Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If decay and depression could be badass, it would be those bosses. :mad:

Don't get me wrong. Both King Allant and Gwyn are interesting characters. And both WERE badass.

Were is the key word is.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What the hell? The deprived used to be a very good all arround starting char which could get a couple of levelups to become any type of build, now he looks like truly a hardcore challenge since most of his stats are mediocre and barebones at least.
Looks like I will go for a knight or a wanderer for my starting char since the usual grinding around for new gear for the deprived could prove too tough for getting used to the first playthrough
Btw while getting ready for one of the most hardcore games I am having a blast playing Stick of Truth which could be "my baby's first RPG" but it is so fun I laugh out load all the time

Kanedias

Savant
Dark Bead?

7gYDfOQ.jpg

Kanedias

Savant
First boss. I didn't watch the video, because there's a limit to how much I want to spoil myself, but oh well, maybe one of you doesn't mind spoilers. Btw I love the graphics, looks so much better than the screenshots.

this boss looks easy as fuck and than he stomps your ass and OHK:lol:

and darth maul blade seems to be quality weapon
CDB8Uzn.jpg

In my experience its horrible for PVE. Its sucks your stamina dry, literally breaks after killing 5-10 enemies, can't parry, and does relatively low damage.
They are very anime/darth maul/over the top impractical. Its just straight all out offense. Tons of fast hits that seem to break your weapon in no time. Very acrobatic. Crazy fun. I love it, but unupgraded its completely impractical.
:fuuyeah:

DragoFireheart

So the more mundane weapons are better... wait what? It broke easily?

Kanedias

Savant
Apparently durability is a much bigger deal in Dark Souls 2, and stuff in general breaks more easily.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That is one of the changes which I didn't like in DS2; yeah it helps with dumbasses who never fix their stuff but low durability forces you to go to a bonfire for automatic fixing anyway so why even have the system anyway now?
As enticing as the live plays are now this is as far as I will go with the spoilers; I want to experience the game completly blind the first time and then watch some ENB or other players to try different stuff or a diffrent build but I want to savor the experience...it s like last week I got the movie Vertigo and before watching it I checked out Roger Ebert's review and on the first paragrahp there was the mayor plot spoiler...I mean I had avoided that from a 60 year old movie only to spoil myself 5 minutes before watching the damn thing

DragoFireheart

That is one of the changes which I didn't like in DS2; yeah it helps with dumbasses who never fix their stuff but low durability forces you to go to a bonfire for automatic fixing anyway so why even have the system anyway now?

Because some weapons will break even from normal use, forcing you to have a backup weapon.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
So far the AI looks pretty bad in Dark Souls 2, which makes it too easy for the player. The streamer is pretty bad, but because the AI gets stuck in an attack loop, or the AI won't cross a certain boundary, he was able to abuse his way past dogs, mummy knights, and the lazy knights.

DragoFireheart

So far the AI looks pretty bad in Dark Souls 2, the streamer is pretty bad, but because the AI gets stuck in an attack loop, or the AI won't cross a certain boundry, he was able to abuse his way past dogs and mummy knights.

The AI was always bad in Souls games for derplings.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
So far the AI looks pretty bad in Dark Souls 2, the streamer is pretty bad, but because the AI gets stuck in an attack loop, or the AI won't cross a certain boundry, he was able to abuse his way past dogs and mummy knights.

The AI was always bad in Souls games for derplings.

Idk dude, are you watching the stream? It looks pretty fucking bad in some spots. I've never seen an enemy stop chasing me after 5 seconds of me running backwards in Dark Souls. Also, it looked like the NPC summons don't go away, I could be wrong though, but I didn't see the hour glass by the lady in the man mask's name.

*New shit seen, don't feel like bumping post:

Mummy knight got blown up by his barrel trap, because streamer shot fire arrow at his barrel, yet after absorbing exploding barrel damage, and streamer being right in front of the mummy knight, the mummy knight stood still until he was attacked again.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom