Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

toroid

Arcane
treacherous
Well yeah, it's expected since this is Dark Souls and all. As soon as I walked into that area I knew that hidden water hazards would be a thing, and that I would need to watch every step until I knew the layout. I think I only had one water related death that was unintentional (screwed up during a fight), and at least two water related deaths that were intentional (testing the existence of hidden pathways).

Gotta have 'em. I've currently put most points into STR (42) VIT (32) ADP (28), and almost nothing into VGR (10), so I can't tank for shit (it's intentional; I want high offense). I need arrows to thin their numbers from a distance so I can get in close with the Mastodon Halberd without getting knocked around. I pretty much only need to worry about getting stunlocked by the Archdrake Mace wielding guys. Currently mid-rolling - maybe I'd get hit less fast rolling, but I feel like I need the defense and poise right now. It's not difficult at all, and I don't die often, it's just tedious. I'm just not really having fun anymore.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just restarted Dark Souls with a magic based char and while it feels a bit like cheating in the begining (sort of the Royal from Demon Souls, especially after going to get extra spells at New Londo) the game feels quite different and might prove an interesting challenge especial for the bosses from the DLC

This complete Dark Souls II experience will include all 3 Dark Souls II DLC contents (Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, Crown of the Ivory King), new NPCs to offer an even deeper storyline, improved graphics, and additional gameplay features and enhancements!

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will be launching on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC!

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will be launching in the Americas on April 7, 2015 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC/Steam (DirectX 9/DirectX11)!

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will include the three previously released DLC packs - Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the ivory King - along with additional features.

All versions of the game will include the following features (Existing Dark Souls II owners will receive a patch to implement these elements):

• Additional NPCs added for an enhanced story experience.
  • Parameter adjustments for improved game balance.
  • Augmented item descriptions.
  • Improved online matchmaking functionality.
Xbox One, PS4, and DirectX 11 versions of the game will include the following features (in addition to those listed above):

• Additional upgrades to graphics, sound, performance.
  • Increase in maximum online players in single session (6 total).
fuck you bamco fuck you from software. i might as well sell my ps3 :x

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wait, what? oO

I hope they offer that for free for people who own DS2 and all the DLC already?

haha why am I even asking

EDIT: I cannot into reading

Murk

Arcane
6 people at once eh? Jesus, why so late? The game's lost all steam at this point

praetor

Arcane
hahahaha... called it months ago! as soon as they revealed the graphics downgrade this is exactly what i predicted. fuck you from/bamco

edit: HAHAHAHAHAHA, this is even more hilarious than i thought. so the PC version with upgraded graphics.... is a SEPARATE GAME! that's right, if you want only the world additions/patch it's a free upgrade, but if you want the improved graphics you'll have to buy it again! aaaand... the 2 versions are on separate servers! yay for more userbase fragmentation!

edit2: and the "improved online matchmaking" will only be included in the next gen versions (so ps4/xbone/dx11 pc) as will "Enemy and game design adjustments", whatever that means

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
My body is ready...
Slow down preator, sounds to me the PC will get a patch for the Direct X 11 enchancements alongside the new content, almost like Enchanced Editions from The Witcher
I am coming out right now; I am a Souls fanboi and will buy this all over again in metal case Collector Edition. The IGN article details this

Is "Kadokawa" moonspeak for "cashgrab"? Because that's exactly what this re-release smells like.

Also it's utterly lulzy that they are selling a Souls upgrade (seemingly) without any new gameplay content...y'know, the reason people play these games. Then again, VaatiVidya did clear an upper middle class salary from Patreon making lore videos, so maybe people with FAGBONES and GAYSTATION FOURS will shell out money for an "improved storyline experience". I know I wouldn't, even though I'm a massive DkS2PIG and would probably gobble down another DLC or two.

And why the hell would anyone want 6 players in multiplayer? With peer-to-peer connections as they are, the game is wild enough for non-hosts on 1v1s or even 2v2s. 3v3s would probably be an utter mess.

Whatever, guess I should probably finish the Codex review before this drops which...shouldn't be that hard.

praetor

Arcane
My body is ready...
Slow down preator, sounds to me the PC will get a patch for the Direct X 11 enchancements alongside the new content, almost like Enchanced Editions from The Witcher
I am coming out right now; I am a Souls fanboi and will buy this all over again in metal case Collector Edition. The IGN article details this

nope. the graphics and multiplayer enhancements are a separate game. it's confirmed on the japanese site

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Saw this translated on NeoGAF

Okay we have an official super clear comparison between all the versions of this re-release, including a comparison with what will be in the 1.10 Patch for last-gen owners.

http://darksouls.jp/pc/scholar_of_th...pecmatrix.html

The chart is in Japanese, so I'll translate the column on the left indicating the features. The rest should be self-explanatory.

New Features:
- New characters and events (Included in all versions of SoFS, will be added in the 1.10 Patch for existing users)
- Story and world additions (Included in all versions of SoFS, will be added in the 1.10 Patch for existing users)
- Graphics and performance upgrades (Only included in next-gen versions of SoFS)
- Improved online multiplayer (Only included in next-gen versions of SoFS)
- Enemy and game design adjustments (Only included in next-gen versions of SoFS)
- Various balancing tweaks (Included in all versions of SoFS, will be added in the 1.10 Patch for existing users)

Included DLC:
- DLC1 (Included in all versions of SoFS, not included in the 1.10 Patch)
- DLC2 (Included in all versions of SoFS, not included in the 1.10 Patch)
- DLC3 (Included in all versions of SoFS, not included in the 1.10 Patch)

- Supports existing save data (Supported for all last-gen versions of SoFS and the 1.10 Patch, not supported for next-gen versions of SoFS)

- Game Server Region (PS3 = A, 360 = B, PC(DX9) = C, PS4 = D, XBO = E, PC(DX11) = F)

Distribution:
- Retail
- Digital
10626241_768126106593769_1187278423667693985_o.jpg

1795165_768126089927104_568603577032803207_o.jpg

1502180_768126103260436_3806562328285846253_o.jpg

Bahamut

Arcane
My body is ready...

nope. the graphics and multiplayer enhancements are a separate game. it's confirmed on the japanese site

Bught the game on PC release, got the seasonal pass too,

Im a terrible sucker :negative:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I might pay 20-25 euro or something like that for all 3 dlcs and improved graphics. That's about what an expansion pack is worth.

Heresiarch

Prophet
I might pay 20-25 euro or something like that for all 3 dlcs and improved graphics. That's about what an expansion pack is worth.

5500 JPY is something like 40 EUR. And that's excluding tax. In short, looks like the final price will be 49 EUR as a full new AAA title.

In the end I may buy it, but probably not too soon since next year we have Twitcher 3, Arkham Knight, and Bloodborne (shit I may actually buy a PS4 just for that).

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Still sounds to me like the new Direct X and content patch will be available to all, and the "new" product is just a GOTY with all the DLC
If you feel it is double dipping to each his own and to be honest in this case I would suggest torrenting this for playing offline

From/Bamco are learning the ways of western game publishing it seems...

The whole DX11 thing doesn't mean anything either... At best it'll just add a few gimmicky effects. I doubt they'll actually spend time implementing different lighting or even improving textures.

:decline:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Meh, seems like it and to be honest with Durante's fix all their "fixes" will be rebundant on PC...still as they have clarified they will release the DX patch and new content (but of course NOT the DLC) to existing users its all good to me babay.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
See, stuff like that makes me not want to get nice box editions on release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom