Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Murk

Arcane
my own experience; I systematically clear out the dwarves and wait near the spawn spot (which seems to depend on where you are when they spawn in). Get to the spot, profound still them right as they spawn in, and they panic cuz they can't buff and you got it all going. Got a lot of revenge that way, but slowly learned that I have hit the limit of 'getting better' by fighting off greys. For a while, was good practice, but now 80% of the time its I win or I get ganked by 2 or more. Sometimes, I win against 3 and I think "wtf, how bad are these guys?".

In belfry luna, had one red named gooooo or something spawn in 3 times in a row. He had the usual try hard stuff (havels legs and arms, jesters robe, gyrm great helm) and a grand lance he'd cast dark weapon on (that lance is basically a fucking AOE). attacked me while I was waving, killed him. Then a grey comes in, kill him, and the lance red invades again and I kill him again. He (same red) invades later (I went to bonfire and quit out/restarted game) and I kill him again. Then he invades a few greys later and plays nice and helps me against greys.

RED IS A LEARNING ANIMAL APPARENTLY.

Also, MAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK*

kM5zN0f.jpg

*might look better with visible armor of auros but fuck farming that

Last edited:
I just had the worst invader ever. Dude just appeared behind me fully buffed and started raping me. There was no invader alert or anything. The feather went dim for about 5 min though... Lag FTW.

Murk

Arcane
Soooo apparently the 1 million souls you need to open the shrine of winter can't be from boss souls. Cuz that was my plan to do the no death/no bonfire run. And I just popped them all, getting 1.37 mil souls from it. And the damn gate won't open. What the fuck?

EDIT: NVM... since I"m on journey 4, I need 4 million. Fuck, did not account for this. Gonna burn through every soul I have but I doubt it's enough. Gatdamnit.

EDIT 2: burned all the boss souls, got to 3mil. Fuck fuck fuck. Guess I have to actually kill some bosses now. God damnit. how the furk did I overlook that?

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
no sir, honor and etc. i will not besmirch my good monocle name by succumbing to such frivolous behaviors and what have you

well, I'll do the kill everything part but not the save scumming cuz jesus n stuff

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Finished!

My character was level 166, Vgr 30, End 40, Vit 40, Str 50, 21 DEX, 16 INT, 16 FTH....and a bunch of other stats I can't remember.

Used a fully upgraded Havel armor set and alternated between fully upgraded Black Knight GreatSword and Mastadon Halberd (mostly mastadon for bosses as combined with an element it does insane damage).

I didn't do all the memories or kill the king as I got bored. I also rushed through the last couple areas, so I probably could have leveled even higher if I wanted.

All in all not as good as DS1. DS1 had better bosses, level design, and even though DS2's engine is a vast impovement, the hitboxes often seemed noticeably fucked up in DS2 in a way that was really annoying (The giant Rat and Memory Giant boss fight s were really annoying, you'd swing and pass through enemies with no damage, and they would swing and hit you even though their sword/hands/feet didn't actually touch your character).

Still. DS1 might be my favorite ARPG ever (still thinking about that), so a slightly lesser second helping is welcome enough.

I plan on starting Skyrim for the first time later this week (yeah, I've never played it before). Will it be as good as Dark Souls? Only time can tell!

Murk

Arcane
So, I did it. Fucking died 3 times. 1 of them to Looking Glass Knight because I was dumb and tried to swap weapons mid fight. Twice... for absolutely fucking stupid reasons. 1) goddamn lions hit like a dump truck. 2) fucking ledge. I knew it would be a fucking ledge. Fuck. Those. Ledges.

Guess I"ll do it again with bonfires now, should be a bit easier... bleh.

UndetectedButthurt fuggit, I'll scum it up. what's the word on it? Just back up a set file?

Last edited:
Just back up your saves after important fights or something. I prefer to quit before backing up. If you paste the file while the game is writing it'll complain that it can't access and boot you to main menu. Save path is something like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsII

Fashion souls!
283DRia.jpg

Murk

Arcane
Is bastard sword upgrade worth investing titanite/souls early in the game for a STR guy?

Not really, you can find a claymore pretty early on... I'd say to not take it past +4 personally. The claymore has to be purchased, btw, from an unlikely merchant. Let me know if you want specific details.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is bastard sword upgrade worth investing titanite/souls early in the game for a STR guy?

Not really, you can find a claymore pretty early on... I'd say to not take it past +4 personally. The claymore has to be purchased, btw, from an unlikely merchant. Let me know if you want specific details.
yup, bro, I know how to get claymore, I just compared the stats and claymore has like +5 more base dmg - that's the the only difference I've noticed. Or the thing is Claymore has rising scaling with upgrade?

oh yeah and how's the Pursuer sword?

praetor

Arcane
yup, bro, I know how to get claymore, I just compared the stats and claymore has like +5 more base dmg - that's the the only difference I've noticed. Or the thing is Claymore has rising scaling with upgrade?

PUGS is kinda crap, like most UGS. stick to greatswords (claymore, mastodon, defender, dragon are the bestest)

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

PUGS is kinda crap, like most UGS. stick to greatswords (claymore, mastodon, defender, dragon are the bestest)
:excellent:

Bastard Sword moveset (Old Knight, Bluemoon, Mastodon, Black Dragon) weapons have it. 2H Running R1-R1-R2-R2 guaranteed every time even if opponent has max poise/agility. All other greatswords can probably (not always) do 3 hits.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Bastard Sword moveset (Old Knight, Bluemoon, Mastodon, Black Dragon) weapons have it. 2H Running R1-R1-R2-R2 guaranteed every time even if opponent has max poise/agility. All other greatswords can probably (not always) do 3 hits.

Thanks. I wasn't sure but I did know there's variations for greatsword movesets.

Not like I care in the grand scheme of things. Waiting for SM to either be fixed or to watch the game die. I refuse to PvP with this patch.

Greatsword UGS is probably the only worthwhile one but only because of Damage/Reach. Zweihander/Drakekeeper have the best moveset but shit damage.

made

Arcane
Guys I'm in Drangleic castle and all of a sudden the remaining undiscovered locations have appeared in the travel menu but marked with ??? and still inaccessible. What causes this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom