Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

dacencora

Stop unironically posting about playing this abominable game.

This is a threat.

images

Not only have you ensured we will continue to post in this thread, but you've also drawn attention to yourself.

You are now synonymous with Dragon Age Inquisition.

You are the DAI boy.

So tell us, why is it your favorite game and why do you fantasize about gay sex with Gaider?
I wonder which game's existence triggers him more: this one or Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
This was originally developed as an MMO and later repurposed into a single-player game, right?

It feels like it, in many ways yes. Scaled down quite a bit and called it a day.

The game is structured in a very weird way, which also makes me wonder. Every story element is contained in its own level and isn't in contact with the game world.

So the first mission is in its own isolated level, like the first mission of DAO. Then you're put into an "open world", but that world isn't really open, it's several different areas you can travel to.

None of these areas tie directly to the main plot, but when you finish enough quests in an area, you are whisked away into a separate "instance" where the main plot continues.

So none of the large areas are connected to the main plot. It's all very sloppy and seemingly hastily thrown together.

dacencora

This was originally developed as an MMO and later repurposed into a single-player game, right?

It feels like it, in many ways yes. Scaled down quite a bit and called it a day.

The game is structured in a very weird way, which also makes me wonder. Every story element is contained in its own level and isn't in contact with the game world.

So the first mission is in its own isolated level, like the first mission of DAO. Then you're put into an "open world", but that world isn't really open, it's several different areas you can travel to.

None of these areas tie directly to the main plot, but when you finish enough quests in an area, you are whisked away into a separate "instance" where the main plot continues.

So none of the large areas are connected to the main plot. It's all very sloppy and seemingly hastily thrown together.
Would have been a shitty MMO.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's all very sloppy and seemingly hastily thrown together.
To me, it really feels souless. Other than a few gimmicks, such as the cards that accompany the story-telling blurbs, or the mini-games where you have to look through the telescope to find the shard, or the constellation drawing, it really does feel souless.

It's actually quite baffling that this was released 2 years after Skyrim, and - of course - Dark Souls, and it feels like it learned no lessons from the two.

I also feel like the people doing the VO tried, but there are basically no characters there. And script is pure trash. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
To each their own, but I’ve had fun in DDO and vanilla WoW. They’re not RPGs, but there’s some fun to be had. I have also put an ungodly amount of time into SWTOR, but I wouldn’t say it was a particularly good MMO.

I played some WoW BC, it wasn't bad, just not my thing.

What do you think DAI fan no.1? Are MMOs as awesome as Dragon Age Inquisition?

Skinwalker

*teleports within you*
Patron
I stopped playing this shit after the ugly bald elf took me to his super-sekrit fortress in the mountains and banal shit boring base management stuff began (also Hawke showed up). I think that was the point when the autistic demon-child companion's literal retardation started severely getting on my nerves, on top of everything else, and thus DA:I became the first RPG I uninstalled without ever playing it through to the end at least once.

If only I could also uninstall the memories of endless collection quests, hideous companions and featureless, generic levels.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
A mid-development decision (Presumably, to release on 7th gen consoles) required cutting a lot of content and features they've developed at that point.
Some shakycam early footage:

I don't think we lost Bioware's magnum opus, but it's bizarre how most of what's shown in that video isn't actually in the final game.

Camel

Scholar
Uh, hello? The enslaved elves, the dvarves with their caste system, the templars with their lirium addiction the magic users etc etc. Almost every familiar fantasy component is somehow subverted. I mean, of course you can call it derivative as a whole - that's not incorrect at all but my point is that the absence of Gods fits nicely. Looking back at DA:O with this knowledge I don't see any problems.

Everything in DAO is derivative of Song of Ice and Fire and Wheel of Time and a number of other 90s dark-fantasy tropes. It's Gaider's fan-fiction.

Things can be derivative even if they're aren't ripping off Tolkien directly.
Pretty much. Add some Warhammer 40k in the mix.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
It's a fine game, but went on a bit too long. The DLC's were useless and didn't add anything besides the Solas one.

The "Solas" one didn't add anything. It took removed things if anything, not just the protagonist's arm, but also the story integrity.

What little there was. The first two DLCs added content, not great content, but more of the same. The "Solas" DLC was the only one which was complete garbage and detracted from everything that had come before.

It made the protagonist a complete weakling because Mary Sue Solas had to get some autistic attention from the asslicking Gaiderites in the writing department.

The entire character of Solas in the main game stops making sense because of that DLC. It's a mess.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Stop unironically posting about playing this abominable game.

This is a threat.

images

Imagine being such an autistic little faggot fuck that he's unironically using doge memes.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

"This is a threat."

Wow. I've had farts with more IQ than the brainfart behind that post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom