter, that if high enough, makes me unable to coop, but still make me invadable?

No. It's only if you D/C or turn off your system like a loser virgin you get penalized. At worst, black crystaling will get you some hate mail.
Cool, then I guess it's black crystal every time an invasion is particularly inconvenient then.

DragoFireheart

Reusable.

Cool, then I guess it's black crystal every time an invasion is particularly inconvenient then.

Black Crystalling will not remove the invader.

praetor

Arcane
you cannot banish invaders with the black crystal, only summons (whites, sunbros, and probably reds through the red stone? maybe dragonbros?)

the one-time use item drago is referring is the Bone of order, not black separation crystal

aris

Arcane
WHAT THE FUCK??????? I just got invaded, tried to use the black seperation crystal, "nobody to exile". Ok, I'm probably too far away, stood right above him "nobody to exile", did a drop attack on him, used it right next to him, "nobody to exile", and then he stun locked me and killed me, what the fuck is this broken shit?

*edit* Aha, where can I get these bones?

DragoFireheart

you cannot banish invaders with the black crystal, only summons (whites, sunbros, and probably reds through the red stone? maybe dragonbros?)

the one-time use item drago is referring is the Bone of order, not black separation crystal

I was not talking about the Bone of Order really, but yes, that item is one use only.

DragoFireheart

WHAT THE FUCK??????? I just got invaded, tried to use the black seperation crystal, "nobody to exile". Ok, I'm probably too far away, stood right above him "nobody to exile", did a drop attack on him, used it right next to him, "nobody to exile", and then he stun locked me and killed me, what the fuck is this broken shit?

*edit* Aha, where can I get these bones?

The bones will not remove invaders.

You only get one Bone.

The only ways to get rid of invaders is to:

A. Enter a fog door.
B. Kill the invader.
C. Wait long enough for them to go away.
D. Die.

Stonewolf

Augur

You cant use it to exile invaders, u casul, its for sending back friendly summons/going back to your world.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Was probably my fault for telling him to use that crystal. :P I've never used it on a red invader, but figured it works.

Hey, you could use that (consumable) giant seed thingy. It makes the enemies aggro against the invader.

But seriously. Man up and give the invaders a proper fight.

I kinda wish I would get as many invadees as gaudaost is apparently getting though. In all my probably 50 hours now? I have been getting like, 5 red invaders or so :/

aris

Arcane
I still don't understand how I can use the blue stone. I am in the blue sentinels covenant, I'm wearing the bluebro ring, but still it's greyed out, I can't use it.

I also have another question, when wearing the blue sentinel ring, will I only get summoned for people getting invaded in the same zone?

I still don't understand how I can use the blue stone. I am in the blue sentinels covenant, I'm wearing the bluebro ring, but still it's greyed out, I can't use it.

I also have another question, when wearing the blue sentinel ring, will I only get summoned for people getting invaded in the same zone?
nope you can get summoned to any area. and how about you turn human you filthy casual and than use blue orb?

aris

Arcane
Was probably my fault for telling him to use that crystal. :P I've never used it on a red invader, but figured it works.

Hey, you could use that (consumable) giant seed thingy. It makes the enemies aggro against the invader.

But seriously. Man up and give the invaders a proper fight.

I kinda wish I would get as many invadees as gaudaost is apparently getting though. In all my probably 50 hours now? I have been getting like, 5 red invaders or so :/
If you sin more (kill NPCs, invade other players), you should have a higher chance of getting invaded. I've never sinned once though, to my knowledge, so it's pretty strange. Also supposedly you should have a bigger chance of getting invaded while having summoned bros, but this hasn't happened to me once, just when I'm playing alone and when I'm testing shit out (where I of course have no time to change back to my normal gear)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Good luck actually finding someone to invade though. I have tried it out numerous times, and the matchmaking never found someone.

DragoFireheart

If you sin more (kill NPCs, invade other players), you should have a higher chance of getting invaded. I've never sinned once though, to my knowledge, so it's pretty strange. Also supposedly you should have a bigger chance of getting invaded while having summoned bros, but this hasn't happened to me once, just when I'm playing alone and when I'm testing shit out (where I of course have no time to change back to my normal gear)

Anytime you kill anything as a red phantom counts as sin.

ANY TIME. orb, soap stone, invading NPCs...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

You probably need to be alive. Other than that, I don't know.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

The sin system seems to be fucked up. I killed one npc before wrapping up for NG+ (the hexer guy), invaded lots of people, put my red sign or dragon sign down etc. Yet, the pardoner says I am not a sinner and there is just a " - " in the char sheet where "Sinner" would normally be. On my old char on the console, where I never killed an NPC, I do have sinner status. :lol:

DragoFireheart

You probably need to be alive. Other than that, I don't know.

Correct. You can not be hollowed to do blue phantom stuff.

aris

Arcane
Ok, so I tried my very first invasion, got summoned to the dragon nest level WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY away from the player (strange, everytime I get invaded, they pop up right next to me), and I had to run after him. Then about half way through, something killed him, and I got the kill, I guess. I felt kind of bad afterwards though :(

DragoFireheart

The sin system seems to be fucked up. I killed one npc before wrapping up for NG+ (the hexer guy), invaded lots of people, put my red sign or dragon sign down etc. Yet, the pardoner says I am not a sinner and there is just a " - " in the char sheet where "Sinner" would normally be. On my old char on the console, where I never killed an NPC, I do have sinner status. :lol:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/21dnuj/how_does_sin_work/

Stonewolf

Augur
The sin system seems to be fucked up. I killed one npc before wrapping up for NG+ (the hexer guy), invaded lots of people, put my red sign or dragon sign down etc. Yet, the pardoner says I am not a sinner and there is just a " - " in the char sheet where "Sinner" would normally be.

Seems to work fine for me, so much that bluebros hinder my NG+ progress with PVE due to having to be in PVP gear and spells 24/7. I have like 15-17 token of spite, killed everything in Majula before departing.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Thats what I was referring to, normally I should be getting invaded by the truckloads of blues now that I am in new game plus and the soul memory system is changed. But I still dont get any. :/ I will start a new character soon anyway so I doesnt really matter. Low to mid level pvp is more fun for me.

aris

Arcane
The affinity hex is kind of like surprise buttsecks. I just have to get my int up 60, and I guess I can one shot many sinners.

DragoFireheart

Thats what I was referring to, normally I should be getting invaded by the truckloads of blues now that I am in new game plus and the soul memory system is changed. But I still dont get any. :/ I will start a new character soon anyway so I doesnt really matter. Low to mid level pvp is more fun for me.

Note that your hollowed status also changes your priority rating.

In other words, the more hollowed, the less likely you will be invaded. If you are human and have a shit ton of sin you should blues trying to anus_pounder you.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I was human all the time this morning. Maybe it was because of the early time of the day, will test that out now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom