Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Multi-headed Cow

That's the problem though. If it was Unepic on Steam I'd probably just go for it for two games for $5ish. DESURA GAMES AIN'T NO GAMES AT ALL.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

original.jpg

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
$5 for Geneforge? Sure, I'll bite. Puzzle Agent is great as well, can't comment on the others.

mck

Cipher
Will be picking that up for sure if that's accurate.

Are they ever going to do anything with Galapoints?

Multi-headed Cow

This music doesn't activate on Steam! Just what are you trying to pull, Humble Bundle?

(bought it for a penny anyway though i doubt i'll listen to any of it. supposedly it costs them more than a penny to accept a penny payment so i feel i did good)

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
That Geneforge bundle is a really good deal. I just got done playing through the Geneforge saga from start to finish (although I did take breaks to play other things), and it had some low points (Geneforge 3), but the highs are really high. Geneforge 5 is one of my favorite RPGs ever, actually. It has 5 different political factions in the game, each with their own story lines and quests, so it's really fun playing them all off of eachother in different ways (if you keep your reputation just right, for example, you can join and betray them all one after another). You can also do stuff like that in G1 and G2, but G3 and G4 are less faction focused (G4 is still a good game, despite having only 3 factions, but G3 kind of sucks).

I'd say give them a try even if you hate Avadon and Avernum as they are very different. Avernum has always kind of been watered down Ultima and Avadon is very much a 2D turn based Bioware game, but the Geneforge saga plays much more like Fallout (only with a larger focus on combat).

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Fuck, Geneforge saga is up for 5 Euro when I don't have any money. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
i'll probably try to find one on cag once the happy hour thing is up

Yo, if I can't manage to find my way into one can you get a second gift copy for me. Most of the CAG'ers are 'Paypal or nothing' and I don't use Paypal. I could give you a $2.50 Steam game or a $3 GOG game (w/e is on sale this weekend) in exchange. Or an Amazon credit code.

Or Bruticis or one of you other hidden RPG Codex CAG'ers~

Bruticis

Sorry, Metro, didn't see your message in time and just got it for myself. I don't like messing with the CAG group stuff, too much trouble. I'll hold off next time a bundle comes up and see if we can get a group going ourselves. I'm always down with Steam gifts.
Jack, I assume he doesn't use Paypal because they are horrible thieving scum (but sadly, I use it myself).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
sure i can probably do that

but why don't you use paypal?

Cool, thanks. And yeah, I meant when one of the CAG guys does a massive happy hour purchase and sell them off for $2 or whatever. Just a bit harder for me to explain how I don't have a paypal account and try to negotiate other means of payment.

I don't really have any aversion to Paypal I just don't have an account. I think I went to set one up a while ago and couldn't tie it to a credit card for verification or whatever or couldn't transfer funds from the card to the actual account so I just never bothered with it again.

Kitako

Arcane
Got the pack yesterday, I was baffled by the payment method too. I tied my google account (which I use just for the email) to credit card, and it was rather simple and painless, contrary to Paypal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom