Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Ninjerk

Arcane
Baba yetu yetu

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
When are we going to see the prestigious Codex review of this turd? kris and deltrius where in charge of the review, if I recall correctly. I thought by now the review would be out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When are we going to see the prestigious Codex review of this turd? kris and deltrius where in charge of the review, if I recall correctly. I thought by now the review would be out.

The review is currently in beta. We decided we wanted to spend some extra time polishing this one up, to try to achieve something on par with Vault Dweller's famous Oblivion review.

Sykar

Arcane
Hohoho this is going to be good.
dis_gon_be_good.gif

imweasel

About the Shituisition main plot. I'm just going to leave this here.

No, but really. That was terrible.

:what:

What the fuck was that? Shit like that deserves to end up on the cutting room floor.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
This is absolutely how the game is. You are constantly given dialogue options to say various forms of "I'm not anything special, I'm just zis guy you know" and, without fail, everyone ignores you and keeps hailing you as this, that or the other. So you're a leader who isn't permitted to shape your own image, all you can do is LARP Life of Brian.

Sykar

Arcane
This is absolutely how the game is. You are constantly given dialogue options to say various forms of "I'm not anything special, I'm just zis guy you know" and, without fail, everyone ignores you and keeps hailing you as this, that or the other. So you're a leader who isn't permitted to shape your own image, all you can do is LARP Life of Brian.

At least you had funny dialogue in Life of Brian. Dragon Derp is just retarded.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I actually played DAI up to that moment (and past it) and when that cutscene hits you unexpectedly...Wow. A genuine WTF Were They Thinking moment. BWs illusions of grandeur could not be better illustrated though.

Isn't that the scene that happens right after being curb-stomped by the Big Bad who is still looking for them?
Everyone practically shouting "We're over here!" at the top of their lungs is... just too biowarian for me to be surprised.

kris

Arcane

Mostly deltrius now, with some input from me.

The only part that I wanted in, but isn't, will be in a separate article from me at a later point.

I also have loads of great screenshots that I considered using in a sort of "Everything wrong with DAI in 20 screenshots or less" kind of way. Like the more famous youtube clips of movies.
One of the best being when you first meet the big bad. Suddenly your three companions just vanished?! There is no explanation or anything, they just left, hoping you would defeat him and a dragon? Thanks faggots, where the fuck did you go?

Deleted member 7219

Kill me now. Then rape me. Then shit on muh carcass. Also, the song is a mashup/ripoff of 2/3 songs from LOTR movies.

I thought that. "All Shall Fade", the song which ruined The Lord of the Rings films for me.

Deleted member 7219

Exactly that, plus at some point it also reminds me of the dorfs' song in Bilbo's kitchen...

Removing the songs from The Hobbit films would have made the films better from a pacing standpoint. Could have easily been two films then (if they had cut out the love triangle and the weird comedy stuff in the third one).

The problem with the song in Return of the King is that the actor singing is not that good a singer and he goes a bit Ronan Keating at one point (pulls a weird face and sounds a bit Irish). If it had been sung by the same Maori woman who did the other songs, or some choir boy even, with no actual on screen presence, it may have worked.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Billy Boyd is Scottish and sings in a band. A fine singer in my opinion. Good enough to play Pippin, who (as other hobbits do) liked to sing. Like some normal people still do today.

pippin

It seems people like to complain about how PJ added too much unnecessary shit to Hobbit's movies pointing out things that were already in the book...
And yeah, saw that video a couple of weeks ago. Manifest Destiny is one hell of a thing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom