Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2021 - December 9th

Codex Year of the Donut
They are really trying hard to push this whole "experience" thing lately.. Why can't games just be games. :/
Because they hate games and gamers.
Stop supporting developers.

Lizard

Learned
Outside of RE8 and Metroid, I have no idea what any other GOTY contender was about.
WHAT DID YOU PUT ME THROUGH?

MV5BMjMwOTkxMjk2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY5NjUxOA@@._V1_.jpg

Omg she looks exactly like Dave Chappelle.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, video game industry is so much filled with man babies, even the scandals are lame, oh shock, Kotick wasnt going to leave his yatch to save miss Danger Hair from nerds farting on her desk or whatever retarded shit they do at Blizzard. Also, dont forget, a breastfeeding woman needed to leave a room and people made jokes during trannie education hour, mah God, I gonna die to such misoginy.

I have to say though, that the scandal is so lame, that I see it winning the Game Awards.

Ash

Arcane
I hate that these people think they have authority to give out game awards. I seriously wonder if Geoff even plays video games at all instead of pursuing money.
Aren't the primary nominations selected from a poll of game journos? We all know they're useless.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I hate that these people think they have authority to give out game awards. I seriously wonder if Geoff even plays video games at all instead of pursuing money.
Aren't the primary nominations selected from a poll of game journos? We all know they're useless.
I'm sure he plays mobile games. It's just not practical for him to bring his PC to the bathhouse.

lightbane

Arcane
Jesus, I have begun skimming this thing and it's still too much. Has Dragon Dogma 2 been show at least? Getting a game from spider would be a good consolation prize after what seems to be only freaks, trailers with no gameplay and nothing to show (a new record!) and... A fucking movie, in a videogame show, and it's Sonic 2 to boot, with Knuckles as a bad guy to boot (at least it's not Shadow, that would be too much cringe). Wait, make that TWO movies, lol.

Last edited:
What the actual god damn fuck did I watch? How did we get here? This sort of thing just made me disinterested in the past because the games they showed were generally shit but now it's full of crap that isn't even remotely related to video games (and the video games that are present still look like boring crap).

I guess the Dune 4X could be good, simply because its genre is "4X" (though they also said real time strategy, so maybe this means it's gonna be GS-style tick-based instead of turn-based, which would be major :incline:) however since they didn't actually show any fucking gameplay, I really can't know if that's the case or not. So for now I'll assume it's gonna be shit, which is my default assumption when someone doesn't show gameplay.

Venser

Erudite
lmao they gloss over quickly through awards like best strategy, best multiplayer game but the accessibility award takes the main stage? It's just some options in the fucking menu. They quickly mention Forza also won the best racing game award as they announced it won the accessibility award, as if the later one is more important. I can't...

I'm glad It Takes Two won the game of the year tho.

Codex Year of the Donut
lmao they gloss over quickly through awards like best strategy, best multiplayer game but the accessibility award takes the main stage? It's just some options in the fucking menu. They quickly mention Forza also won the best racing game award as they announced it won the accessibility award, as if the later one is more important. I can't...

I'm glad It Takes Two won the game of the year tho.
virtue signaling is an addictive drug

Dexter

Arcane
You people give them the "authority": https://variety.com/2020/digital/ne...20-viewership-numbers-livestreams-1234864828/

You could just go to sleep and ignore the retarded shillshow, not engage with it at all and maybe watch a Trailer or two the next morning, but at this point "gamers" might actually turn this into "the Oscars for Games" because they can't wait a day to see Drag Gaming Story Hour and that Trailer about the new "Stronk Black Womyn" game: https://thegameawards.com/news/the-game-awards-2020-viewership-increases-84
TGA2020_STAT-SHEET_WIDE_V1R1.jpg

Not to mention the retards calling for people to "participate and vote" as if they had any influence on the outcome at all.

Terenty

Liturgist
Shitshow as usual, but at least It Takes Two won smth, objectively the best game this year

Venser

Erudite

"Played" this last night. Was surprised how quickly you get over the wow factor and get bored but the CGI in this is definitely better than in some TV shows. I've seen the city backdrops in The Walking Dead that didn't loo half as good as this. While I was driving fast and crashing cars in the open world section, the framerate dropped to Cyberpunk on the last gen console levels.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom