Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

dryan

Arcane
Who would want to kill Leliana? She was cute and non-edgy.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
C..c..c.. can we, er, like, start starting different threads about different topics yet? This thread's making me jITTtt..tt..t.T..ttery

thumb_1335163394023.png

Trying to come back every hour and trying to guess who's making what point to whom.

... I only come here for RK47's vids and following convos...

Do they ever explain how you can behead Leliana in Origins and still have her spring back up later?
Makers intervention afterall she was killed in chamber with Sacred Ashes :M and Gaider said that animation of her getting beheaded was part of gameplay not related to the story part( she would get only stabbed to death there :lol: )

Last edited:

kris

Arcane
Don't know why so many complain about characters being not being attractive. I prefer a game were everyone doesn't look like models. Like Starcraft 1 kerrigan over SC2 sudden vapid model. If the complaint had been that their design was bad, sure, but now I see so much whining about their appearance. Is that really such a problem for you?
Starcraft (unlike DA:I) isn't a harem dating simulator with partial nudity, where you choose your waifu from amongst all of your bed partners.

Yet.

It cannot be stated enough: the personal beauty of your waifu is of critical importance in a dating simulator.

But what you say isn't true about the game. Despite how much the codex care about the romances.

But even if that were true, the Biowarians seems quite pleased about the characters.
In a world where a number of people won't watch a tv show or movie because the actors are over 30, such thing as beautiful characters are always of critical importance. Why, there are even sterlingly large debates on the net about whether or not Leilana is over 30. And the debate about beauty and romance here is just a smidgeon of what goes on other sites.

More to the point on date simulators: in what Bioware games have become, all dialogue is about grinding relationship meters - that's dating sim territory. Grinding relationship meters runs omnipresently throughout the entire game - also dating sim territory. A high relationship meter with a character leads to a personal background encounter - dating sim territory. The background encounter, if options are selected properly, ultimately leads to partial nudity and sex - dating sim territory. Sex can be had at any time with any "unlocked" character - harem sim territory. You choose one from amongst your bed partners to have a special romance with - waifu territory. Or to sum up, harem dating simulator with partial nudity and waifus.

RPG combat is not even new subject matter in date-sims or hentai games. Most such games are built around an adventure game or a visual novel, but RPG combat versions have been around for decades, such as Sakura Wars and Lightning Warrior Raidy.

But I am saying this because people here should hold themselves to a higher standard. I was not talking about how others or the world percept things, I was talking about posters here. Are they highbrow or not?

All dialogue is not about the relationship meter though. that only apply to a couple of characters and not all dialogue with them is about that (normally, I have not played DAI yet.)

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I'm currently watching a Youtube let's player of slightly less popularity than the big guys and he's never played a Dragon Age before...

In part 2 (or was it 3?) he swapped out Bianca for a dagger - the comments section went wiiiiiiiilllld....

Much merriment.

Psquit

Arcane
Where are all the faggots, who were shilling for this game soo hard?.

"Witcher 3 is going to be shit! just wait and see!!1" "Dragon age 3 will shit all over the TWITCHER 3 HURR DURR TWITCHER 2 WAS CONSOLE POPAMOLE CRAP IM SOO EDGY PLS SCROOGE NOTICE ME"

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? You are nothing! and you will never be anything! NEVAHR! how dare you, HOW DARE YOU! you miserable mediocre nothing! shame on you for shilling this shit!.

You are a No talent piece of shit.

You are a nobody.
Also your waifu is shit.

Your Deluxe edtion of cuckold age the cisquisition------>
1382163838564.gif

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm glad that what I have read about this game hasn't disappointed me. It's exactly what I expected it to be. People and their high expectations.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Where are all the faggots, who were shilling for this game soo hard?.

"Witcher 3 is going to be shit! just wait and see!!1" "Dragon age 3 will shit all over the TWITCHER 3 HURR DURR TWITCHER 2 WAS CONSOLE POPAMOLE CRAP IM SOO EDGY PLS SCROOGE NOTICE ME"

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? You are nothing! and you will never be anything! NEVAHR! how dare you, HOW DARE YOU! you miserable mediocre nothing! shame on you for shilling this shit!.

You are a No talent piece of shit.

You are a nobody.
Also your waifu is shit.

Your Deluxe edtion of cuckold age the cisquisition------>
1382163838564.gif
:avatard::updatedmytxt::avatard:

Malpercio

Arcane
Because that is not the cannon version of events in Dragon Age. Same with Baldur's Gate II.

Not really a fair comparion. BG2 has one canon, and the sequel was based on that.

In DA apparently "your choices matter". If you made Alistar king, he'll be the King in Inquisition, if not it will be Anora, and yada yada. So basically, some of your choice matter, and some... don't?

It doesn't iirk me that much honestly, but I can see why it bothers people. Either go with it all the way, or go with BG2 model.

Difficulty wise, the fact that you aren't able to rest in between battles is the main difficulty given that your HP doesn't regenerate past 20%. But given the ability to fast travel between the quest area and your keep from the quest area - which replenishes your hp and healing potions - all it does is introduce an extra timesink.

What, quick travel spawns potions? How...WHY?

Potions (only the healing ones) restock automatically every time you rest/reach a camp. Yes, you don't buy them.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The MMO comparisons here are all true. Reminds me of that Amalur game (Amalor?) which was console combat with MMO style word design and quests. This is mostly the same thing. I played 6 hours and didn't pause or switch to my companions even once, it's fully playable and designed around you just whacking shit. There are no real sidequests at all, it's just brief dialog (without changing the view) for brief tasks you do. It's like those random "here I found this" quests in Dragon Age 2 took over the entire sidequest aspect of the game. Can't believe that isn't getting more anger from reviewers, but then their job is to burn through this shit as fast as possible, so...

Definitely returning this before my 24 hours is up. It's just not fun, it's the most explorefag game I have ever played and I played Morrowind so that's saying something. Nothing but exploration is done well here.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's probably an entire generation of young designers out there who have LEARNED quest design from MMOs. Who knows what horrors await us in the future due to a decade of WoW dominance.

Malpercio

Arcane
I wonder how many of the current Bioware employers know their company made BG2... because this game is the total antithesis of what made BG2 great.

Even the companions feel like copy-paste of each-others, the only difference between Cassandra and Blackwall in battle is the skin, they can learn the same abilities and they are perfect copies of each-others. I'm not sure they even have different stats (stats barely exist in this game).

mastroego

Arcane
You can see they're greedy losers by the way they approach the thing.
See a game like Skyrim has all the flaws you want but it does ITS OWN thing on a scale no other game does. As a result, it has its legitimate, devoted fans (some of them are even NORMAL people).

Now these guys want to do a "fantasy RPG" but they also want to copy Call of Duty because, CoD crowd.
Then they want to add Skyrim elements (Skyrim crowd) to the game but they ALSO want to sell it as an action game (action fans crowd), then ALSO as a RPG where "choices matter" (serious gamers crowd), and ALSO as a tactical simulator (niche gamers crowd), and ALSO as a dating simulator (creepy deranged losers crowd) and of course ALSO as a "deep social commentary" masterpiece (whining gay rights protesters crowd).

It's like if you try to mix the best dishes you've heard about from 8 diverse ethnic restaurants (not actually being able to cook any single one of them), and then you're actually surprised when steaming, disgusting shit comes out of the oven.

Last edited:

Azarkon

Arcane
Yea, and what's worse about the WoW clones is that they didn't even keep up to date with WoW quest design. I'm playing WoD at the moment, and the quest design there has improved ten-fold over vintage WoW in terms of keeping these fetch/kill quests as short, painless, and 'flowing' as doable. Basically, in WoD you get 2-3 'fluff' quests per questing area, and the other 3-4 are 'main story' quests. They further make it so that you're able to do all the quests, both main story and fluff, simultaneously without backtracking, so that you're done in about 30 minutes total, visiting a new area each time, and none of it breaks the flow.

DAI, by contrast, ranks up there with the worst of old school WoW where you get dumped dozens of fluff quests before you even get around to the main quest and then you're left wondering how the hell are you going to do these efficiently so that you don't have to run back and forth between areas. Bio promoted this game as having 150+ hours of gameplay, but they didn't tell you it's 120+ hours of THIS gameplay.

EDIT: made even worse by the fact that the interface only allows you to track one quest at a time. WHAT THE FUCK.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Was just about to tag RK and tell him I run out of videos to watch. Good guy RK-lah.

Is it just me or the game looks even worse than Witcher 2? Also wierd face designs, none of them look "normal".

Was just about to tag RK and tell him I run out of videos to watch. Good guy RK-lah.

Is it just me or the game looks even worse than Witcher 2? Also wierd face designs, none of them look "normal".
I think this looks way worse than Witcher 2, no contest. The models are laughable, animations are terrible; the scenery looks ok and the engine is capable of some cool post FX (sunshafts and all that faggotry), but art direction is mostly very bland and there's been nothing memorable for me so far.

Also for pure action combat Twitcher is way better. This game is honestly a joke, but I didn't really expect otherwise. Debating whether to return or not, but I don't know what I would do with Origin credit anyway, there's no game there that's even remotely interesting.

Tigranes

Arcane
Haven't checked on this game at all, skimmed a gameplay vid of it just now...

So this is a free to play MMO + gay sex scenes, then?

:lol:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I wonder how many of the current Bioware employers know their company made BG2... because this game is the total antithesis of what made BG2 great.

That's not BioWare/EA job. They are in the business to make mass accessible action games labeled as an "RPG". As long as it continues to sell they will continue to laugh all the way to the bank...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom