Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So far the AI looks pretty bad in Dark Souls 2, the streamer is pretty bad, but because the AI gets stuck in an attack loop, or the AI won't cross a certain boundry, he was able to abuse his way past dogs and mummy knights.

The AI was always bad in Souls games for derplings.

Idk dude, are you watching the stream? It looks pretty fucking bad in some spots.

No, I am not watching the stream.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That is one of the changes which I didn't like in DS2; yeah it helps with dumbasses who never fix their stuff but low durability forces you to go to a bonfire for automatic fixing anyway so why even have the system anyway now?
You have to repair the weapon, if you don't get to the bonfire in time, and the weapon breaks.

Kanedias

Savant
The mummies are the ones with awful AI, the rest of the enemies were the same or better than in DkS.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
The mummies are the ones with awful AI, the rest of the enemies were the same or better than in DkS.

I saw the same horrific AI with the lazy knights as well, particularly, when the streamer just sat past a certain invisible line, and arrowed the knight to death, because every time the Knight tried to retaliate to the arrows, he would just block and slow walk backwards while getting his face raped by arrows.

Kanedias

Savant
You could do the same in Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. In fact that was a common strategy for taking out Old King Doran.

EDIT: The mummy AI is bugged as hell.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
J_C Are you playing a review copy,right?

tell us more plz
Yes I do, although I only started it a few hours ago, and I haven't progressed much. Maybe I can give a few first impression:
- character generation is more detailed when it comes to face costumization. Default character modells are metrosexual guys, which look silly. Other parts of the chargen are similar to DS1. You choose class, body type, bonus item.
- First few minutes are the tutorial, movement and combat system are 1:1 copy of DS1. I haven't seen anything new.
- The dark, moody atmosphere is spot on.
- Framerate on PS3 if unfortunately barely keeps 30fps. It is not bad, certainly not as bad as Blighttown in DS1, but you feel that it is not fluid and it is just below 30.
- Camera control in tight spaces sometimes messes up
- As said before, weapons are repaired immediately at bonfires, except if they are broken.
- You can travel between bonfires, and you can burn stuff there, but I don't know what the latter means, since I don't have anything to burn yet.

Kanedias

Savant
What you burn is stuff to improve your Estus flask or make the area harder. You need the specific items.

P.S.: Apparently the difficulty starts going up starting with the
Sentinel bosses he just died to. Which look freaking amazing by the way, look at this

62ijJY8.png

Last edited:

aris

Arcane
Gonna take me a bit to remember that Vitality has nothing to do with your HP.

Interesting that the Bandit has such low Adaptability while the Knight has one of the highest. Odd stat in general. Move speed + evasion bonuses... but also defensive bonuses. Doesn't seem like they go hand in hand.
I really hope that now that equipment load has a dedicated stat, each point into vitality now gives more equipment load. 2 or 3 extra points in equipment load for each point spent in vitality would not be wrong.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
What you burn is stuff to improve your Estus flask or make the area harder. You need the specific items.

P.S.: Apparently the difficulty starts going up starting with the
Sentinel bosses he just died to. Which look freaking amazing by the way, look at this

62ijJY8.png
Oh yes, there is even a bonus item you can choose during chargen, which you can burn to make the area harder.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey JC is the combat the same as the other Soul games where the targeting system would help lead your blows or is it the same as with the beta where you have to be facing where your blows hit?
Also too bad about the framerate I really was looking foward to a smoother ride than DS but guess it will have to do till the PC release

Kanedias

Savant
Hahaha there's a ring that changes your appearance to that of a white phantom. Let the trolling commence.

aris

Arcane
J_C can you confirm whether the vitality now gives more max equipment load per point spent, with respect to how it was in dark souls with endurance?

from what i have seen so far in that stream the difficulty level is rather sinusoidal. i think thats because Ffom Software lets you go from Majula anywhere you want to. he trashed some mobs in forest and than got his ass severly kicked in two other locations. this heides tower looks like ruins of anor londo and enemies you meat there are similar to those in ds1.

anyway i have seen some massive spoiler and i am not going to watch it anymore. but shiiiiiiiiit that was unexpected:yeah::yeah::yeah:
it seems there are 34 named souls to get in game. i have no idea if that means 34 bosses:fuuyeah:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Stream is back on

I am really not happy that From literally rehashed Ornstein. I sure hope there is a lore reason for this, like the whole time travel thing, because outside of that, it's fucking despicable. It gives me the same shitty vibe the Skyrim/New Vegas Monster mods do, where there's monsters that clearly don't belong in the game.

aris

Arcane
Holy shit, the guys watching and commenting the stream are a bunch of fags.
I must say it's a little bit disappointing that it seems like they pretty much rehashed anor londo as well as its boss, only with another name. Now that smough is not there anymore, he also seems pretty easy. I hope that this is not representative for the rest of the game

Kanedias

Savant
Holy shit, the guys watching and commenting the stream are a bunch of fags.
I must say it's a little bit disappointing that it seems like they pretty much rehashed anor londo as well as its boss, only with another name. Now that smough is not there anymore, he also seems pretty easy. I hope that this is not representative for the rest of the game

Keep in mind it's an early game boss. The streamer skipped the area for some reason but it's one of the first ones. He's overlevelled now.

Kanedias

Savant
You can only burn specific items. We know one of them improves estus healing, another item makes the enemies harder.

aris

Arcane
Seems like you get 1.5 increased equipment load for each point spent in vitality now, pretty disappointing :( I was hoping for at least 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom