Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Frozen

Arcane
Did he ride the bull?

But what's your opinion of the sex scenes?
I haven't seen any yet, because Gaider is cockblocking my Inquisitor.

My Inquisitor has been hitting on all the ladies and treating them very nicely, even the red headed dwarf scout chick, but nothing. They just won't put out.

Then I talk Dorian, whom I always treat like like crap, because he is an obnoxious homosexual, and this pops up.

Vv1AWju.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Then I talk Dorian, whom I always treat like like crap, because he is an obnoxious homosexual, and this pops up.

Dorian is the best character in the game, fag or not.

My recent playthrough was a female Inquisitor who banged Iron Bull for the lulz (weird scene where they're very blunt about BDSM and domination) and the married Cullen. Neither was that difficult to do. Not sure who all the female romance options are, but I remember in my first playthrough years ago Cassandra was a pain in the ass.

jackofshadows

Magister
Cassandra was a pain in the ass.
The most straightforward and nice romance I've seen in this game. Was pleasantly surprised at the time, tbh. Also few scenes with the 'cool' beardless midget were looking more appealing while romancing her.

Anyway, Bioware cunts cut out or didn't bother to include the most pleasant fan-service stuff int the base game, it was all shoved into that last (I beleive) DLC, Cassandra's included.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
I recently started playing this trash because it was on sale and I wanted to see how bad it truly is. DA:I really is just Dragon Age 2, but on steroids with a much larger scope and even trashier combat. Mike Laidlaw, Mark Darrah and David Gaider should be ashamed of themselves.

That is all.

None o them work at Bioware anymore which is neat

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
For my sins, I'm playing this again. I've been playing a fair number of older games recently, so I fancied playing something with snazzier graphics for a change, and this is the snazziest my geriatric comp can handle atm.

I have to say that it's actually quite good fun to start with, if one gets into the spirit of the thing and doesn't get too upset by the poz and the hand-holding. In terms of a quasi-action, quasi-RTwP combat system, it's alright. It does feel quite exciting to play, in a superficial sense, what with the glitzy fx and all that shit, and one is inclined to keep it "live" as much as possible and pause as little as necessary. There are some "big" fights that require you to at least switch between characters, give orders and use tactical, and while tactical mode could have been much better implemented, more "classic" feeling, it's serviceable enough.

At any rate, on Nightmare, while it's not exactly a taxing game, you do have to think a bit in some fights, and there's a little bit of scope for tactics and combos. Comparing and contrasting with DAO/DA2 combat, which always felt boring to me, something about the way they have the high level of "realism" in the graphics and fx, plus whatever adjustments they made to their formula for this type of combat, makes it work better in this game. The build system also seems better thought-out, for an accursed skill-tree system anyway.

The problem I can see that's starting to bug me, as it bugged me the first time I played (about 3/4 of the way through), is all the goddamn gathering. At first it was ok, but it's starting to feel like busywork already and it rather goes against the immersive feelz one gets from exploring with the lovely graphics. It starts to feel like a compulsive elfroot-collecting sim (with more collecting, and "I hear you like collecting" on top) rather than an RGP.

Plus, the poz really is grating after a while. And the VO - I'm beginning to hate all the "cheeky cockerney" VO they put in these games, particularly the females ones with their ridiculous helmets. Given that there are hardly any cockneys left in East London, as it's become a multicultural hellhole for the most part, it feels rather like twisting the knife.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I played female PC in Inquisition and she used male walking animation: walked and moved like a freaking gorilla.

I heard it was due to criticism of too sexualized animations of female Hawke in DA2. Those idiots actually decided to 'fix' this problem.

Instead of sexy females in DAI we got ugly gorillas.

That's why we can't have nice things

The Jester

Cipher
I played female PC in Inquisition and she used male walking animation: walked and moved like a freaking gorilla.

I heard it was due to criticism of too sexualized animations of female Hawke in DA2. Those idiots actually decided to 'fix' this problem.

What did you expect from tumbler: the game?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

What did you expect from tumbler: the game?

I did not expect much, and still was dissapointed.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got this for free. I've played for 1 hour so far. I'm afraid this might be giving me brain cancer.

Also... lots of Elven plants everywhere. Like... EVERYWHERE! Loopy.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I got this for free. I've played for 1 hour so far. I'm afraid this might be giving me brain cancer.

Also... lots of Elven plants everywhere. Like... EVERYWHERE! Loopy.
I was just about to say something similar but I didn't boot it yet.

Old Hans

Arcane
For my sins, I'm playing this again. I've been playing a fair number of older games recently, so I fancied playing something with snazzier graphics for a change, and this is the snazziest my geriatric comp can handle atm.

I have to say that it's actually quite good fun to start with, if one gets into the spirit of the thing and doesn't get too upset by the poz and the hand-holding. In terms of a quasi-action, quasi-RTwP combat system, it's alright. It does feel quite exciting to play, in a superficial sense, what with the glitzy fx and all that shit, and one is inclined to keep it "live" as much as possible and pause as little as necessary. There are some "big" fights that require you to at least switch between characters, give orders and use tactical, and while tactical mode could have been much better implemented, more "classic" feeling, it's serviceable enough.

At any rate, on Nightmare, while it's not exactly a taxing game, you do have to think a bit in some fights, and there's a little bit of scope for tactics and combos. Comparing and contrasting with DAO/DA2 combat, which always felt boring to me, something about the way they have the high level of "realism" in the graphics and fx, plus whatever adjustments they made to their formula for this type of combat, makes it work better in this game. The build system also seems better thought-out, for an accursed skill-tree system anyway.

The problem I can see that's starting to bug me, as it bugged me the first time I played (about 3/4 of the way through), is all the goddamn gathering. At first it was ok, but it's starting to feel like busywork already and it rather goes against the immersive feelz one gets from exploring with the lovely graphics. It starts to feel like a compulsive elfroot-collecting sim (with more collecting, and "I hear you like collecting" on top) rather than an RGP.

Plus, the poz really is grating after a while. And the VO - I'm beginning to hate all the "cheeky cockerney" VO they put in these games, particularly the females ones with their ridiculous helmets. Given that there are hardly any cockneys left in East London, as it's become a multicultural hellhole for the most part, it feels rather like twisting the knife.
there is a vendor(s) who sell unlimited elfroot. I know there is that one vendor in the hinterlands.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

there is a vendor(s) who sell unlimited elfroot. I know there is that one vendor in the hinterlands.

I know, but I'm a poor weak-willed sort of person who feels compelled to collect them in the wild whenever I see them :)

I stopped playing (again) after a while btw. Even though the graphics are great, the story engaging enough and the combat okay, the poz, the endless collecting and the cheeky cockerny female soldiers with their ridiculous helmets just wore me down (again).

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The thing about this POS game that irritates me the most is the hold down mouse button to attack, it locks you into place and if you're out of range you swing at air. It's the jankiest, most bad feeling garbage system I've played. It actually makes DA2 look awesome by comparison.

Whatever dipshit wanted to remove autoattack to make the game more actiony without actually supporting that with action mechanics is a moron who should get out of game development. I've never been able to get more than an hour or two into it before uninstalling in rage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom