Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Camel

Scholar
The Fade will be dark fantasy in DA4, always was, but it's not only thing in it.
Warp could be grimdark like it was in Warhammer 40k but we never experienced true danger of warp/Fade in DA universe. Bioware probably came closest to showing how bad the Fade could be in DA:O in the Mage Tower quest while DA2 was a clown show in how it portrayed the mages.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Stop unironically posting about playing this abominable game.

This is a threat.

images

New page, new reminder

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Also, the fact that Patrick Weekes is the lead writer for Dragon Age — a man who was Gaider's main disciple and who looks like this:

E1cnsarVcAIWSAe.jpg

It doesn't bode well. This is the guy who wrote the trans bitch in DAI.

Disgusting sycophant.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also, the fact that Patrick Weekes is the lead writer for Dragon Age — a man who was Gaider's main disciple and who looks like this:

E1cnsarVcAIWSAe.jpg

Disgusting sycophant.

He also posts shit like this about grognards and traditional RPG fans:

But I'm sure his next game will be fantastic.

Camel

Scholar

E1cnsarVcAIWSAe.jpg

Disgusting sycophant.

He also posts shit like this about grognards and traditional RPG fans:

But I'm sure his next game will be fantastic.

"(they/them) sodomy flag"
"Pronouns" and a sodomy flag surely convinced me that the next DA would be a great game indeed.
1544212179140770450.png

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
It's going to be a fantastic vehicle for third tier Edmonton creative artists to virtue signal.

If they manage to hide a game in there somewhere, they'll outperform my expectations.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Imagine having like, a topic like "intersectional feminism" in your twitter (professional?) bio. Like not even a title, like "intersectional feminist". Just a subject. Like my name is John Epler, I am a narrative director for Bioware's Teh Dead Wolf Rises, intersectional feminism, and I identify as a man. I am also a leftist. The intersectional feminism doesn't even make sense. Like if your bio contained "intertestamental deuterocanical period". Like, I don't understand what is being conveyed here. "I do not identify as an intersectional feminist, I am intersectional feminism. I am the conceit of the idea." I am sure women are cool beans with this guy identifying as the whole of the topic.

Anyway, these are the people who write 'narrative'-based RPGs. People who can't even convey an idea properly in a twitter bio.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Imagine having like, a topic like "intersectional feminism" in your twitter (professional?) bio. Like not even a title, like "intersectional feminist". Just a subject. Like my name is John Epler, I am a narrative director for Bioware's Teh Dead Wolf Rises, intersectional feminism, and I identify as a man
I get it now, it's all that feminism intersecting your bio.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Imagine having like, a topic like "intersectional feminism" in your twitter (professional?) bio. Like not even a title, like "intersectional feminist". Just a subject. Like my name is John Epler, I am a narrative director for Bioware's Teh Dead Wolf Rises, intersectional feminism, and I identify as a man

My pelvis identifies as an intersection for feminism.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

My pelvis identifies as an intersection for feminism.
Bro no it's a trap
Abort
Abort
Abort

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
I watched the entire thing, it's interesting for those of us who have played DAI.

It doesn't go into design or story at all, clearly not his department.

Sabotin

Scholar
Watched the video more or less.
Is it normal in game development to get deep into it before it's even decided what and how everything should be? For example it's said that horses were added later. Wouldn't the area designers need to know that before?
Also I find it funny they went to beg for an extra year to make the game bigger, and then it turns out it would've been better with a lot of the fat cut out...

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It sounds from the subtext in the early part that they had to waste a lot of time coping with passive-aggressive foot-draggers in the team - he actually sounds quite bitter about it, like he wanted to say to some people, "Shit or get off the pot."

Toss-up of course whether the foot-draggers were ultimately right or wrong, who knows.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This video proves so many worst assumptions to be true that it's hilarious. "How to make a shit AAA game: designing by comittee, phoning in features (the mounts, the useless fortress), hacking together some kind of story, lying to financial backers, and lying to players". Although he manages to explain their reasoning, that's what their development process amounts to.

It sounds to me there wasn't a single aspect of this game that anyone had a unique and defined vision about. "Marrying Skyrim to Dragon Age Origins" is not a vision, as he himself states.

We are left with the question how much of our money, time or energy is a product with this quality (and an entertainment product at that) really worth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom