Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Murk

Arcane
99 vit is now an offensive stat tight

i look forward to using it, the ring of blades, and the vanq seal (and of course the royal soldier's ring)

Murk

Arcane
I like that he alternates which hand he casts with; the r1/l1 rush never ends.

Murk

Arcane
was he from russia? no offense to shadenaut but I am noticing a pattern here =(

No idea but dem Russkies sure do like to cheat. First few weeks on PC majority of cheaters were Russkies.

Just discovered an awesome broken powerstance. Crescent Axe has a really weird moveset that has bits and pieces from straight swords/axes/halberds. Powerstance it with any Great Axe/UGS/Greathammer and you get the halberd powerstance moveset. It's not super amazing, but it makes it easier to hit with great weapons.

Murk

Arcane
I guess I should dick around with some powerstanced stuff; only powerstanced fists and helix halberds.

Got sick of miracles and the constant buffing; as much as I love profound still, I opted to go back to pyro only. I'm honestly confused how I keep blasting people in the face with great chaos fireballs. The cast time is so long and I don't wear the ring.

Does reporting cheaters even help?

Last edited:
I guess I should dick around with some powerstanced stuff; only powerstanced fists and helix halberds.

Got sick of miracles and the constant buffing; as much as I love profound still, I opted to go back to pyro only. I'm honestly confused how I keep blasting people in the face with great chaos fireballs. The cast time is so long and I don't wear the ring.

Does reporting cheaters even help?

Fire stuff seems inferior at high level PvP. Even small shit like water lowering your lightning def and raising fire def is telling you to use miracles. GET THAT DEFENDER'S SWORD AND R2 ALL DAY.

I've been reporting cheaters since day one but I don't think it does anything.

Also http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/577898453879751809/E003A3CBC4AA411747FB08C470F51D8095F7FF96/

Murk

Arcane
Oh god, that voice. Why.

I never really use direct projectiles (other than forbidden sun for finishers/sucker punches) but combustion and fire whip are awesome. I refuse to give up fire whip; catching someone in the face with it is just too damn good. Also, warmth.

I really wish the mastodon greatsword's one handed r2 was that regular poke; would be my default weapon without a doubt. As it is, it's black dragon gs despite it looking like a ripped of spider's leg.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game has also failed to absorb me like Dark Souls 1 idd. I simply do not like the content, the style and am having issues with the controls. Which is strange, as DSII is seen as the better port compared to the first which is said to be unplayable with kb+m but for me it's almost the exact opposite. If I double click it doesn't register a click, and if I click it doesn't register a double click. And mouse controls are most important of all.

Kanedias

Savant
The overlevelling issue is sapping my will to create new builds.

if they don't fix it, I may even lose interest in the game as a whole, at least for a time. Killing the overlevellers with a 150 build is fun and all, but sometimes it is just annoying. I have a rank 3 pyromancer build that uses a Flame Weapon-buffed Drakekeeper Sword, and it's a very fun build to use. The issue is that some of the overlevellers are simply unkillable if I use this build, because they take too low damage thanks to their inflated defenses and how Flame Weapon was nerfed. Even Forbidden Sun does extremely low damage to them. It is just annoying.

I'm beating a dead horse by this point, but how easy of a fix this is and how they do nothing upsets me.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Russian gaming community, from video gaming to tabletop, is full of grown up men with little dicks who can't prove themselves other way but to beat people up everywhere they can and be first, be the best, no matter the cost; if there would be a free2play MyLittlePony MMO, we probably would have a pro PK guild there full of cheating scumbags/script users.

But then you're all fucking ninja turtle helix fags and don't want to do cool medieval LARP with estoc and buckler do you :troll:
And since SL is screwed anyway, I kinda understand ppl who just cheat to max level instead of wasting their time to farm. Godmode/lagstab if it is a cheat is unforgivable though.

Murk

Arcane
Oh I don't care about max level; the cats I run into have infinite health or super movement and attack speed.

AND HEY LATELY I AM LARPING ROYAL SOLDIER GUY WITH HEAVY XBOW AND ROYAL GREATSWORD ONLY BRO

Also, butterfly archer... people don't know how to dodge greatbows so it's kinda neat :D

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Action-Games-vs.-Dark-Souls.jpg

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Repost? Yeah, should have seen that coming what with a 234 page thread.

Murk

Arcane
well, it was a repost in the first DS thread, but yeah that too.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually Dark Souls would nanny you. Do you remember all these hints, and weapons close to the boss that's vulnerable to that weapon?

Murk

Arcane
the rolling uppercut is great to catch people with; then throw down into that powerstanced l1 combo with. I love the vanq seal, but can't help but fear that it gets outclassed at higher levels by caestus with their ridiculous A/A scaling.

EDIT: fought against a guy who would play with his back to you (using mirrah greatsword) and then backstep, turn around, and pull off a running attack when you got close. Was a bit jarring at first cuz I thought it was a glitch of some kind (I was losing frames like crazy, my guess because of all the prism stones). After I caught on it was easy enough cuz he only really used that one approach and the usual rolling attack.

As much as I love marathoning greys and reds int he belfries, FROM really needs to fix that fucking timer. 2nd grey spawns in 30 seconds sometimes.

also, lol, red invades in heide's tower of flame and I bank him with 2 great bow shots then he runs away and black crystals out

desperate to not lose your points? hah

Last edited:
I like to camp invaders in Belfry Sol just to turn the tables around a bit (numbness and helixes for extra asshole) and I've had plenty invaders alt+f4 after a few invasions in a row. A lot of greys just two-hand havel's shield and wait for reinforcements.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom