Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Do some people in this thread actually expect an incline? From Bethesda? Every game they make is worse than the one before. TESVI will be worse than Fallout 4.
I expect further decline, but it's always exciting to see how they go about it. Skyrim and Fallout 4 were pretty fucking shallow and brainless; what could Bethesda plausibly do to make it even worse? Remove character creation entirely?
The future of the Elder Scrolls games is Dark Messiah.

Shit, if Elder Scrolls ripped off Dark Messiah that'd be incline, not decline.
I really think they will. Each game they make has a bunch of RPG aspects removed from it, compared to their previous games. So it is fair to assume that eventually there will be no RPG left, which just leaves an action game. I think future Elder Scrolls will be all about Fus Ro Da-ing monsters into spikes and off cliffs or into barrels of explosive oil. If they focused on the action and removed all the crappy dialogue and miles of hiking, it would be pretty close to Dark Messiah.

But I think they will make so many mistakes in the meantime. I would put money on the next game letting you become a dragon. Because it sounds soooooo orsuuum broo000s, but the reality will be dull.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I think Todd will be #metoo'd, and the accuser will be a circus midget. A dangerhair whale will surface to take over BGS.

Luzur

Good Sir
once you become the king, the gameplay will shift to mount and blade style where you will be ruling over your kingdom and have an army with which you will be riding around to eventualy conquer whole of playable areas

No, this is an Elder Scrolls game. When you become "king" it will just mean that you get a room in the castle for you to keep your stuff in. There will still be an NPC in the throne room that sends you on quests to kill random NPCs as well.

This is why i dont like Bethesda's "BECOME BOSS OF EVERY GUILD" stuff in Elder Scrolls, shit doesnt change or matter anyway from being a ordinary grunt, except for that nice room to pile up dragon bones in, maybe even a dead-eyed wife which you cant fuck or knock up that sits at home, cooks you food once a day and give you less cash then what you find in an ordinary single dungeon run.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is why i dont like Bethesda's "BECOME BOSS OF EVERY GUILD" stuff in Elder Scrolls, shit doesnt change or matter anyway from being a ordinary grunt, except for that nice room to pile up dragon bones in, maybe even a dead-eyed wife which you cant fuck or knock up that sits at home, cooks you food once a day and give you less cash then what you find in an ordinary single dungeon run.

That's why all those autistic attempts to simulate real life are fucking trash. At the end of the day the meat-and-potato features of every good RPG are all gamefied - exploring, looting, levelling, fighting, solving puzzles - and always will be. Pushing RPGs in the simulationist/survivalist direction is a dead end.

Luzur

Good Sir
I'd guess Hammerfell and High Rock. That way they can go full "different" with the desert but also have some typical medieval shit in High Rock. That worked well for them in Skyrim, a little weird and a lot typical.

I wont be surprised if we get to play around in Hammerfell, High Rock and Alinor in one game, since Bethesda's Tamriel game world maps keeps getting smaller and compressed by each game.

Andhaira

Arcane
I honestly don't expect them to change the system they have used from Oblivion and Skyrim - you do something - you get better at it, it's the most common sense levelling mechanic ever made that even a child can grasp, but of course it doesn't always work in practice, especially combined with scaled enemies. I do expect them to introduce that bullshit perk system from Fallout 4 though.

Something will be changed that's for sure, as with every next Elder Scrolls they are dumbing down the mechanics, however this time the waiting gap is huge, it will be 10 years after Skyrim at TES VI release so MAYBE they will change their stance and there will be rpg mechanics? It's possible but highly doubtfull (seeing as f76 is pretty much a flop Todd might want to prove that he is still the 'open world rpg king')

Skyrim was releaed on 11.11.11. So right now its been 8 years. The Special/Remastered edition was released in late 2016.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I wont be surprised if we get to play around in Hammerfell, High Rock and Alinor in one game, since Bethesda's Tamriel game world maps keeps getting smaller and compressed by each game.

Ehh... I get why you're saying that, but It seems far-fetched to me since it's not a connected space. Maybe an island off Hammerfell though for DLC, like that one the Redguard game was set on.

Luzur

Good Sir

Ehh... I get why you're saying that, but It seems far-fetched to me since it's not a connected space. Maybe an island off Hammerfell though for DLC, like that one the Redguard game was set on.

as i said, that small island DLC will be the full nation of Alinor LOL

I really think they will. Each game they make has a bunch of RPG aspects removed from it, compared to their previous games. So it is fair to assume that eventually there will be no RPG left, which just leaves an action game. I think future Elder Scrolls will be all about Fus Ro Da-ing monsters into spikes and off cliffs or into barrels of explosive oil. If they focused on the action and removed all the crappy dialogue and miles of hiking, it would be pretty close to Dark Messiah.

But I think they will make so many mistakes in the meantime. I would put money on the next game letting you become a dragon. Because it sounds soooooo orsuuum broo000s, but the reality will be dull.

Skyrim was them leaving behind the RPG aspect for an action game. They aren't ever going to drop the open world, besides that being what the Elder Scrolls identity is, there are plenty of action games in open worlds already. Besides, if they dropped the open world in a mainline Elder Scrolls it'd hurt sales.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I think they can keep it open world as well as reducing the hiking, by letting you fly or at least move really fast. You could fly in the earlier games, sort of, but I think seeing as they have dragons in the game already, they will probably let the player fly at some point. Basically I think they will keep dumbing it down to the point that it doesn't even seem anything like an RPG anymore. I guess Skyrim was already like that, but still, I think they will take it even further because dumbing it down is what they are all about.

Last edited:
Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Here is my prediction:

There will be actualy a few areas that you will be traveling across, two or three, each will be the size of Cyrodill map from Oblivion, you will start as a 'nobody' building your way up to eventualy become the king/ruler of one of the areas, this part of game will be your typical Bethesda RPG, once you become the king, the gameplay will shift to mount and blade style where you will be ruling over your kingdom and have an army with which you will be riding around to eventualy conquer whole of playable areas, in the meantime Daedra or some other 'evil' will try to destroy you, so you will have to play on 2 fronts, on one side managing your kingdom, on other fighting other kingdoms/daedra.

The end of game will be once you defeat everyone or unite with other kingdoms and defeat daedra.
Then when wizards invent firearms and autofire game will switch to CoD shooter.

But truth is : IT Will be side scrolling 2d platformer where your created character must rescue Princess and collect Precious Deadra coins.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Todd said they have such advanced technology and ideas lined up for TES VI that if they showed them now, people would not believe them. :M

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Todd said they have such advanced technology and ideas lined up for TES VI that if they showed them now, people would not believe them. :M
Left button to hit, right button to block, and now middle button to kick!

iu

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
He and his wife Lady Nerevar both worked for TellTale, no idea what they're doing now that place is closed. They should be making their own TES killer with some other talented people. He's remembered for crazy metaphysical writings, and that had it's place, but most of MK's worldbuilding was terrestrial and gave the weird world believability. Imitators try and be weird for the sake of it, and TES has lost vision imo.

Beastro

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom