Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

toroid

Arcane
I wonder if they're fixing the 60fps durability glitch.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
DkSII is mediocre compared to DkS and DeS anyway. Bloodborne is all I need.

One wonders what the Miyazaki cult will do if Bloodborne has hit detection problems as well. Will probably ignore it, just like they continue to do for DeS.

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Considering how they promised graphics they didn't deliver and even promised a PC-first game development and in the end had a delayed release for a game that was identical in every way but framerate this is a complete dick move.

dr. one

Augur
Of the "next-gen" exclusive features, only enemy and game design changes somewhat intrigue me, but my guess is the impact of these will be minimal and/or included mostly to account for increased amount of possible players, at least going by the promos released so far.
Can´t say for example this seems like an improvement to me anyway:
oMqY8HE.jpg

The new creature and dragon(s) at Heide´s seem like they´re part of NPC/events content, rather than the above. So I think I´ll pass.

That said, I´ll gladly take the free additions thankyouverymuch (apparently released as a patch on February 5th) since there´s a chance these will provide the type of content I felt the game has been lacking in even with the DLC trilogy in place.

Last edited:

Kanedias

Savant
I'm excited for the extra content, but I'm worried about this separate game stuff. Can the community really take being split even more? All this sounds like a big mistake.

As for my opinion on the massive number of spiders two posts above: It's either just promotional stuff without meaning, or they really will multiply the enemies. The changes to enemies will come only in the PS4, Xbone and DX11 versions, which also have this new 6 player session crap, so I'm wondering if From doesn't intend to rebalance the world around the fact that you can summon 3 phantoms. Maybe they will make it trigger when the phantoms appear in your world, the same way Black Gulch spawns an extra giant for every phantom you have. Who knows. I'm not too excited about these 6-player sessions either.

Gentle Player

Arcane
If one good thing comes out of this it will be major additions to Aldia's Keep so that it will become the "deadly place full of puzzles and traps" that was promised in early promos.

They will do this, right? :negative:

I remember how Namco said before DS2 release how there won't be any DLC and that they want all players to have a full game from the get go, and we thought wow them niggaz be such cool bros..

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I remember how Namco said before DS2 release how there won't be any DLC and that they want all players to have a full game from the get go, and we thought wow them niggaz be such cool bros..
DLC's were pretty separate from main story though.

Pc players shouldd get the base game improvements for free though, I can't argue with that.

Kanedias

Savant
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/11...ifferences-with-old-gen-detailed-by-director/

"This time we’re reviwing the placement according to the high specs. For example we can do things as increasing the number and types of enemies or relax their movement restrictions. But we’re not just randomly increasing the numbers, we’re also changing their methods of attack. In addition to that, we’re rearranging the item allocation and part of the loot."

"This is close to what you’d call a “Director’s Cut” version."

Finally, he also commented about the multiplayer, even if he remained a but on the cryptic side: "We plan to provide more diverse situations that due to hardware restrictions we couldn’t achieve before. We’ll provide more information in the future."

Seems that they are aiming to change more things than I thought they would change. Hopefully they can take this time to really improve the game instead of just changing a couple of meaningless things around. If they do that, then I'm in. It may just be my inner shill but I always wished for something like this to happen to Dark Souls 1 so From could work on the more unfinished things like the Bed of Chaos, so I remain cautiously optimistic for this.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah, if this were a couple of years after the fact, I might agree with you. But this is just over a year later, it instead comes off as From essentially telling their audiences "Thanks for the beta testing, faggots. Now go pay more money for the actual game".

Kanedias

Savant
Yeah, if this were a couple of years after the fact, I might agree with you. But this is just over a year later, it instead comes off as From essentially telling their audiences "Thanks for the beta testing, faggots. Now go pay more money for the actual game".

True.

--

On another note, someone on Reddit offers a translation of the recent Famitsu interview with Tanimura: http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/2nqqjm/famitsu_interview_tanimura_refers_to_ability_to/

The most important part is that he talks about a way to adjust your Soul Memory and that they will merge NG and NG+ player pools

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I see this as a director cut too, although looking forward to the game, I have to say I feel a cheated that the rushed part of the original game (Lost Izlith, Bed of Chaos, First Flame) never got a rebalance or patch to make them more interesting and balanced. Kind of unfair that the lesser game gets so much next gen love...granted that a patch for the original game wouldnt be much warranted but still with the steam migración it would have been nice.
While PC users have a good versión when modded, it would be simply hevan to have a Remastered Demons & Dark Souls version...alas that wont happen

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I'd at the very least like to see an 'upgrade' option on Steam for people who've already bought the game to buy it at a reduced price, which would be reduced even further if they also happen to own all of the DLC.

aris

Arcane
Just played the second and third DLC from the season pass. I'm not sure what I think about the second, but the third one was fucking great! And so was the first one. And holy shit is the third DLC huge! I'm pretty sure than in terms of content and areas, this one alone is about as big as the DS1 DLC. There are also some really pretty areas in there. And all the three together provide MUCH more content than the 15 euro dlc for dark souls did. For 20 euros, that's actually pretty good value!

By the way, I think I read that there was more DLC plans for DS2? Is this correct?

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Luckily, i still don't own Dark Souls 2. When would be a good time to buy it? My instincts tell me to wait for the super mega steam sale pack but that may take a long time. Not that i'm in a rush or anything.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Luckily, i still don't own Dark Souls 2. When would be a good time to buy it? My instincts tell me to wait for the super mega steam sale pack but that may take a long time. Not that i'm in a rush or anything.
wait until April, when Scholar of the First Sin edition is released

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you're actually going to play it when you buy it, april is probably better since it will be more active, and multiplayer is a larger part of ds2 than ds1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom