Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Frigid Outskirts... so much "fun"

:hmmm:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So I'm using Crypt Blacksword with Poise Ring and Havels armor with Minotaur head right now, why do people think Gyrm armor gives better poise when the numbers say otherwise? It is amusing to just rape rapier people and forcing them to trade with me.

You can actually hit people with that thing?

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
So I'm using Crypt Blacksword with Poise Ring and Havels armor with Minotaur head right now, why do people think Gyrm armor gives better poise when the numbers say otherwise? It is amusing to just rape rapier people and forcing them to trade with me.

You can actually hit people with that thing?

Oh yeah, but it's not even worth it when you're playing someone who knows what they're doing and just rolls. It becomes a game of both parties not swinging on each other and just trying to bait an attack.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Managed to complete Frigid Shit with a dude. The worst location From ever made. It's just fucking cheap.

Yeah like mikayel said - Havel's Chest/Arms/Legs + Minotaur Helm gives the most poise. Gyrm Greathelm has the best defense stats.

Stacking poise above 163 for PvP is pointless since anything 2h above 20 poise damage will stagger you. If you put on iron flesh, you can withstand 2H 25.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So guys, just tell me, is one of the coffins in the Expulsion Chamber supposed to be 'active'?

I already beat the Ivory King but cannot into the Fume Knight fight. I'm learning the strike patterns and I'm trying to learn how to roll properly in this fight but the closest I got was him being sth like 20% health.

And I despise (in a true DS way) the location with the Hexer invasion and the bunnies of doom.

Murk

Arcane
So guys, just tell me, is one of the coffins in the Expulsion Chamber supposed to be 'active'?

I'm assuming you mean the area with the bonfire. You can 'enter' the one facing the opening -- you can 'hop' into it (stand in front, press A when context action pops up). I am not sure if there's any pre-requisite to activating it, I believe it's just always available. You sit in it, it takes you to the challenge area. After you get to the frigid wastes the only way back is by teleportation (bone, feather, cursed sign) or death (which will happen if it's your first time there).

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

I already beat the Ivory King but cannot into the Fume Knight fight. I'm learning the strike patterns and I'm trying to learn how to roll properly in this fight but the closest I got was him being sth like 20% health.

And I despise (in a true DS way) the location with the Hexer invasion and the bunnies of doom.

For Fume Knight, in the first phase it's generally better to roll/strafe to his left - he can swing his GS from right to left, but it's relatively rare, and if he starts a combo with his straight sword, the GS swing will always be left to right if I remember correctly. In phase 2 you just need to figure out the timing for his first swing, which is very fast, the big right-to-left sweep, and the aoe. It's important not to get greedy and try to attack or heal after he swings twice, since he will often follow up with a thrust or backwards-swing if you're in range.

If you want to be safe, I found that just rolling backwards and baiting out running thrusts is a good option - they're easy to dodge and he takes very long to recover from them. Rolling backwards will always guarantee safety, his range is much lower than it seems.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If you want to be safe, I found that just rolling backwards and baiting out running thrusts is a good option - they're easy to dodge and he takes very long to recover from them. Rolling backwards will always guarantee safety, his range is much lower than it seems.

984495aa4674de89cd4b3a8168bbffc1-gif-of-the-day-dark-souls-mma.gif

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
WTF that assasinguy in the DLC... eh, atleast got Artorias' sword (that name tho) from that trek.

Also, finally got the final dragon form and the sword. The sword seems to be decent? It has better stats than my claymore +10.. Is the dragon form/armor worth it? Or is it just another useless vanity item?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Some guy just used my White Soapsign to summon me. And dropped a full set of charred loyce armor. WTF?

Murk

Arcane
WTF that assasinguy in the DLC... eh, atleast got Artorias' sword (that name tho) from that trek.

Also, finally got the final dragon form and the sword. The sword seems to be decent? It has better stats than my claymore +10.. Is the dragon form/armor worth it? Or is it just another useless vanity item?

The sword is probably the best standard GS, make sure to left hand it for bonus moveset + extra scaling.

The black dragon GS used to be very good, and for meta characters it still is p good compared to other GSs (make sure to infuse it, at the least make it raw as it does not scale at all). It went down in usefulness when the 4hit stunlock combo was removed, but if you're into GS's then it's one of the few that has the great 1hr2 poke and the non drangleic 2h moveset.

The armor is probably the best weight-to-stats ratio but has no poise. Has p good fire resist tho! Otherwise, mostly for looks. It's outclassed in terms of defense by other setups that can upgrade.

Only downside on the armor is you can't take it off until you die.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I had waited for all the dlcs and now I'm playing them.

So did the MGS got somewhat de-nerfed along the line ? I hadn't used it for a while but now the reach seems like old times. Also it takes a bit less stamina ?? I'm not sure. Nerfing de-nerfing rebalancing and shit... CSS is still the only really good spell. Everything is shit.

BTW the possessed sword seems pretty good, especially with a fire infusion. Good reach, good looks.

Also the Sanctum Knight Leggings are great. V.good stats, they reduce falling AND make your footsteps silent which means you can easily run behind enemies and backstab them. My favorite leggings right now. I've put them on my sorceress and the hazy effect looks cool underneath the witch's dress. Pussy on fire!

Dat goddamned magic smelter demon... I had to spam forbidden suns and flame swathes to get him.

Sir fucking Alone. What a majestic fight. He fucked up my sorceress pretty good. That guy is for melee only and it takes time to learn his moves, which are hard to avoid. Crazy resistances to magic and elements. My trusty Raw Black Dragon sword eventually did the trick.

praetor

Arcane
magic smelter 101: put on magic protection gear (armour, dispelling +1, magic def ring +3), cast GMB (or blue burr). laugh. he dies from your tears of laughter

Murk

Arcane
First time playing that dlc: I white phantom first to learn the layout of the challenge route a bit, get summoned 5 times and all 5 times the host dies on the way. I solo run in with black witch gear + gmb + the 2 rings and win on first round using a craftsman's hammer (high counter + strike damage bonus)

I wish the 5 chumps earlier could have been spectating to see how a real man waifu does it.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Bros, do I have to kill Vendrick to obtain the fourth crown?

And if I do, will he talk to me in his memory? I remember something being said that if you kill him, you can't trigger the memory.

praetor

Arcane
Bros, do I have to kill Vendrick to obtain the fourth crown?

And if I do, will he talk to me in his memory? I remember something being said that if you kill him, you can't trigger the memory.

you most certainly can kill him, and yes you need to to get his crown. be prepared for a really shitty boss fight

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
*sigh* respawning magical frozen ponies... who the fuck thought that area was a good idea ? It mars an otherwise awesome DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom