Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

Hellraiser

Arcane
The battle with the three lichs and bunch of hell knights is kicking my butt

I just continued the main quest a bit more and went back to it a level up later. Still...

...If you have frost bombs use the thief with the upgraded bomb skill. IMO this is one of those fights in the game for which you save those and personally after that fight and the index fight the game's difficulty dropped in my experience. I don't know if you did the fight with the murdering books in the main quest, but those books are in general easier to beat since after you survive the burst they're out of mana and fairly simple to kill.

I think most of the early game encounters are more difficult than mid-game, FWIW, although there are some tough encounters here and there. I think most of the build stuff is fun to discover on your own but if it’s not obvious, Agility is pretty nice because it raises your accuracy as well as your dodge/parry. So a nice DPS plus durability boost.

When you get the Bard, Priestess, Paladin, take a peek/screenshot at their skill trees while they are in your party because you’ll have to choose one of them for the rest of the game eventually.

First turn, things will alpha strike the fuck out of you with their cool down based stuff so deployment is really important.

The chicken bombs are fun for making some mayhem and then trying to capitalize on it. They appear in the terrain, too. I would try them at least once, when you are fuxxored.

I’m playing on Epic difficulty, seems just about right, a few fights have taken 3 or so tries and many are close but I haven’t felt like oppressively save scumming for favorable RNG.

I just continued the main quest a bit more and went back to it a level up later. Still...

...If you have frost bombs use the thief with the upgraded bomb skill. IMO this is one of those fights in the game for which you save those and personally after that fight and the index fight the game's difficulty dropped in my experience. I don't know if you did the fight with the murdering books in the main quest, but those books are in general easier to beat since after you survive the burst they're out of mana and fairly simple to kill.

Yeah, I moved on and did more of the main quest and will come back. I think the lichs are level 8ish and my party was like 5 or so I think. You’re right about the main story at that point — not a pushover but if you plan around their alpha strike it’s more doable.

Antigoon

Augur
Am I missing something with these lichs encounters, or why do they so happily destroy their own units? Not just in the library, but also the lich on level5. Decimated their own team with the very first turn.

Am I missing something with these lichs encounters, or why do they so happily destroy their own units? Not just in the library, but also the lich on level5. Decimated their own team with the very first turn.

Beats me. The side quest lichs though I was referring to don't seem to devour the death knight guys, just the skeletons they summon themselves. But yeah, I remember one of the earlier fights, they were spanking me and then they just started killing their own mans, like Gandalf riding over the hill in the Two Towers

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Beats me. The side quest lichs though I was referring to don't seem to devour the death knight guys, just the skeletons they summon themselves. But yeah, I remember one of the earlier fights, they were spanking me and then they just started killing their own mans, like Gandalf riding over the hill in the Two Towers

I believe it has something to do with dispelling buffs. If I recall correctly I noticed the buff from the Ranger got dispelled on single characters after the Lich blew up their minions. Obviously though it's more of a help to the player when the lich kills a whole unit just to take away a relatively minor buff.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I think the lichs can cast corpse explosion or something similar on the skeletons and it does AOE damage when killing the skeleton. Problem is usually nothing is standing next to the skeletons so you don't notice or there is some random element to it, but I definitely saw it doing AOE damage a bunch of times.

Last edited:

Mystary!

Arcane
What's the deal with the golem goblin fight? Will the goblins just keep spawning unless you do something specific about it?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What's the deal with the golem goblin fight? Will the goblins just keep spawning unless you do something specific about it?

Nah, it's not Blackguards 2. There's just a couple of encounters with unlimited reinforcements and in both cases it's clearly explained what you need to do to stop them.
In the golems/goblins fight there are 2 (or was it 3?) waves of adds, but once you dispatch the golems everything else is just mopping up.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Not only is Naheulbeuk good, it even features a prestigious Codex reference. :M

7duqac.jpg

Bara

Arcane
Vaguely interested in this game. Is it good?

Of the rpgs releases in 2020 so far it's my favorite. I doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will change provided it actually releases this year.

It's no masterwork but it's one of those games that comes in just at the right time to remind you that newer rpgs can still be fun when your between games.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The humor is like Deponia where, you may not laugh because the translation is probably not all there, but it's still enjoyable just to be around because at least it's silly.

It's refreshing to just have a tactical RPG and not much big fluff outside of that humor. It does what it does fairly well and I think that is a win. Shit, this reminds me of another comedy RPG that was released years and years ago but it was a blobber. I forget the name, now...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/970830/view/2958263217266003867

The 1.1 Update is here!

Greetings, adventurers!

The biggest update so far from The Amulet of Chaos is here: Update 1.1!

We noticed after the game's release that, despite our testing and debug phases, several unexpected bugs had been encountered by players when they were playing.
This is why we decided to pre-launch the 1.1 update in a public beta: The Amulet of Chaos's players have the choice to activate the "Publicbetapatch1.1" branch on Steam to get the new functionalities right now, or wait until next week for the update to be implemented to the full game, with potentially a few corrections.

To all those who decide to try the 1.1 update tonight, we ask you to report us any bug you come across the same way it's been done before, by sending screens and context via mail here: bugs@artefacts-studio.com.

For technical reasons, this public beta will only be available for Windows users. Be sure to restart your Steam client so the new branch appears!
Access it by right-clicking on the game's name in your library > Proprieties > Betas > "Publicbetapatch1.1"

And now, the much awaited patch note:

Patch 1.1 (11/2020):
- The Ironman Mode is now available!
- Various save fixes:
- General: An option to disable the auto saves has been implemented (the auto saves are now disabled by default)
- General: It is no longer possible to erase an auto save with a manual save
- Combat: The game no longer auto saves during every round of combat
- Combat: When enabled, the auto save will be done every X minutes, X being chosen by the player in the options
- Exploration: No modification in exploration
- Resistances' effects
We changed the way physical and magical resistance were taken into account when calculating area of effect's damages. Before this patch, there was only one dice roll for all enemies, and their resistances were compared to that one score. Now, there is one dice roll per enemy. This should reduce the impression that a spell either works perfectly or doesn't work at all
- Additional Informations
- Saves now indicate whether they were done in combat or exploration, and if they are compatible with the game's current version
- Informations about physical and magical resistance were added to the character's information tab in battle
We also made more informations visible you can more easily plan combos including crowd control:
- Informations about buffs and debuffs' length were added in the inventory, the skilltree and in battle
We also made more informations visible you can get a better idea of some skills/spells/items' power
- Restart a battle
This functionality had been added to the Pause Menu during a battle and on the "Defeat" screen
- End of battle's appreciations
The different bonuses applied to your characters' XP gains are now visible and explained. In addition to this, your performances in battle will be commented by the party!
- Enhancement of the game's speed
Taking into account the community's feedback about the game being too slow, we've cut as much downtime as we could! You should notice visible ameliorations when interacting with an object while in exploration, and while executing an action in battle. The AI's reflexion time isn't affected by these modifications
- Letting you know when you're overcharged
One of the most frequent bug reports we got was not linked to a bug: if your party starts walking instead of running, it's just because your inventory is full. In order to stop the confusion, we made it much more visible when you're overcharged and are carrying too much weight
- The Born Leader achievement has been deleted
This achievement doesn't currently work the way we wanted it to, and a hard fix would be very heavy for the game and not really worth it. Given that only a few people unlocked it, we decided to delete it. For those of you who already unlocked it, we invite you to spread the legend of the mysterious 66th achievement!
- A lot of miscellaneous bug fixes
- Balance fixes (SPOILER ALERT)
- PC's stuff: The Thief's Boots (light leather version) now grant you more movement in every direction (not just while retreating anymore)
- Wheel of Misfortune: We slightly nerfed the wheel's buffs and debuffs
- Books: The skills' damages were modified
- Books: A bonus of magic resistance was added to the skill "Magic Reinforcement"
- Codex Lich: Courage nerf
- Barney: One mannequin that blocked the view has been deleted
- Drunk Barney: Drunk Barney now summons spiders with an adjusted level
- Team Mel: Mel now has 3 action points
- Team Mel: His sidekicks are now more resistant
- Guignax: The buff he receives at the beginning of the battle is now more powerful
- Zangdar: The damages inflicted to his shield by music has been nerfed
- Zangdar: Hit Points buff (except in Story mode)

jungl

Augur
The game is okay. The enemy ai is dumb. Lot of useless stats. Typical crpg difficulty where difficult at first but gear and stat bloat make you snowball in dmg/tankiness later.

Antigoon

Augur
Patch 1.1 (11/2020):
- Resistances' effects
We changed the way physical and magical resistance were taken into account when calculating area of effect's damages. Before this patch, there was only one dice roll for all enemies, and their resistances were compared to that one score. Now, there is one dice roll per enemy. This should reduce the impression that a spell either works perfectly or doesn't work at all

Some great changes, especially this part. This was indeed a major issue combat wise for me. Now they only need to implement the same changes for parry/evade.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nightmare, to experience the game in it's full splendor. Even in this case the 2nd half will become relatively easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom