Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Ethics of Baldur's Gate 2 Romances

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I still haven't quite figured out what this thread has to do with ethics.
Literally on the same page -

Nobody is "bashing" BG2's romances, just noticing some weird implications. Like fucking your grieving step-aunt and basically an underage elf (by elf standards) submissive with emotional issues.

Delterius

Arcane
hi, i wrote a poem

post-16468-0-90459400-1446159414.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
[insert more images from that hentai comic book called BALDUR'S GAPE]

groundhog

Educated
This thread is starting to make me feel like one of the nazi soldiers watching the Ark being opened in Raiders of the Lost Ark. It looked attractive on the outside but now I wish I wasn't here, I know it's only going to get worse and I should just look away, but I can't stop staring...

Codex Year of the Donut
FYI there's two versions of the Imoen mod, the earlier one has the more hilarious dialogue in it. Not sure which one is being posted.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes! The finale to the Viconia romance could only have been written by a fag. And one with a very un-fabulously optimistic view of the world I might add!.

You mean this?

I thought it was rather suitable ending for her.

I'm pretty sure (it's been about 15 years) that I played the Jaheira romance on my first vanilla playthrough, and Viconia on a modded one - but didn't they change the write-up to the Bhallspawn launching an attack on Loth in revenge/regain Viconia's soul? That made more sense if I remember correctly. Whichever it was, I know that finishing a story is always controversial and unlikely to please everyone - but killing Viconia? It was too final. If the attack on Loth was included, it would at least have given the player the suggestion of an imaginary continuation - which to me was the greatest achievement of the saga - the idea of creating an alter-ego in the FR. A persistant character. Not multiple characters to be re-rolled with every game and expansion/DLC.
I think developers cock that up too often.

Shadenuat

Arcane
im trying to be classy here
I know there are multiple or at least 2 of those and one is actually quite sweet with modified extra memories akin to Irenicus cutscenes and one is notorious for, uh, nsfw content

I assume that is the second one :M

Shadenuat

Arcane
Nethertheless Jaheira is one of the more """""""""""realistik""""""""""" romances and her attitude is closer to not-comic level characters

Just unmemorise all healing spells and rest in Irenicus dungeon for 2 years

Yosharian

Arcane
Nethertheless Jaheira is one of the more """""""""""realistik""""""""""" romances and her attitude is closer to not-comic level characters

Just unmemorise all healing spells and rest in Irenicus dungeon for 2 years
Don't love-talk variables work off real-time rather than in-game time?

Strantar

Novice
The ghostly inclusion of a trademark sign bespeaks peak romance.
That's use of the wrong symbol setting in the translation files and use of non-ANSI that turns the *'* into weird symbols.
Not that it makes things better, it's technical ineptitude rather than intention.

Generic-Giant-Spider

ya but have you read the novels and how the pc has the hots for jaheira when she gets caught up in a web and a spider tears her clothes around her breast area

Okay, hey, if the heroes can strip gutted hobgoblins and leave their nude, gore-splashed bodies on the floor then I really fail to see what's wrong when ya boi tries to take some loot for himself.

Play Druid games, win Druid prizes nigga.

Delterius

Arcane
ya but have you read the novels and how the pc has the hots for jaheira when she gets caught up in a web and a spider tears her clothes around her breast area

Okay, hey, if the heroes can strip gutted hobgoblins and leave their nude, gore-splashed bodies on the floor then I really fail to see what's wrong when ya boi tries to take some loot for himself.

Play Druid games, win Druid prizes nigga.
did i mention that the woodshitting druid who probably eats bark for lunch is afraid of spiders in the books

Generic-Giant-Spider

I actually kind of like the idea of a nature loving shapeshifting druid being deathly afraid of woodland creatures. It's a great comedy pitch.

Cael

Arcane
I actually kind of like the idea of a nature loving shapeshifting druid being deathly afraid of woodland creatures. It's a great comedy pitch.
Watch Top Secret, starring Val Kilmer. One of the scenes near the end would put a new meaning to your post :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom