Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Stream fighting The Pursuer boss

*edit

This co-commentator or whoever this fucking retard is, is unbearable. This guy is asking the most asinine questions in the middle of a boss fight, completely ruining the moment, but the most aggravating thing is he is constantly laughing at absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Streamer killed all of the NPCs in Majula, except the invincible cat. :lol:

He did reach the beta/haunted forest area before he signed off, and it seems some (kill-able) poison hazards were added to the environment. He didn't fight any of the bosses, and eventually left (to raze Majula) because the necromancers/skeletons in the cave proved too difficult for him.

Kanedias

Savant
The necromancers were buffed considerably from their beta versions. The Black Phantoms are missing, however.

And the imbecile crossed the retard event horizon and killed every NPC in Majula, including the Emerald Herald, so...yeah. A shame.

P.S.: Another stream about to start: http://www.hitbox.tv/KennethBR

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey JC is the combat the same as the other Soul games where the targeting system would help lead your blows or is it the same as with the beta where you have to be facing where your blows hit?
Also too bad about the framerate I really was looking foward to a smoother ride than DS but guess it will have to do till the PC release
It works as in the previous games. If you have a lock on a target, your blows are automatically aimed at the targeted enemy.
J_C can you confirm whether the vitality now gives more max equipment load per point spent, with respect to how it was in dark souls with endurance?
Can't confirm this yet as I haven't had time time to play much yesterday. Will get back to this when I get home today and play some.

Kanedias

Savant
The streamer, who is a good player, joined the covenant of the fittest at the start of the game, and the game kicked his ass.

praetor

Arcane
so, i've read there's 4-5 literally recycled bosses (as in "they're pretty much the same as in DaS1", not "asylum demon is vanguard 2.0"). and apparently after you kill the emerald bitch you can't level up anymore, so yeah, no more levelling at bonfires... i'm starting to regret buying the CE now... come back, Miyazaki-san! :(

Kanedias

Savant
so, i've read there's 4-5 literally recycled bosses (as in "they're pretty much the same as in DaS1", not "asylum demon is vanguard 2.0"). and apparently after you kill the emerald bitch you can't level up anymore, so yeah, no more levelling at bonfires... i'm starting to regret buying the CE now... come back, Miyazaki-san! :(

There are two recycled bosses, though they have slight changes. The rest is misinformation that people spread by looking at the boss soul names.

If you want to know who the recycled bosses are
Ornstein, who has basically the same moveset with maybe 1 or 2 extra moves) and the Gargoyles, which seem rather different from the DkS counterpart but we don't have stream/videos of the fight yet. They're midgame-lategame bosses. I was actually glad to see them because I always thought the Dark Souls 1 gargoyles were wasted potential because of their extremely low stats.

I don't mind those 2 bosses coming back because I'm sure there will be a lore reason, and there are 34 bosses in total (more than DkS + DLC combined).

Kanedias

Savant
Watching this other stream, it turns out the game actually has an excellent atmosphere, on par with the rest of the series. It was impossible to notice on the other stream because of the guys singing memes over the mic and the incompetence of the streamer.

In this stream the guy waits for dialogues and plays much, much better, and explores more as well. Turns out the Forest of Fallen Giants is actually really big.

P.S.: http://www.hitbox.tv/KennethBR this is it.

Last edited:
and apparently after you kill the emerald bitch you can't level up anymore, so yeah, no more levelling at bonfires

c&c :troll:

this guy is much better.

but i appreciated how that previous retard was around sls 50 and died about 30 times to
MOTHERFUCKING ORNSTEIN
, than got ohk, impaled and cursed by
PURSUER
and than got stuck on
Royal Sentinels
. Those bicthes might be new Ornstein&Smough:thumbsup:

that dark cave with monsters running away and turning their faces away from light from yout torch is fucking great:bounce:

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Kenneth streamer just joined the Rat King covenant. Rat King sells all sorts of items that destroy player weapons/armor/equipment and items that apply debuffs/toxic/poison

Kanedias

Savant
Rat Vanguard was an amazing boss for some reason. It looked really creative and fun. Rat covenant is basically Forest Hunters.

Now we're heading into the depths of Blighttown x Tomb of the Giants, apparently a huge fuck you by From

that hairless rat/varan
:rage:
those exploding hollows
:rage: new blightown looks so far rather constant in fps department:lol: also dat running attack on his falchion:bounce:

i hope we can do invasions in that area:D poisonous dildo shaped sculptures everywhere/lovecraftian monsters/darkness:thumbsup:

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
This was posted 10 minutes ago on the Dark Souls and Namco Bandai Facebook pages:
DARK SOULS II for PC and Steam is coming on 25th April 2014!
PC & STEAM version will benefit from PC capabilities with increased texture resolution and an enhanced frame rate option. On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo.

As for console, and while supplies last, fans pre-ordering the game will receive the Black Armour Edition – containing an Exclusive Metal Case, the Original Game Soundtrack and an early access to the Black Armour Weapon Set – or if pre-ordered on STEAM® fans will get bonuses - digital soundtrack and the early access to the Black Armour Weapon Set, the Official Dark Souls™ II Artbook in PDF format and The complete Dark Souls™ II Digital Comic Book (written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art provided by Simon Coleby) as digital extras for a complete immersion in the universe of DARK SOULS™ II.

DARK SOULS II will be launching Across Americas on March 11th and across Europe and Australasia on March 14th on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game will then be available on PC and Steam on 25th April 2014.
Light a bonfire on www.DarkSoulsII.com/ to get more information about the game and pre-order offers.

aris

Arcane

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
kAbklJ0.jpg

"Look at my fucking balls"

https://www.facebook.com/darksouls

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. announced today that DARK SOULS™ II for PC and STEAM® is scheduled to launch in Europe April 25th. DARK SOULS™ II for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft will be available on March 14th, 2014.

Adventurers will be delighted to discover that the PC & STEAM® version will fully benefit from PC capabilities: increased texture resolution and an enhanced frame rate option. On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo.

As for console, and while supplies last, fans pre-ordering the game will receive the Black Armour Edition ¨C containing an Exclusive Metal Case, the Original Game Soundtrack and an early access to the Black Armour Weapon Set ¨C or if pre-ordered on STEAM® fans will get bonuses - digital soundtrack and the early access to the Black Armour Weapon Set, the Official Dark Souls™ II Artbook in PDF format and The complete Dark Souls™ II Digital Comic Book (written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art provided by Simon Coleby) as digital extras for a complete immersion in the universe of DARK SOULS™ II.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom