Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

ADL

Prophet
Wake me up when this shit inevitably goes to GOG

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Inquisition also has a long-needed jump button.
Needed for what? The only thing the jump button is needed for in Inquisishit (and The Witcher 3 (and many derivatives)), is getting out of the many quagmires the out of place open world design would eventually put you in, it makes BGS's crap third person gameplay look like some top notch platformer.
That... that was the joke...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
We probably played different games, I was constantly denied progress for lacking "power" or whatnot.

It definitely different from the first time I played the game, where I remember having tons of power and wondered why that mechanic even existed. If you ignore all the crafting, requisitions and whatnot then yes you do need to actually wait until you get enough power to do certain things. Still if you do the rifts, the camps, the companion quests and other things as you run into them you'll have more than enough. You'll also probably be more in line with the recommended levels too, which I remember always being way above on my first playthrough.

Yet another fussshite zombie who thinks color diarrhea is beatiful regardless of story and world building, if you enjoy minute long pauses as the game tries to load, going through a collectathon borefest is nothing.

No idea what you're talking about in regards to story and world building, they're exactly in the same standards in comparison to Origin, which is: generic and predictable. I wasn't a fan of the collectibles at all, but they're almost completely optional. On the other hand, give me Inquisition big and beautiful areas all day instead of Origins ugly ass corridors.

The bottom line is: the writing across the series is on the same level, it's retarded to pretend Origins was some kind of masterpiece in this aspect. Presentation wise though? Inquisition is LIGHT YEARS ahead because Origins and 2 used a shitty ancient engine while Frostbite still is cutting edge in 2020 and was properly used, unlike ME Andromeda.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I wouldn't play this game even if they paid me. It has many nice features and obviously the engine is top notch (the graphical design not so much, especially the characters), but it is just a chore. Gameplay is garbage, and it is tedius, full of busywork. The story is cringe too.

Just play Dragon Age 2, the best in the series.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The only thing I remember from this game, I think I tried it thrice?

The awful controls. No matter camera mode, no matter control method, it just felt shit to play.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The awful controls. No matter camera mode, no matter control method, it just felt shit to play.

Ranged characters play perfectly fine IMO. Melee characters feel clunky as hell to play, but I think that's more a mechanics issue than what the control inputs technically do.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I don't know why DA2 DLCs are expensive, but DA2 is definitely worth it. During my Codex exile last year i replayed both DAO (+expansion) and DA2, obviously now with a better PC than i had back then, all patched, etc, so i got the full experience this time. I got to say, people who put the original Dragon Age Origins on a pedestal are fucking idiots. It was trash, i FORCED myself to finish it. The first time i played it i ragequited (honestly mostly out of boredom) during the duel with that traitor usurper faggot, i don't remember his name and i don't care. So i still got pretty close to the end of the game. Next time i completed it. Oh boy, what a shitshow. The combat was boring and tedious trash. The story your typical bioware plot they keep using on (almost) every single game. The setting was your typical lord of the rings clone. The graphics were pretty shitty to be honest. It was bland-by-the-numbers-game. The expansion was even worse.

But DA2 was awesome and this time i replayed it in full D3D11 glory (i didn't have a D3D11 gpu the first time). The combat was much more fluid and enjoyable. YES, there were no tactics involved, and that was a plus in my book. DAO didn't have any tactics either, if you are being honest. But then again, people here consider the original Fallout as a tactical game, so.... I enjoyed the flashier spells (yes i roleplayed a mage, the only way you can enjoy Dragon Age series, other classes suck huge black cock) and the faster combat. Still, DA2 is not a combatfag game. Combat just exists, like in the Witcher 3. It was the story and characters that mattered more, and it was leaps and bounds ahead of the GARBAGE that was Origins. It was a somewhat original story attempting to present the evolution of the place and characters during different time periods, and it was a nice change of pace. It had more C&C than Origins did. The graphics were VASTLY improved and i liked the voice acting much more. I loved some of the sidequests too! The only real, honest criticism you can make is the recycling of the maps, but i suppose that was in some ways intended, since you are stuck in a certain place and just the time changes. Still, i don't understand why people complained much, Baldur's Gate 2 recycled maps much more than DA2, and no one complained.... BG2, outside of the main areas, recycled all random encounters and also recycled a lot of the interior areas. Exactly like DA2 did. But i suppose if you are an entitled snowflake and want to bitch about a game, you will find something to nitpick.

All in all, i don't think the Dragon Age series is any good. 1/3 games is good, not exceptional, just good, Origins and Inquisition are overproduced mediocrities at best. If you have to play 1, just play DA2. It is cheap these days and runs maxed on a cheap laptop.

Last edited:
I'll never understand the praise Origins gets, even here, the place that used to treat it as the garbage that game is, now uses it to criticize the sequels like it was any good just because it is old enough now lmao

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I'll never understand the praise Origins gets, even here, the place that used to treat it as the garbage that game is, now uses it to criticize the sequels like it was any good just because it is old enough now lmao

I will never understand it either. My best friend from college, an FPSfag through and through, he even designs game engines for FPSes these days, loved Oblivion and Dragon Age Origins a lot and argued with me during their releases that they are so great and i don't know what i am talking about, when i was the InfinityEnginefag of our class back then. LOL. For some reason some people got in love with those trash games. I couldn't stand it when people were calling DAO the BG spiritual successor.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

The Codex in 2009:

2009 winners:

1. Dragon Age: Origins
2. Knights of the Chalice
3. Risen

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom