Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2021 - December 9th

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
The one thing I noticed is NPCs aren't very detailed
that's because they're Metahumans. They're just generated characters out of Epic's tech.
I wonder if there's any link between this game and those terrible Matrix NFTs that are also just Metahumans.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
No divine spark in the whole industry.

Absolutely soulless and incapable of creation. The talent is buried by the satanic corporate bureaucracy.

Don Peste

Arcane
My Perfect Lineup Would Have Been . . .

Carmaggedon Heroes (4-player co-op FPS against green-blooded pedestrians)
Kane & L3nch: Taiwan
Die by the Sword skins for Dead by Daylight
Magic & Mayhem 3
Actua Soccer 2022 (F2P)
Screamer Rally Remake
Gunman Chronicles Finally Comes to Steam
They Hunger 2 Resumes Production
Gorasul Prequel
Chakan by From Software

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I just skimmed through the presentation.
What an absolute trash this industry has become. And if you look on the TGA video on their official channel especially at the comments then you realize that gaming is dead, not dying, not on life support, dead. Those comments are from retards or shills.
One of the top commenters even says that he's glad that gaming is mainstream nowadays, that such a nerdy hobby gets the attention it deserves. Motherfucker.
It's done, over. Fags, trannoids, actors, movies, orchestra, cinematic trailers, no gameplay.....this is what a gaming convention is? Fuck you.

Sunri

Liturgist
I just skimmed through the presentation.
What an absolute trash this industry has become. And if you look on the TGA video on their official channel especially at the comments then you realize that gaming is dead, not dying, not on life support, dead. Those comments are from retards or shills.
One of the top commenters even says that he's glad that gaming is mainstream nowadays, that such a nerdy hobby gets the attention it deserves. Motherfucker.
It's done, over. Fags, trannoids, actors, movies, orchestra, cinematic trailers, no gameplay.....this is what a gaming convention is? Fuck you.

I liked the orchestra, the rest gave me lethal amount of cringe :?

El Presidente

Arcane
There's an important piece of this puzzle you guys are forgetting, "gamers" are, to this day, absolutely incredibly insecure about their hobby and they crave acceptance and to not be labeled a nerd loser, and the industry insiders are no different, they don't wanna be the quirky uncle working on these silly things made for kids, they wanna be le serious adult artist. Hence such an event won't ever focus on showing in-depth gameplay videos that introduce mechanics, it'll focus on these hyper flashy CG trailers made for little Johnny over there to watch with the girl that's friendzoning him, so she goes "wow, look how realistic that is! OMG I wanna play that so bad!" (even though no gameplay was shown and she has never played a game in her life and never will). Then little Johnny will go "yeah, so awesome right. That's right, that's my hobby right there, Games, capital G. >:] "

It's also to show old moms too, they go "wow, those things you used to play, I thought they were just toys, look how far they've come".

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I skipped the orchestra parts, I could barely believe what I was seeing. Maybe someone will upload only the orchestra parts separately. I couldn't care less honestly. It's just cringe, bad, embarrassing.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
There's an important piece of this puzzle you guys are forgetting, "gamers" are, to this day, absolutely incredibly insecure about their hobby and they crave acceptance and to not be labeled a nerd loser, and the industry insiders are no different, they don't wanna be the quirky uncle working on these silly things made for kids, they wanna be le serious adult artist. Hence such an event won't ever focus on showing in-depth gameplay videos that introduce mechanics, it'll focus on these hyper flashy CG trailers made for little Johnny over there to watch with the girl that's friendzoning him, so she goes "wow, look how realistic that is! OMG I wanna play that so bad!" (even though no gameplay was shown and she has never played a game in her life and never will). Then little Johnny will go "yeah, so awesome right. That's right, that's my hobby right there, Games, capital G. >:] "

Did you come in a time machine straight from 1990?

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
I skipped the orchestra parts, I could barely believe what I was seeing. Maybe someone will upload only the orchestra parts separately. I couldn't care less honestly. It's just cringe, bad, embarrassing.

I had similar feeling one moment they are showing some guy with giants tits and mustache, 5 minutes later we get trailer full of dancing kids what the fuck

I think I've said it during the shoutbox watch-along, but it really is fascinating how distant the people who make those shows are from the viewers. I hopped through streams and chat was always filled with "??????". Not just disagreeing with the awards, that would be normal, but people having no idea where the videogames are. To be fair those events are for the press and we're retarded for watching them thinking it's for us. But still, it should be the gaming press.

dacencora

This is depressing :(

05EQJzQ.png
Shin Megami Tensei should have won, but it was too hard for the awards people lmao

El Presidente

Arcane
This is depressing :(

05EQJzQ.png
Shin Megami Tensei should have won, but it was too hard for the awards people lmao
lol @ Cyberpunk even being a candidate. You just know 100% for sure it's there exclusively because the Game Awards itself got very invested in hyping it, so even if it flopped they didn't want to backpedal, not after Keanu on stage and so on.

Edit: oh nvm that wasn't on the game awards, I really thought it was.

ferratilis

Magister
Don't know if it was mentioned already, but Psychonauts 2 was nominated in five categories, and it won jack shit. Tim Schafer must be in shambles right now. Or maybe he's celebrating, because he milked all that money for production from both backers and Microsoft and perhaps some Xbox exec is crying now because they didn't meet the company award quota. :D

But all joking aside, Psychonauts 2 should've won something, it was a good game.

El Presidente

Arcane
Don't know if it was mentioned already, but Psychonauts 2 was nominated in five categories, and it won jack shit. Tim Schafer must be in shambles right now. Or maybe he's celebrating, because he milked all that money for production from both backers and Microsoft and perhaps some Xbox exec is crying now because they didn't meet the company award quota. :D

But all joking aside, Psychonauts 2 should've won something, it was a good game.
Same happened to that new Ratchet game.

I'll say this though, that co-op game that won GOTY looks really fun and all in all I'm glad that won over Deathloop.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
This is the only year I have saw a game I know that will interest me, Space Marine 2. If it wasn't for the tradition of trying to spot the video games in the awards show my friends and I would never watch it.

ferratilis

Magister
Other than Space Marine 2, Evil West looks like it could be fun, but of course trailers can never be entirely trusted.

lightbane

Arcane
Read that one. It's disgusting. The more of the video I skimmed, the worst I feel. These dancing kids was straight out of that hideous movie with dancing children that was totally-not made for pedos, no sire.
When one hears that gaming became mainstream, you would think it was about normal people playing it, not freaks of nature, as well as the same hideous people of the past that were accused of being nerds and such gone worse over-time.

toughasnails

It Takes Two surprised me bc while it got fine scores on release I didn't notice much talk about it and it looked like it was forgotten p fast.
Deathloop earned its award for art direction imo, as did Arkane. And I'm certainly surprised by the number of interesting announcements.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
These dancing kids was straight out of that hideous movie with dancing children that was totally-not made for pedos, no sire.
Fortunately I missed that one but I did read about it somewhere. Wasn't there an asteroid coming our way? What happened?
Edit 1: This managed to be worse than any E3 in every way imaginable. The only thing missing was the Just Dance mental illness.

Codex Year of the Donut
Saw the part about them chastising gamers for online harassment.

My only response is this:
didyouknow-hatemail.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom