Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
DLC1 seems short but is very good, DLC3 also promising - varied fights with different mechanics, like beginning of base game.
DLC3 is very good and quite long actually. Maybe twice as long as ruins if Limnis

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
DLC 1 gets real tedious real hard because there is basically 0 progression and you fight the same like 3 major enemies thorughout. It's nice that you get to play around with Level 20 ML 10 I guess but having no level progression + no meaningful item progression is kinda boring. The game basically just put everything in the shop and with gazzilions of gold you have everything is frontloaded. The DLC gives some nifty item like Attributes +10 for all physical/mental stuffs but overall it's pretty eh. Some nice item from beating the sekrit boss, but thats like last 10% of the game by that point.

Not to mention the enemy are all: 1. Immune to mind affecting 2. Will 100% pre buffed with freedom of movement this means it's just a massive brawl.

Erebus

Arcane
It's nice that you get to play around with Level 20 ML 10 I guess but having no level progression + no meaningful item progression is kinda boring.

While it's true that the one level you'll get in "Ruins of Limis" isn't going to make a significant difference (since you don't get access to new skills), there are quite a few interesting items you can get in that DLC. Many of them give their bearer the ability to use pseudo-skills : paralyze one enemy, use a flaming area attack, summon an undead troll, etc.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Is the German localization good or is the English localization better? Humor works better for me in my native language and I saw that this game got full German audio. Can someone comment on English vs German localization in Dungeon of Naheulbeuk?

Parabalus

Arcane
Is the German localization good or is the English localization better? Humor works better for me in my native language and I saw that this game got full German audio. Can someone comment on English vs German localization in Dungeon of Naheulbeuk?

I liked German more. You can also set audio and text to different languages and find your ideal mix.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm playing in German, but afaik the French one is the best. Unfortunately, I don't speak French yet, so I can't comment. There are some moments that got a few chuckles out of me in German, so I wouldn't say it's a bad choice.

Blutwurstritter

Learned

I liked German more. You can also set audio and text to different languages and find your ideal mix.

I'm playing in German, but afaik the French one is the best. Unfortunately, I don't speak French yet, so I can't comment. There are some moments that got a few chuckles out of me in German, so I wouldn't say it's a bad choice.
Thanks, I'll go with German then.

Aarwolf

Learned
I played at last DLC3 and my feelings are a mixed bag.

First 3/4 od the DLC everything is fine - fights are well done and quite challenging, the humour is the usual (I like it, not something stellar, but I smiled a lot), so for three out of four chapters I was having fun.

Unfortunatelly, the last chapter is real drag, and the DLC comes out of steam. The last battle before the two-staged boss battle ending the DLC is not hard, but is very, VERY tedious. Wave after wave after wave you have to chop through all the minibosses and their henchmen from the main game on an arena that is quite generic and uninspired. But ok, it's a battle of attrition after all, I can stomach it. But the final one... FFS, if your IQ is higher than that of average monkey, you'll know final boss' gimmick in no time and after that it's just a clickfest. No danger, no tension, just click-a-click-a-clickitty-click, at nauseum.

It's very, VERY disappointing and soured my, overall good, impression on this.

So, if you would play it, play the last fight on easy mode - not because it's so hard, but because it's so boring.

I would rate first three chapters solid 8/10, but the last chapter is 4/10.

Uncreation

Savant
I got to the last battle in DLC3 and the game just stops. It doesn't really freeze, since the characters say lines from time to time, like when you are taking too long, but it just doesn't start. I click "Start fight", i acknowledge the tool tip about Dlul's shield mechanic and then nothing happens. I can't interact with anything and it just sits there. My version is the latest one, so it should work. I heard that there wasa bug in this fight previously, but that it was fixed and it had to do with the bosses shield not with the fight not starting. I tried reloading a save from a bit earlier (from the fight with the head cultist), reinstalling the game, even downloading a Gog version, even though the version number is the same.
Anyone encountered this issue or have any idea. I like this game and i want to finish it. :?

I have it legit, but i also tried a gog version since i thought maybe it is different. It's the same version number, but who knows.

Last edited:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
I got to the last battle in DLC3 and the game just stops. It doesn't really freeze, since the characters say lines from time to time, like when you are taking too long, but it just doesn't start. I click "Start fight", i acknowledge the tool tip about Dlul's shield mechanic and then nothing happens. I can't interact with anything and it just sits there. My version is the latest one, so it should work. I heard that there wasa bug in this fight previously, but that it was fixed and it had to do with the bosses shield not with the fight not starting. I tried reloading a save from a bit earlier (from the fight with the head cultist), reinstalling the game, even downloading a Gog version, even though the version number is the same.
Anyone encountered this issue or have any idea. I like this game and i want to finish it. :?
What, the fight where
all the previous bosses come in wave to attack you
?

Yeah I had the same bug even after it was said to be fixed. Just reloaded the fight and finished it. Don't remember what exactly was causing the bug (somthin with an ennemy AOE's skill and positionning...) but I remember I found the clue online.

Uncreation

Savant
No, the fight with Dlul. I defeated the cultist leader, the guy who hired you in the first place and now it's the final boss. At this time there just a bunch of purple minions on the field, but i assume that's just the first stage. In any case, it just doesn't start. I click Start fight, i acknowledge the tool tip about Dlul shield and then nothing happens. It just stays like that.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What's the DLC like with this game? Do they take place during the main campaign? Post-game content? Things on the side you can do at any time?

I've been tempted to pick this game up when it's on sale, but it looks like the DLC never gets reduced.

Antigoon

Augur
DLC 1: Post main campaign, one new chapter, one new char level (up to 11)
DLC 2: Arena DLC, from level 1 to 11
DLC 3: Largest DLC, post DLC1, 4 new chapters up to level 16

Antigoon

Augur
I guess they are trying to set the tone for their new games with their latest/last patch. Straight up buffing everything.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/970830/view/3665415236004462402
Changelog - Last Orders Patch
Quality of Life:
  • Reworked pseudo-random to avoid consecutive critical failures.
    Critical failures are still bound to happen, but the dreadful "all my characters crit failed this round" is gone.
  • Added mouse wheel camera rotation
  • Added warning at the end of chapters 5, 7, 9 and 10 saying that you won't be able to come back if you proceed.
  • Changed default option for the random seed. It won't be saved by default anymore.
  • Added indications on the orientation of the demonic statues on the map when you possess the Demonomicon.
  • Added indication on the map for which bookshelf holds which collection
  • Added icons for dialogs starting secondary quest and advancing main quest
Balancing:
Balancing was reworked with two main objectives in mind:
- reduce the difficulty spikes in the early game (most notably at the end of chapters 3 and 4)
- bring more challenge in the later half of the game (most notably in the chapter 5, 6 and 7)

Randomia:
- In Story mode, the Randomia gauge is filled faster

Skills:
- Some skills are largely ignored in the game. We did adjust and/or rework some to make them a viable option when choosing where to spend your skill points.

The Ranger:
Tactic: Tortoise Formation
- Protection 2 -> 4
- Dodge/Parry 10 -> 12
Destabilizing Shot (and upgrades)
- Cannot be parried or dodged

The Elf:
Stabilization I
- Precision 15 -> 20
- Damage increase 10% -> 30%
- Critical chances 5% -> 15%
Stabilization II
- Precision 15 -> 30
- Damage increase 10% -> 50%
- Critical chances 5% -> 25%
The Cheer of the Wild
- Buff duration 2 -> 3

The Wizardess:
Wazaa's Whirlwind A (left upgrade)
- Now also applies a movement penalty of -1 for 2 rounds
Globe of Thorns I
- Damage reflection 15% -> 20%
Globe of Thorns II
- Damage reflection 25% -> 35%
Globe of Thorns III
- Damage reflection 40% -> 50%
Major Fireball A (left upgrade)
- Damage 200% -> 250%
Major Fireball B (right upgrade)
- Damage 80% -> 130%
Pronfyo's Swap B (right upgrade)
- Can target an ally

The Dwarf:
Dwarf Insult A (left upgrade)
- Taunt value was drastically improved
- Range 8 -> 10
- Precision debuff -20 -> -25
Dwarf Insult B (middle upgrade)
- Range 8 -> 10
- Now reduces Dodge/Parry by -25
- Do not reduces Protection anymore
Dwarf Insult C (right upgrade)
- Range 8 -> 10
For-Profit Defensive Maneuver
- Damage redirected 50% -> 75%
- Heals the Dwarf for 30 Health Points
For-Profit Defensive Maneuver A (left upgrade)
- Damage redirected 75% -> 100%
- Heals the Dwarf for 50 Health Points
For-Profit Defensive Maneuver B (right upgrade)
- Damage redirected 33% -> 50%
- Heals the Dwarf for 50 Health Points
Stone Stance I
- The Dwarf regains 50% of his Stamina on activation
- Parry 10 -> 15
Stone Stance II
- The Dwarf regains 100% of his Stamina on activation
- Parry 10 -> 30
- Protection given to adjacent allies 5 -> 10

The Ogre:
Swobok
- Taunt value was improved
Zougla Doulo
- Now also applies Fear to the target
Ploinkploink
- Precision -15 -> -25
- Increased range
Ploinkploink A (left upgrade)
- Precision -15 -> -25
- Increased range
- Damage 20-35 -> 40%
Ploinkploink B (right upgrade)
- Precision -15 -> -25
- Increased range
Regenerative Digestion
- Health Points per turn 2 -> 10

The Thief / Agent X:
Nervous Burst B (right upgrade)
- If all attacks hit, the Thief / Agent X now gains 50 Dodge for one turn
- Precision per attack -5 -> -20

The Barbarian:
Unable to read the requests to improve his skills, the Barbarian didn't change a thing.

The Paladin:
Jud'juddy's Succour I
- Cures the Frozen and Burning status effects
- Protection 2 -> 3
Jud'juddy's Succour II
- Protection 4 -> 5
- Area of Effect 3x3 -> 5x5
- Buff duration 2 -> 3
Jud'juddy's Succour III
- Protection 6 -> 7
- Area of Effect 3x3 -> 5x5
- Buff duration 2 -> 3
Divine Aroma
- Now grants a Damage increase of 15% to the Paladin
- Buff duration 2 -> 3
Divine Aroma A (left upgrade)
- Now grants a Damage increase of 25% to the Paladin
- Buff duration 2 -> 3
Divine Aroma B (right upgrade)
- Now grants a Damage increase of 25% to the target
- Buff duration 2 -> 3
Strength of the Righteous I
- Damage increase 10% -> 15%
- Now also grants 5% Critical chances
Strength of the Righteous II
- Damage increase 20% -> 25%
- Now also grants 7% Critical chances
Strength of the Righteous III
- Damage increase 50% -> 40%
- Now also grants 10% Critical chances
- Buff duration 1 -> 2
Sword of Justice
- No longer ignores Protection
Sword of Justice A (left upgrade)
- The Paladin regains one action point if the target dies
- The Paladin no longer regains stamina if the target dies
Steak Pals:
- Now grants 5 Protection to the Paladin when adjacent to the Ogre
- No longer grants 8 Support to the Paladin when adjacent to the Ogre
I got my eyes on you!
- Now grants 10% Critical chances to the Paladin when adjacent to the Thief / Agent X
- No longer grants 8 Precision to the Paladin when adjacent to the Thief / Agent X
Divine Fortitude I
- Renamed Divine Vigor I
Divine Fortitude II
- Renamed Divine Vigor II
Divine Aura I
- Renamed Divine Fortitude I
- Grants +2 Sprint
Divine Aura II
- Renamed Divine Fortitude II
- Grants +1 Movement and +2 Sprint

The Priestess:
Youclidh's Inner Peace I
- Buff duration 2 -> 3
Youclidh's Inner Peace II
- Buff duration 2 -> 3
- Range 5 -> 7
- Now grants +12 Health Points per turn
Youclidh's Inner Peace III
- Buff duration 2 -> 3
- Range 5 -> 10
- Now grants +24 Health Points per turn
Youclidh Slap
- Cooldown 4 -> 2
Youclidh Slap A (left upgrade)
- Cooldown 3 -> 2
- Damage 120% -> 130%
- Protection Debuff -5 -> -8
Youclidh Slap B (right upgrade)
- Cooldown 3 -> 2
- Damage 80% -> 90%
- No longer needs to be centered on a target
Youclidh's Protection
- Self heal when activated 25 -> 50%
Youclidh's Greater Glow
- No longer taunts the target
- Standard attack Range 5 -> 10

The Mintrel:
Refrain of Supreme Puzzlement
- Debuff duration 1 -> 2
- Now also applies a -10 Physical and Magical resistance
Disharmonious Ballad B (right upgrade)
- Protection Debuff 4 -> 5
- Now also applies a -10 Physical and Magical resistance
Bard Academy Survivor I
- Charisma 1 -> 2
Bard Academy Survivor II
- Charisma 2 -> 4

Debug :
  • Fixed case that allowed you to destroy your main weapon
  • Fixed weapon related stats (e.g.: +10 precision with a bow) not displaying correctly
  • Fixed damage over time triggering after charged attacks
  • Fixed Fear being able to put a hero on a stealth enemy
  • [Ruins of Limis] Fixed being able to explore the necromancers camp before choosing a side. Doing so would lead to the quest not being able to progress if you sided with the vampires.
  • [Back to the Futon] Fixed crash when some enemies were charmed
  • [Steam Deck] Fixed icons not properly displaying
  • Fixed other minor bugs

Last edited by a moderator:

Erebus

Arcane
Currently replaying the game with the last patch and the minstrel.

The final patch improves a few things, making some skills less useless and increasing the difficulty of several fights. It's nothing extraordinary, but it's nice.

I'd never played much with the Minstrel before. He's better than I expected. Some of his skills are pretty hard to use (conic AoE are awful), but he has some pretty good support skill : give a bonus action, AoE heal that doesn't affect enemies, regenerate endurance/mana...

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I finished the main game and I'm playing the DLC now. This game is way better than it has any right to be. It's hard to believe this game was created by the developers of Garfield Kart and Moto Racer 4.

Sentinel

Arcane
Bought this yesterday after I read some guy's post saying it's better than Knight's Tale.

Been enjoying it a lot but don't understand how the devs can fuck up every aspect of navigation. Controls, UI & character feedback are all wonky. Camera is centered on leader of the party, character will randomly stop before changing direction when moving, can't scroll minimap (have to keep opening the map menu). Also always dislike when dungeon crawlers don't let you insert custom notes on the map.

Thankfully so far they've nailed everything else. I even like the humor. Maybe I'm gay.

Sentinel

Arcane
Realizing that enemies seem to have unlimited consumables is making me regret my purchase. Fucking annoying bomb throwing assholes just spamming shit.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some are usable, but I'd take other passive skills over them most of the time. You rarely fight as a coherent party for long, you'll get the bonus for the first turn or two and then usually not, mobility is far more important than triggering the buff. That's not even mentioning enemies with large aoe attacks or debuffs.
Passives that require a squishy character to be next to a front-line character are too situational, you want melee to move and engage, and support characters far from most enemies because they get knocked out very fast. It's better for melee characters because they'll support each other more often, but even then if you can get a passive skill with a pure stat bonus (like +to hit) or one with a bigger bonus that requires a specific character's support, the one that works all the time is better.

Sentinel

Arcane
That's not even mentioning enemies with large aoe attacks or debuffs.
Yeah that's mainly the reason for my question. I'm up to chapter 4 and facing tons of enemies that just throw bombs at me and I'm wondering why I would ever want my dudes to be together. I was wondering if it changes at all late-game.

Thanks for the response.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom