Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

circ

Arcane

I still remember when Bioware was hyping up the then vapourware first Dragon Age game and saying that there would be no good or evil and all choices morally grey and all ambiguous like. Funny how that turned out. Also, dumb spergy youtube let's players shouldn't be allowed to create female characters, I mean seriously, the main character looks like she was designed by this guy:
UkDzMzM.jpg

That must be the worst boss fight in the history of gaming. So boring.

Bradylama

Arcane
A Dragon Age MMO would probably sell like fucking crazy, especially with the rabid BioWare fans.

Does Bioware really have a more significant fanbase than Bethesda does with The Elder Scrolls? Incompetent design couldn't save TESO and it won't save a DAO.

Martius

Liturgist
A Dragon Age MMO would probably sell like fucking crazy, especially with the rabid BioWare fans.
I thought Star Wars MMO was supposed to sell crazy because of combined Star Wars and Bioware fanbases? Well, if next one could have reasonable budget and be f2p from start it could be profitable.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I thought Star Wars MMO was supposed to sell crazy because of combined Star Wars and Bioware fanbases? Well, if next one could have reasonable budget and be f2p from start it could be profitable.

How do you budget for a game that won't have any income?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Does Bioware really have a more significant fanbase than Bethesda does with The Elder Scrolls? Incompetent design couldn't save TESO and it won't save a DAO.

I'll wage a guess and say that Bethesda has a larger fan base.

dryan

Arcane

How do you budget for a game that won't have any income?
F2P games sometimes make more cash than subscription ones, ask the Koreans. The problem is that Westerners are still trying to make the new WoW. They just have to get over the fact that it was an anomaly.

Xenich

Cipher

Yep, not about quality, it is about sheep and the fucking fad crazed mobs out there.

Seriously, where do you think the fucking Boy Band music industry went? Do you scrubs think it disappeared? It didn't, it went into the gaming industry, so dance you fucking Britney Spears wannabees, suck the cock of the Boy Band craze!!!!

Xenich

Cipher

The Star Wars MMO was a major success!!! That is, it sold a massive amount of 50 Buck copies of the game and was able to convince many to hold on for months after that only to FTP and cash shop the rest. Seriously, be honest, do you think ToR was a failure? If you do, then you don't understand the concept of MMO markets and how you filch off the consumer base. These fucktards aren't losing money. Why do you think they keep making more and more mainstream MMOs?

Xenich

Cipher
Boy bands are very much alive I think from the glimpses of that culture that I've seen, and there's always the Biebster. You just grew up.

If you grew up when I did, Boy Bands were GODS of the industry. If you are saying that the 80's-90's Boy Band craze is the same as it is today, then you are a young fucking scrub who doesn't know any better.

Bradylama

Arcane
"A Magister and a Dark Spawn in one creature, the ultimate evil."

What+the+hell+am+I+reading.jpg

Fuck this shit. How can any of you tards defend this hackneyed dreck? They even resorted to the New Hope celebration ceremony from KOTOR. They're leaching off of their own legacy and are counting on legions of idiots to not notice.

Bradylama

Arcane
If you grew up when I did, Boy Bands were GODS of the industry. If you are saying that the 80's-90's Boy Band craze is the same as it is today, then you are a young fucking scrub who doesn't know any better.

The Boy Band craze was wrung out of all value and then left to mold like a used cum rag. It's just been put on the back burner until cultural vapidity swings back around to the point where you can make a business model out of it. The One Directions and Biebsters of the world are just leftovers.

What's happening in the gaming industry right now is no different than what happens in all other socially-minded media. They chase fads to boost sales and then move on to the next fad to milk more suckers. If the reaction to SJWism gets strong enough then we WILL have a game where gay blood mages try to forcefully turn straights. It is pure naked exploitation of the gullible.

Deleted member 7219

10 hours in. Story hasn't got going yet. I've almost done everything in the first big zone. Combat is very dull - feels like an MMO grind. Quests feel straight out of an MMO too. Beautiful world spaces filled with filler content.

The visuals and the soundtrack are pretty good but apart from that, I don't have much positive to say about the game at this point. I'm having a lot more fun in the new World of Warcraft expansion to be honest.

EDIT: I've gone back the past few pages and it seems other Codexers agree with me. My god there's a lot of mindless killing in this. No C&Cs to speak of. Quests really are "find this" "gather this" or "kill this". The interface really is fucking abysmal, in the journal, in the equipment/inventory menus, clicks don't seem to do anything half the time - and good luck actually trying to move around or control the camera. BioWare actually have a good track record with interfaces - I never had a problem with Mass Effect - so they've seriously gone off the rails here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok so let's talk about game ending.

Ok. We fight with evil dark spawn Tevinter mage from DA2 DLC - Coryphus or something like that. He summon Golden City form Fade. Yeah - the damn DLC was more important in plot then main game. We fight with EVIL DARKSPAWN DRAGON ( or they just call him like that thing from Orgins. If you don't remember - only warden can kill that shit). One of our companions in fucking Dalish elfish devil. He take power/kills/absorb Flemeth and open way to sequel. My dear God. Bioware just raped their own lore. Good job.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok. We fight with evil dark spawn Tevinter mage from DA2 DLC - Coryphus or something like that. He summon Golden City form Fade. Yeah - the damn DLC was more important in plot then main game. We fight with EVIL DARKSPAWN DRAGON ( or they just call him like that thing from Orgins. If you don't remember - only warden can kill that shit). One of our companions in fucking Dalish elfish devil. He take power/kills/absorb Flemeth and open way to sequel. My dear God. Bioware just raped their own lore. Good job.

That sounds pretty cool actually.

Calapine

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
Difficulty wise, the fact that you aren't able to rest in between battles is the main difficulty given that your HP doesn't regenerate past 20%. But given the ability to fast travel between the quest area and your keep from the quest area - which replenishes your hp and healing potions - all it does is introduce an extra timesink.

What, quick travel spawns potions? How...WHY?

Lhynn

Arcane
Played for an hour, combat is fucking unplayable, i have no idea how you guys can take that shit. writing is abysmal, is so much worse than i thought, souless and boring. and what the fuck is wrong with my characters hair? and oh god moving around and exploring is painful.

This shit is fucking torture, no wonder some critics are calling them out on this, DA2 is a better game. Are you for real? they set a new low (yet again). Fuck my brother for making me pay for that shit, hope he chokes on it.

dryan

Arcane
Played for an hour, combat is fucking unplayable, i have no idea how you guys can take that shit. writing is abysmal, is so much worse than i thought, souless and boring. and what the fuck is wrong with my characters hair? and oh god moving around and exploring is painful.

This shit is fucking torture, no wonder some critics are calling them out on this, DA2 is a better game. Are you for real? they set a new low (yet again). Fuck my brother for making me pay for that shit, hope he chokes on it.
"brother"

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira

Dragon Age 2's final boss was also recycled from the DLC of the previous game and they retconned lots of stuff in that one too. Maybe this is some kind of deep artsy motif they are going for?
:M

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do they ever explain how you can behead Leliana in Origins and still have her spring back up later?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Because that is not the cannon version of events in Dragon Age. Same with Baldur's Gate II.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Do they ever explain how you can behead Leliana in Origins and still have her spring back up later?

You didn't check her pulse. No, really. And Gaider segregates between gameplay and story when it comes to decision making.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom