Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Gargoyle fight now with the same music from Dark Souls 1. How many more recycled bosses are gonna be in this fucking game?

Kanedias

Savant
Gargoyle fight now. How many more recycled bosses are gonna be in this fucking game?

There are two, and I'm being generous enough for including these Gargoyles, who have 1) different models 2) different movesets. They also seem to be challenging as fuck. That's like saying the Dark Souls gargoyles are recycled Maneaters. The only reused thing is the music.

i like how people here gives tips and strategy advices how to beat bosses/mobes even though they did not play a single fucking minute of this game.
its like watching stream of counter strike match and asking players why dont they aim for the head?its obvious headshots are deadly:M

i had couple hundreds of hours experience in dark souls and still got my ass handled to me in demons souls couple good times. but thats probably because i did not kite black phantoms with arrows:rpgcodex:

anyway from mined data
154 pure melee weapons.
  • 11 staffs
  • 10 chimes
  • 10 bows
  • 4 crossbows
and chanellers trident is back :dance: and no dark bead:negative: but there is
waifu crow asking you to visit her in her home:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Queelag 2.0 [Scorpion instead of spider body] Not to shit on the game, but this is the worst looking model so far, outside of the fat green guys with the hammers.

Kanedias

Savant
Queelag 2.0 [Scorpion instead of spider body] Not to shit on the game, but this is the worst looking model so far, outside of the fat green guys with the hammers.

Agreed. The entire area looks really weird, the graphics / art direction is leagues below Heide's Tower of Flame or the Forest of Fallen Giants, etc. As if a different team worked on it.

The area is just bizarre to me, and the enemies in it seem random, though the
basilisk den looked really nice and was probably the best part

Edit: What a boring boss -.

Last edited:
well at least she looks a bit harder than quelag

also that moveset of twin-blades is straight from some kung fu wuxia shit movie:lol:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
well at least she looks a bit more difficult than quelag

Only because the streamer is using +6 starting weapons, instead of a +10-15 PVE greatsword/scythe drop. If this guy actually upgraded his shit and kind of had a starting plan, he'd be creaming the bosses he's stuck on,
Gargoyles, Scorpion Quellag, and The fat corpse monster in the poison cave.

well at least she looks a bit more difficult than quelag

Only because the streamer is using +6 starting weapons, instead of a +10-15 PVE greatsword/scythe drop. If this guy actually upgraded his shit and kind of had a starting plan, he'd be creaming the bosses he's stuck on,
Gargoyles, The fat corpse monster in the poison cave.
really? he is what like sls60? its like fighting quelag with divine weapon +5:lol:

Kanedias

Savant
Yeah his weapons suck, he needs to upgrade them much more - it makes all bosses look like they have HP bloat.
Gargoyles look really difficult, though....a better, faster moveset, spears, and the two attack at once. I think it'd still be really hard even with other weapons, right now it's plain impossible for him to beat them.

Anyways, am I being nitpicky, or does this area (and its enemies) seem really out of place? It doesn't look Souls enough for me. I'm really defensive of the game usually, but this area along with the one full of Shreks stands out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
Anyways, am I being nitpicky, or does this area (and its enemies) seem really out of place? It doesn't look Souls enough for me. I'm really defensive of the game usually, but this area along with the one full of Shreks stands out like a sore thumb.

well its not lordran anymore. there is more dungeon crawling in kings field way than in ds1 with enemies from the hindu and germanic myths in that last location.

and the reason he is not upgrading his weapon is because he has no idea where to farm for titanite chunks

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are the pics shown with the reveal of the PC version actual screencaptures? That not only looks magnificent but makes the consoles look like they were drawn with crayons. Super psyched to get to play the PS3 version and then go for my deprived run on the PC
Praise the sun!

praetor

Arcane
did he get any tail cuts? are there any tail cuts in the game? did he go to nu-Latria? do we even know which area is nu-Latria (i.e. the on ENB said is as atmospheric and awesome as it)?

btw, when i saw him upgrade his weapons i think i noticed regular shards upgrade to +3 and large to +6 so likely the normal path goes to +10 and +6 is not as bad as we think (i.e. some bosses do have HP bloat)?

sounds like a happy ending:troll:

also end boss music

i would say its very different from gwyns theme

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom