Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Multiplayer as a whole is indeed superior to DKS1. From's B-Team did do something right.

The one thing that sucks about the soapstones is that there are certain conditions that will trigger "duty fulfilled" when you clear x number of mobs in certain area parts. Belfry Sol for example you kill a bunch of bell keeper mobs and you get your token of fidelity. Also the whole elevator activating route in Drangleic Castle - you get the reward after you kill those three alonne captains on the roof. In some cases you can't go start>finish.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Multiplayer as a whole is indeed superior to DKS1. From's B-Team did do something right.
You are from Poland, your opinion on this mater doesn't matter.

Any retard can make a stupid multiplayer optimized beat them up, but a complex game with correct weapon handling and proper tactics and options is quite hard to make sequel of. And multiplayer should be always only secondary to normal gameplay.

You are from Poland, your opinion on this mater doesn't matter.

Any retard can make a stupid multiplayer optimized beat them up, but a complex game with correct weapon handling and proper tactics and options is quite hard to make sequel of. And multiplayer should be always only secondary to normal gameplay.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

codex never fail to disappoint you :thumbsup:

Murk

Arcane
You guys are clearly misunderstanding, he means that his opinion doesn't matter on the person he is mating with; why else would he misspell a word then get it right immediately after?

LivingOne

Savant
On his defense you potatoes are everywhere here,his guess might have well turned out to be right...:martini:

Malpercio

Arcane
funny how they put a timer on white/gold phantoms (partly) to prevent ganking and achieved nothing on that part but made it so that everybody puts their sign down in front of the boss and almost nobody at the starting bonfire of a level. this game is a mess of ideas there were never thought through. thank you B-Team!

No, they did so Sun Bros can get their medal if they help you clear a level, instead of getting summoned at the beginning of the level, reach the boss and lose all their progresses because the host gets oneshotted like a moron at the boss. How many time did it happened in DS1?

People are actually incentive to put their summon at the beginning of a level instead of just the boss, and the small soapstone makes so people are more interested in exploring AND co-op at the same time since they allow you to take your time.

The whole multiplayer aspect is simply an improvement over DS1, especially they removed the whole "you can't get invaded if you kill the boss" which made blue bros completely useless since most gankers/invaders were camping Oolacite with the boss down.

Of course it makes sense: B-Team can't program.

I bet they could teach the A-Team how to make a decent PC port with working online, though!

Also I forgot YOU CAN LIGHT BONFIRE IN MULTIPLAYER HOLY SHIT, this alone it's a huge chance. No more shit like "Well, looks like we reached another bonfire, time to kill myself so host can lit it :,(".

praetor

Arcane
No, they did so Sun Bros can get their medal if they help you clear a level, instead of getting summoned at the beginning of the level, reach the boss and lose all their progresses because the host gets oneshotted like a moron at the boss. How many time did it happened in DS1?

People are actually incentive to put their summon at the beginning of a level instead of just the boss, and the small soapstone makes so people are more interested in exploring AND co-op at the same time since they allow you to take your time.

The whole multiplayer aspect is simply an improvement over DS1, especially they removed the whole "you can't get invaded if you kill the boss" which made blue bros completely useless since most gankers/invaders were camping Oolacite with the boss down.

what? small soapstone lasts for like 2minutes if you kill enemies so how is it an incentive for both co-op and exploring? i feel like you're not getting across what you actually mean because, to me, that makes no sense. i lost count of how many times i got summoned near Ornstein only for the host to run to the dragonderper and the timer always ran out at the maximum after the room with the 3 stooges (4 in ng+).

what's the incentive for putting it at the start when it's always better to do it at the end since you're sure you'll get summoned and the timer won't run out, other than to farm form tokens/stones/medals? there's a reason why most people put their sign at the boss fog, not at the start. that's what i was getting at: in DaS2 co-op seems to be about the rewards farming first, while in DaS1 the "material gains" were a secondary trait

and let's not even talk about the SM travesty that also hinders co-op, among other things... yeah, there are significant improvements to everything, but they also did some pretty big steps back... in everything

Though buffed and upgraded my Halberd may be,

Minimal damage from backstabs I see.

But a poke from their stick takes a chunk of HP,

You've reached a Hell known as Soul Memory.
"I can be unique" this thought you embrace,

Just before PvP takes a shit on your face.

Try to have fun with a whip and a mace?

Prepare to get Havelfucked straight into space.
Try the arena? I hope you don't suck.

My opponent's not moving? "Oh boy, what a schmuck!"

"No estus chug! Here we g-...Wait, what the fuck?"

Activate lagswitch. Nice Rusted Coin luck.
My SL's 150, "The Meta" they say,

You start to go hollow and minmax away,

Invaded, you bow, they wog you mid-sway,

"No Way" "No Way" "No Way" "No Way".
Stunlocks to backstabs? They use "This One's Me",

While full Sunbro ganksquads spam "Please Have Mercy".

What a wonderful land in Dark Souls PvP,

Hey Fromsoft! Good work with the Soul Memory.
courtesy of reddit

Am I missing a DaS2 event or something? After not encountering a single cheater for weeks I invaded 2 in a row yesterday and got invaded by 3 in a row today. All were different steam accounts.

Murk

Arcane
I had some dope pvp dickery last night with two bros who were willing to have fun. some guy who was naked and in a crown (aptly named SICarus) summoned me and some other guy as reds and we kept running around whipping each other and greys or blues that would pop in (belfry luna)

it's funny to see a guy summon in, and have 3 people backstep-twerk at him only for him to run away and fear-buff

Murk

Arcane
hahaha there is now a permanent bino boost glitch

well done from, well done

Murk

Arcane
a guy just did it in game, he said you need "an item with no name" so I'm currently looking up info on that

Kanedias

Savant
Ah, doesn't sound too legit. Or it may be related to save editing.

Was this on a stream or something?

Murk

Arcane
no, some guy I was helping clear out ng++

he hasn't done anything else weird but he might be using mods or something else. the thing is was him holding the binos and rolling twice (not sure if roll + r2) and he ran with the binos still on his face -- it can deactivate so it looks like it's a 'state' you enter

sent him a message asking for details or a link but he's currently offline, will report back with more when I know it

Murk

Arcane
bust: perma bino-boost relies on modded item (different pair of binoculars that zoom in more)

it's an unplaced item and so it wasn't patched, if you use a mod to spawn it in game you use it to dot he glitch

bust: perma bino-boost relies on modded item (different pair of binoculars that zoom in more)

it's an unplaced item and so it wasn't patched, if you use a mod to spawn it in game you use it to dot he glitch

Looks like you live on haxer island too fgt.

Murk

Arcane
we're all turtle butts in this together mang

EDIT: Weapons you see but cannot have, so far:

1) Syan's Sword (unless it is another sword I am not recognizing)
2) Falconer's Sabre (from NG+ Between Betwixt, it has a curved blade and is not a rapier)
3) Purgatory Guardians' staff halberd thing (uncertain, but I do not believe you can get it)

Any others?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom