Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Finished Trespasser and thus the game. I was getting pretty bored and ready to move on so I dropped the difficulty to normal for Trespasser and it was a cake walk. Kinda regretted it as some of the Qunari fights seemed interesting, but oh well. The mirror hopping level design was pretty shit in my opinion, but the rest of it seemed pretty good. I was fine with the lore stuff in this one, no complaints. These two DLC packs show how much better the game could have been if it had more narrative focus and direction instead of aimless MMO busy work. Oh well.

All in all my second playthrough of DA:I gets the same "meh" DA2 did. The combat is easy even on hard mode, the MMO shit is exhausting even when you ignore half of it and the companion AI is utter trash. However it's very pretty with some nice visual design and lore, the main quests are good and the story when outside of MMO shit is pretty good. Both these sequels are half good and half terrible and it's almost worse than being all terrible because you see the potential.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahh just replayed it and it is sad how much they fuck it up. The general setting and lore is pretty nice,but the core writing and C&C is very poorly done,that will make most people butthurt by the end. Most of the C&C is hidden point accumulation by events that had nothing to do with the actual C&C. Most of the C&C options are also borderline retarded. The worst part is that the game makes you believe that you have options and then just ignores you and goes with its retarded choice. Most of the companions are just pointless garbage that exist because of writers feeling like fucking themself. Who the fucks want to play with a black leucocratic snob,two retards,a gay cow and a drab mass murderer. Tho your advisors and a few of the companions are pretty well done. At least you could make a decent team with the gay mage,the butthurt elf and the warrior chick. Varrick is entertaining...but totally useless lol.

I just deleted the game instead of playing trespasser because the game too the choice from me and ended up with ending that make no fucking sense for me lol. Really poor system design and dev's bias.

Also lol,i laughed me ass off at how butthurt the devs were and constantly trying to shit on origins while cumming all over the second one. It was so petty that i genuinely laughed when imagined the face of the retard that checked out the data about how many people decided to sacrifice the retard from dragon age 2 and not the random character with 3 minutes screen time lol. I could just feel the butthurt dripping from every pore of the game,it was glorious :).

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Also lol,i laughed me ass off at how butthurt the devs were and constantly trying to shit on origins while cumming all over the second one.

Were your expectations not subverted in this deconstruction of the RPG genre, where fantasy and current year social issues are intertwined with a world where magic exists, but no gods!

The gods people thought had existed were actually just really powerful wizards. Oh and they were niggers too (elves).

iu

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:dealwithit:
Scraping the barrel really. Do you think that this was my go to game for a replay? It is just that i replayed everything else i feed like replaying before coming with that shit. As a time wasting open world game,it is not that bad. I already knew how shit the writing is,so i just spend 70ish hours running around and collecting elfroot while fighting sponges. The game looks fine,it is easy on the eyes.
That said....mate,there was exactly two new RPGs that came out this year!

lush visuals and responsive combat control

:nocountryforshitposters:
The visuals are fine,the combat is shit.

Baldur's Gate 3?
Is uglier for sure and the combat is TB.

but no gods
By the maker,a heretic!!! Burn it,fast before he spews more vile heresy!!!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Scraping the barrel really. Do you think that this was my go to game for a replay? It is just that i replayed everything else i feed like replaying before coming with that shit. As a time wasting open world game,it is not that bad. I already knew how shit the writing is,so i just spend 70ish hours running around and collecting elfroot while fighting sponges. The game looks fine,it is easy on the eyes.

Oh ffs. Don't tell me you had no other RPG to play. There are literally hundreds out there ;)

I'm playing DAI right now for the first - and probably the last time. Don't really imagine myself replaying it in my lifetime, the way I want to replay Arcanum, New Vegas, Witcher 3, Underrail (one day, when I make time). It's simply too bloated and with too little substance to make up for the bloat.

Still, I manage to get enough fun out of it to keep going: beautiful scenery, nice music, the main questline, companion quests, some of the choices you make. Probably it will all end in disappointment, but so far it's certainly not as bad as some of people here claim. 72 hours behind me, approaching the DLCs and then going straight for the endgame.

My favourite team members are: Varric (a truest bro), Dorian for his witty dialogue, Cassandra for the comic value, even the naive revolutionary Sera has some moments.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh ffs. Don't tell me you had no other RPG to play. There are literally hundreds out there
Yeah,have played most of them. This year i replayed MM seriese twice,same with the thief games,even 100% the nu thief. Replayed deusex,bloodlines,arcanum,all the king's bounty games,all the avernum and geneforge games,all the PB games,both drakensang and quite a few more. So when i say scraping the barrel,i do mean it :) .

Still, I manage to get enough fun out of it to keep going: beautiful scenery, nice music, the main questline, companion quests, some of the choices you make. Probably it will all end in disappointment, but so far it's certainly not as bad as some of people here claim. 72 hours behind me, approaching the DLCs and then going straight for the endgame.

Ahh yeah,the more you play the more you notice that it is illusion and you are just playing the jerk off of the writer. The early/middle part do feel pretty good about how you build up and being pro active,then the games goes retard and ignores all your shit. The main quest is really bad and clearly unfinished. The late/end part of the game really does take your agency from the first part and just wipes its shitty ass with it. That said the game is fine otherwise.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Oh ffs. Don't tell me you had no other RPG to play. There are literally hundreds out there ;)

Hundreds of RPGs, but they're all very different types for very different moods. if you're in the mood for a "blockbuster" 3D RPG that isn't Bethesda-esque then your list gets a lot smaller pretty quickly.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Hundreds of RPGs, but they're all very different types for very different moods. if you're in the mood for a "blockbuster" 3D RPG that isn't Bethesda-esque then your list gets a lot smaller pretty quickly.

Isn't your "Blockbuster" the synonym of absolute garbage?
Meaning there is plenty of them to play.

Otherwise, there's still plenty of great 3D cRPG (non exhaustive list)
Might & Magic 6 - 8
Wizardry 8

Looks like you have a high tolerance so let's add the average/good ones (idem)
DAO
Might & Magic X
FNV
KotOR 1 & 2

And then there's the mediocre and the not so bad ones i won't list.

But playing DAI is really scratching the bottom, let alone re-playing it, i'd rather start making my own cRPG than playing DAI.

lush visuals and responsive combat control

:nocountryforshitposters:
The visuals are fine,the combat is shit.

Baldur's Gate 3?
Is uglier for sure and the combat is TB.

but no gods
By the maker,a heretic!!! Burn it,fast before he spews more vile heresy!!!

The visuals are also shit. On a technical level I guess you could say it's nice, it's a good looking engine that's turned out some nice looking games not made by BioWare. But this weird fucking thing BioWare does where they're taking Matt Rhodes' cartoony art, and adapting it into a realistic looking style looks fucking terrible and off. It makes sense when it looks all stylized and cartoony, it made sense in Dragon Age 2 since that wasn't textured realistically, it doesn't make sense when you play it all straight and real.

And I like Matt Rhodes concept art, I like what he's doing, which is why I can't wrap my head around why Inquisiton didn't just look like the concept art if they made him the lead artist on the game. I mean it's not like Dragon Age 2 wasn't cartoonish looking, or at least stylized in a way. It's not like they couldn't have pulled off making a game that looks like a cartoon when it was developed. It's not like actually making a game that looks like Matt Rhodes' art wouldn't have gotten the visual aspect of the game vastly more attention than just being another realistic looking game.

Narax

Educated
The visuals are also shit. On a technical level I guess you could say it's nice, it's a good looking engine that's turned out some nice looking games not made by BioWare. But this weird fucking thing BioWare does where they're taking Matt Rhodes' cartoony art, and adapting it into a realistic looking style looks fucking terrible and off. It makes sense when it looks all stylized and cartoony, it made sense in Dragon Age 2 since that wasn't textured realistically, it doesn't make sense when you play it all straight and real.

And I like Matt Rhodes concept art, I like what he's doing, which is why I can't wrap my head around why Inquisiton didn't just look like the concept art if they made him the lead artist on the game. I mean it's not like Dragon Age 2 wasn't cartoonish looking, or at least stylized in a way. It's not like they couldn't have pulled off making a game that looks like a cartoon when it was developed. It's not like actually making a game that looks like Matt Rhodes' art wouldn't have gotten the visual aspect of the game vastly more attention than just being another realistic looking game.

One of the best things about DA:O and 2 are the gloomy dark aesthetics and the blood theme, it gave the series a distinct style that made them standout from other games, but unfortunately all of that was thrown out of the window in favour of the shitty over the top art style of inquisition, which feels like it was designed by a self-inserted teenage girl that wants to live in her dreamworld.

Vatnik Wumao
One of the best things about DA:O and 2 are the gloomy dark aesthetics and the blood theme, it gave the series a distinct style that made them standout from other games, but unfortunately all of that was thrown out of the window in favour of the shitty over the top art style of inquisition
Inquisition just fully embraced it, but the decline in art direction had already occurred with DA2.

Going from...
iu

to....
iu

Not to mention the over the top combat animations and the overall style of armors.

vazha

Arcane
Ahh just replayed it and it is sad how much they fuck it up. The general setting and lore is pretty nice,but the core writing and C&C is very poorly done,that will make most people butthurt by the end. Most of the C&C is hidden point accumulation by events that had nothing to do with the actual C&C. Most of the C&C options are also borderline retarded. The worst part is that the game makes you believe that you have options and then just ignores you and goes with its retarded choice. Most of the companions are just pointless garbage that exist because of writers feeling like fucking themself. Who the fucks want to play with a black leucocratic snob,two retards,a gay cow and a drab mass murderer. Tho your advisors and a few of the companions are pretty well done. At least you could make a decent team with the gay mage,the butthurt elf and the warrior chick. Varrick is entertaining...but totally useless lol.

I just deleted the game instead of playing trespasser because the game too the choice from me and ended up with ending that make no fucking sense for me lol. Really poor system design and dev's bias.

Also lol,i laughed me ass off at how butthurt the devs were and constantly trying to shit on origins while cumming all over the second one. It was so petty that i genuinely laughed when imagined the face of the retard that checked out the data about how many people decided to sacrifice the retard from dragon age 2 and not the random character with 3 minutes screen time lol. I could just feel the butthurt dripping from every pore of the game,it was glorious :).
Dont give a fuck about DA:I, but its nice to see that your English has dramatically improved through shitposting on Codex. Well done!

One of the best things about DA:O and 2 are the gloomy dark aesthetics and the blood theme, it gave the series a distinct style that made them standout from other games, but unfortunately all of that was thrown out of the window in favour of the shitty over the top art style of inquisition, which feels like it was designed by a self-inserted teenage girl that wants to live in her dreamworld.

DA2's design aesthetic is basically the same thing as Inquisition.

dragonage2_238826b.png

Dragon_Age_Inquisition_Concept_Art_MR02_WarHorse.jpg

Cassandra_portblog.png

DA2_Cast_Lineup.jpg

The thing is DA2 is completely stylized, and has a kind of painterly look to it. Inquisition on the other hand doesn't have a painterly look to it, and doesn't stylize the people while it does stylize their armor, and things like chains and objects in the world. The stylization of the two games is the same, it's just one goes all the way with it, and the other drops normal human looking characters into it and it just clashes.

I recently started playing this trash because it was on sale and I wanted to see how bad it truly is. DA:I really is just Dragon Age 2, but on steroids with a much larger scope and even trashier combat. Mike Laidlaw, Mark Darrah and David Gaider should be ashamed of themselves.

That is all.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I recently started playing this trash because it was on sale and I wanted to see how bad it truly is. DA:I really is just Dragon Age 2, but on steroids with a much larger scope and even trashier combat. Mike Laidlaw, Mark Darrah and David Gaider should be ashamed of themselves.

That is all.
But what's your opinion of the sex scenes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom