Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I don't think it's at all controversial to say that Witcher 3's combat is better than Skyrim's combat. That being said, they're both dogshit.

Also unlike Skyrim, Witcher 3's combat can be salvaged through mods despite having significantly lesser modding capabilities

Is this a mod? The modder is a utter retard with a big ego. "In vanilla you whirl around like an idiot... *proceeds to whirl around like an idiot*. Witcher 3's combat is dogshit. It's not better than Skyrim with mods, stop lying to yourself. Skyrim can be salvageable. There is no salvaging stupid like W3.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
I don't think it's at all controversial to say that Witcher 3's combat is better than Skyrim's combat. That being said, they're both dogshit.

Also unlike Skyrim, Witcher 3's combat can be salvaged through mods despite having significantly lesser modding capabilities

Is this a mod? The modder is a utter retard with a big ego. "In vanilla you whirl around like an idiot... *proceeds to whirl around like an idiot*. Witcher 3's combat is dogshit. It's not better than Skyrim with mods, stop lying to yourself. Skyrim can be salvageable. There is no salvaging stupid like W3.

it is a mod. I dont know why that guy chose a video of a very old version before this mod underwent major changes. It doesnt really look like that now.

heres some better examples

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Do some people in this thread actually expect an incline? From Bethesda? Every game they make is worse than the one before. TESVI will be worse than Fallout 4.
I expect further decline, but it's always exciting to see how they go about it. Skyrim and Fallout 4 were pretty fucking shallow and brainless; what could Bethesda plausibly do to make it even worse? Remove character creation entirely?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Do some people in this thread actually expect an incline? From Bethesda? Every game they make is worse than the one before. TESVI will be worse than Fallout 4.

We are waiting because thanks to Bethesda some wonderfull content is produced !

Squid

Arbiter
Remove character creation entirely?
They aren't doing that yet. That doesn't impact gameplay too much. First we gotta get rid of skills and leveling up. Makes players feel too restricted and like they can't do whatever they want when they want to.

They want a great open world RPG right? What's better than letting you do anything instantly? You see that daedric heart and ebony ore? You can smelt that. You see that vault behind the emperor? You can sneak up to it and lockpick it at any time.

TRUE RPG FREEDOM! Skyrim was too traditional to the core of what makes a RPG for the average player. We need accessibility!

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Remove character creation entirely?
They aren't doing that yet. That doesn't impact gameplay too much. First we gotta get rid of skills and leveling up. Makes players feel too restricted and like they can't do whatever they want when they want to.

They want a great open world RPG right? What's better than letting you do anything instantly? You see that daedric heart and ebony ore? You can smelt that. You see that vault behind the emperor? You can sneak up to it and lockpick it at any time.

TRUE RPG FREEDOM! Skyrim was too traditional to the core of what makes a RPG for the average player. We need accessibility!

They should pull a rabbit from the Notch hat and just give players a whole bunch of assets to make their own game. Elven textures, Redguard meshes, and your very own plug-and-play dungeon kit, all for the low season pass price of $99,999.999. Besides, skipping all that writing and coding will give Bethesda time to start work on Elder Scrolls VII, which will be due for a 2056 release date if they get busy now.

Squid

Arbiter
What a good idea. You should send this to them. At least then we might be able to have a somewhat fun game.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I expect further decline, but it's always exciting to see how they go about it. Skyrim and Fallout 4 were pretty fucking shallow and brainless; what could Bethesda plausibly do to make it even worse? Remove character creation entirely?
The future of the Elder Scrolls games is Dark Messiah.

The future of the Elder Scrolls games is Dark Messiah.

Shit, if Elder Scrolls ripped off Dark Messiah that'd be incline, not decline.

RaptorRex888

Learned
I honestly don't expect them to change the system they have used from Oblivion and Skyrim - you do something - you get better at it, it's the most common sense levelling mechanic ever made that even a child can grasp, but of course it doesn't always work in practice, especially combined with scaled enemies. I do expect them to introduce that bullshit perk system from Fallout 4 though.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I honestly don't expect them to change the system they have used from Oblivion and Skyrim - you do something - you get better at it, it's the most common sense levelling mechanic ever made that even a child can grasp, but of course it doesn't always work in practice, especially combined with scaled enemies. I do expect them to introduce that bullshit perk system from Fallout 4 though.

Something will be changed that's for sure, as with every next Elder Scrolls they are dumbing down the mechanics, however this time the waiting gap is huge, it will be 10 years after Skyrim at TES VI release so MAYBE they will change their stance and there will be rpg mechanics? It's possible but highly doubtfull (seeing as f76 is pretty much a flop Todd might want to prove that he is still the 'open world rpg king')

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom