Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DramaticPopcorn

SLXaBOk.jpg

EARNED IT
The fight was pretty shit thou, the fact that they can cancel out any animation, including their own weapon wind up, recovery and stun made it a giant mess of endless rolling and parry attempts (I did manage to parry two of them at the same time, felt pretty mlg)

If you time your guard breaks well, hav0l becomes useless except for jump attacks. Guard breaks seem to stagger them and allow you to stunlock until stamina is gone.

DramaticPopcorn

Fume Knight.
Good fight. Haven't rolled this much in DS2 since ... ever. Also, good thing I never use shields in this game, out of 5 dudes I summoned for this fight, 4 were using greatshields trying to block him. :|

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fume Knight.
Good fight. Haven't rolled this much in DS2 since ... ever. Also, good thing I never use shields in this game, out of 5 dudes I summoned for this fight, 4 were using greatshields trying to block him. :|
Actually Havel's doing great against him, saved up my ass in dozens of sunbro Fume runs.

Murk

Arcane
^ would brofist if could

Creighton's set must be worn as leggings + gloves + mask but no chest piece

the chainmail gimp lives on

DramaticPopcorn

me0PEFe.jpg

This is how I feel about Frigid Outskirts and that boss battle.

Jesus christ, seriously. That area ain't too bad actually. I don't mind the extra hostility and the fact that you have to be constantly on your toes to get through it and try not to lose your bearings.

But that boss fight. The boss fight, man. Holy shit is it fucking cheap. Also, I swear that second guy, first few tries he kept spamming his grab attack on me which, as all DS2 grab attacks miraculously pulls you in the hitbox even if you seemingly dodge it.

LivingOne

Savant
Dunno if I'm the only one who noticed only now but Alonne's theme has actual lyrics. Here's a (rough) translation:

(Any revisions to lyrics will be in the description - there are a lot!) So, what is that heroic chanting throughout Sir Alonne's theme really talking about? Well, it's mostly broken up into phrases that vaguely form a coherent story about Sir Alonne and his relationship to the lands of the Iron King; or, perhaps his relationship to his sword - which is described to be a sentient being in its Japanese text. The song ends in a fairly consistent summary of the Dark Souls II "plot".

This not an official translation, nor is it to be taken as such.

Though I have three years of Latin under my belt, I am by no means an expert translator. These phrases are ROUGHLY TRANSLATED by ear by myself, with the aid of Google translate for some clarification. I am a normal human being having fun. If you are an experienced Latin translator and would like to produce a professional translation, that would be awesome! Enjoy!

San it ere das (You give [it] the blood of humans)
epe, (chains)
epe luram per (the rights of the chains)
ubi nobis (where we are)

Ad Ferrum Rex (The Iron King)
Tibis regnum! (Your kingdom!)

deus se e legia e bit (God himself, out of her free will)
va, sed vulcane (ah, but the vulcan [volcanic fire, general])
ubi nobis (where we are)

tibe ausi, des une dome no abi (thyself, they will not let you leave home)
Abi, sed vac si...? (Go, but woe if...?)
(???)

Rege vox ie (The King was the voice)
per tu ave (you were hailed by)
ut tibu vi sanctis (to force holy ties)

sancti si per san di (If the blood of the gods)
En vui. (it sees bleeding)
Altar re vult... (and takes anything it wants...)

it en vult (see it, it wants)
vult secre tua (your secret wishes)
en begine (the queen)

ita vita vult (so to does life wish)
ignis en vult (See, he covets fire!)
vi socis versa (partners turned to violence)

go Alonne (I am Alonne; may also translate to "I am saved".)
...et vac si... (But, woe if...)

rex ute (the king)
ab et ubi serene et (discerned from the calm)
ausi renture obscae, etsi (presumed they were of the dark, though)

ipse abit (he departs)
abit (depart)

toroid

Arcane
Still haven't finished my first playthrough lol. Played a little bit more of Shrine of Amana (after the third bonfire), and quit again. At no point was DS1 ever this tedious and unrewarding.. and outright boring.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I found shrine of Amana visually appealing and delightfully treacherous. You can always cheese with arrows and use the light spell (if you can) which doesn't alert the creatures. Also basically after the 3rd bonfire you're very close to the boss and the end of the area.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom