Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

TripJack

Hedonist
bundle is up now

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ Pretty much my feelings and it's the only game I don't already own/even vaguely want. Just looks like another hyper-generic tower defense game. Still, there's a bonus coming... wish I knew what it was and whether or not it's worth $1. Wonder if I could put in a penny, lock in the fact that I get the bonus content and up it to $1 for the keys if it is actually stuff I want.

Multi-headed Cow

Holy shit, Field Runners ISN'T worth a buck. I launch it and... There are no resolution settings, and the mouse ran super jerky in the menu. I checked the Steam forum, and the fix for the mouse issue is to plug in a gamepad. So I plug my 360 pad in and... The mouse works.

HOW IS GAME SO BAD!?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No worries. I'd say there's a less than 1% chance it is something I'd even be remotely interested in.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm thinking about throwing a buck just to get SpaceChem on my tablet.

Android bundles are dumb cuz the .apk is already somewhere for free.

Couldn't you say that about pretty much any game?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Speculation: Tiny Troopers was recently added to the Steam registry so perhaps it's the Android bundle bonus game?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Works with Firefox -- heard it might not work with Chrome. Anyway:

The Green Light Bundle launches August 23rd with 8 celebrated games as a ‘pay what you want’ sale
August 20th, 2012, Utrecht, The Netherlands
The Green Light Bundle puts eight great indie games into one bundle. Gamers can decide for themselves what price they are willing to pay for this bundle. The developers are doing so in the hope that their games will soon be available on the Steam Store.
The Green Light Bundle launches on August 23rd, exactly one week prior to the community driven approval system Steam Greenlight (TM) goes live. With Steam Greenlight gamers can vote for games they want to be made available on the Steam Store. By showcasing these amazing games the games will get the exposure needed to kickstart their Steam Greenlight (TM) campaign, and thus increasing their chances of getting onto the Steam Store. Everybody wins!
More about The Green Light Bundle
The Green Light Bundle celebrates the launch of Steam Greenlight (TM) by making these games available for both PC & Mac. The bundle is an initiative by Stolen Couch Games. Like many other developers they too have had trouble trying to get their games onto Steam. The launch of Steam Greenlight (TM) gives every developer an equal chance of getting their games onto the Steam Store. With the Green Light Bundle we wants to highlight some amazing games not yet available on Steam. As mentioned before the Green Light Bundle contains eight great indie games:
  • Ichi by Stolen Couch Games. Ichi is an easy to play but challenging one button puzzle game. Don't be deceived by the game’s simplistic look, it’s a brain twister for sure!
  • Paper Monsters by Crescent Moon Games. Dive into the world of Paper Monsters and watch a living world made out of paper, cardboard, and a few cotton balls unfold right before your eyes. Paper Monsters takes all of the classic 2d platforming elements, combines them with cutting edge graphics.
  • Muffin Knight by AngryMob Games. Muffin Knight is an action-packed platformer with stunning visuals and a myriad of fairytale characters, each with their own unique abilities which gain strength as you advance.
  • Guerrilla Bob by AngryMob Games. Get your finger on the trigger and prepare to fire! Guerrilla Bob is an action-packed shooter game with stunning visuals, plenty of kick-a*s weaponry, unique enemies, explosive ammunition and non-stop humor.
  • Samurai II Vengeance by Madfinger games. Become a wandering samurai in the ancient Japan during chaotic times of war. As Daisuke Shimada set yourself on a quest for revenge across the war-scorched countryside. From a seafaring village to a flying fortress to the legendary Isle of the Dead, the samurai will stop at nothing to hunt down his arch-enemy Orochi.
  • Syder Arcade by Studio Evil. Syder Arcade is a multi directional side scroller shoot ‘em up. A love letter to early 90’ games for the Amiga and PC. It’s an uncompromised old-school experience, a furious, challenging action game that will bring the player back in time, when games were all about skill and perseverance.
  • Dino Run SE by PixelJam. Strap on those raptor feet, grab your hat and get ready to out run doom in this prehistoric racing game.
  • Gunman Clive by Bertil Hörberg. In the year of 18XX, the west is overrun by thugs and outlaws. A group of bandits have kidnapped Mayor Johnsons daughter and are spreading havok across the land. Only Gunman Clive can bring order to the west and save the girl!

Multi-headed Cow

Not live yet? Went to the groupees webpage and it's still showing the old one.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just the preview video is up now. That said, none of those really interest me.

Multi-headed Cow

For the most part they don't interest me either, but I don't own any of them and it's a dollar, so :kfc:

And I am mildly interested to look at Revelations.

kazgar

Arcane
revelations looks terribad, but could be lulzy for $1.

mario kart ripoff could be ok if works.

Oh, and LAXIUS FORCE

laxiusforce0.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Dodged a $1 bullet. The bonus content on the Android bundle is just the last Android bundle.

Multi-headed Cow

Summoning Secretninja to see if he wants my key. I checked your list and the only game out of the bunch you don't have is Edge, so... Want the key for Edge?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom