Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

TripJack

Hedonist
24 games to choose from and not one of them seems to be worth choosing
:killit:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, hopefully they finally launch the Humble Bundle today (I saw a rumor that Terraria might be in it). Also the next Indie Royale should start soon... maybe it'll be the first one I buy!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Demise: Ascension is a great dungeon crawler. Devil Whiskey is fine too. Personally I'm tempted to buy this bundle for Telepath RPG, which I haven't played yet.

Don Peste

Arcane
I don't see the ALL GAMES option. How am I supposed to add to the games I've bought but won't get round to playing for another year or two (or ever)?
They said it will be added soon.

This one looks better to me than most IndieRoyale or IndieGala bundles. AirBuccaneers (good chance to get it cheap), Survivors of Ragnarok, Tiny and Big, Project Black Sun... Well, I'm interested in at least 9 of them.

Multi-headed Cow

Damn. Was staring at the Indiefort list trying to figure out what I wanna grab, and I've come up with the following definites (Demise Ascension and Dark Scavenger) and the following maybies (Black Market and Devil Whiskey). Not enough to make me wanna grab a 6 game pack (None of them activate on Steam!) but now I'm not sure what I wanna do.
Not an edit: Though after writing my blurbs below that straightened my thoughts out a bit, so probably gonna skip Devil Whiskey. I guess. Maybe.

Most definitely Demise Ascension, main reason I'm picking this up. Doubt I'd ever actually finish it given how big the game sounds but from what gameplay videos/tutorials I've seen it looks really kinda cool. Skipped the first Gamersgate bundle with it and have since changed my mind.

Dark Scavenger sounds odd and is pretty tempting. I know it's listed in Greenlight, but what the hell. Strange setting and some combination of adventure game and RPG with turn based combat or some crap. Not as pumped for it as Demise but it looks interesting.

Black Market looks like a fairly simple space trading/fighting/piracy style game but well made. Probably nothing I'd be crazy about but looks like something I'd play a while.

And then finally Devil Whiskey. Possibly the one I'll end up skipping since it looks even more hardcore oldschool RPG than Demise Ascension. I'm interested but I'm really not sure I'd have the fortitude for it with my declined taste in videogames.

Really an edit: Went Demise, Scavenger, Whiskey. I've got other similar games available to Black Market (And shit, FTL), and if I'm really REALLY desperate to play it I see it's available from inventories. To not be taken from. Unlike the other three games. And even if Whiskey's too much for me I probably will be able to wring $4 of entertainment from the other two games unless things go awry.

Second edit: Fuck! Just finished my order and now Gamersgate tells me they ran out of Demise Ascension keys so I can't play! THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ANYONE!
Supposedly they'll be getting more. Hopefully because that's the whole reason I bought the damn bundle.

Bruticis

Gaben is watching you, scooped down and bought all the keys. Don't try to turn away from Gaben again.

Multi-headed Cow

Decklin's support supplied me with a new key quickly. :bounce:
Gamersgate says they're still out, however.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I picked up Demise and Devils Whiskey and Telepath to make up the numbers. Couldn't find a decent 'free' version of Demise to test it and the RRP scared me off until now but for this price fuck it. GG will get any keys needed so I'm not worried.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Poopies Build a Bundle 3 is live: http://groupees.com/bab3 Couple of Greenlight games on their and according to a post on CAG the Groupies guys said you'll get Steam keys for any game that subsequently makes it. Might pick up Omegalodon and 99 Levels for $1.50.

TripJack

Hedonist
99 levels to hell looks kind of interesting

secret of the magic crystals too :M

Multi-headed Cow

5 Steam games I don't have for a buck? I'm in. I guess. Not sure I'll really play any of them but I have to make sure Bruticis doesn't overtake me.

Edit: Wait a minute, it's $6 minimum for everything but Brawe which I already have. Not sure I wanna spend $6 on this shit. In fact I'm pretty sure I don't.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
5 Steam games I don't have for a buck? I'm in. I guess. Not sure I'll really play any of them but I have to make sure Bruticis doesn't overtake me.

Edit: Wait a minute, it's $6 minimum for everything but Brawe which I already have. Not sure I wanna spend $6 on this shit. In fact I'm pretty sure I don't.

But what about Bruticus? He's laughin' at you man, sayin' you gonna be his bitch!

Multi-headed Cow

I dunno. I can only buy so many horrible indie bundles before I start to choke on my own vomit. At a dollar I'd be happy to buy a lot of crappy games I'd likely never play. At $6 it gives me pause.

Apparently Groupees is going to be doing a Winter Wolves bundle sometime here too, for all your dating-sim needs. http://groupees.com/ww

Bruticis

Yeah this groupees shit is pretty horrible indeed.
No, it isn't. It has Secret of the Magic Crystals, which itself is worth a lot more money, I recommend buying it.
Kony, isn't that the game you gifted me? If so, I too highly recommended! There's a lot of C&C, questing, stats, all the cornerstones of a good CRPG.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Blah blah blah Indie Royale Bundle up with Swords and Soldiers, Lunar Flight, Sequence, and some other anime faggotry.

Overboard

Arcane
indiefort platinum pack (all 24 games) is available now for $20

Ah fuck em, if they'd had that option earlier I would've gotten more of the games shit that they're offering, now I'm not bothered.

Also the reviews for Project Black Sun are hilarious, all the below average ratings are because people find the game too hard.

Blah blah blah Indie Royale Bundle up with Swords and Soldiers, Lunar Flight, Sequence, and some other anime faggotry.

Another load of rubbish.

Turjan

Arcane
I dunno. I can only buy so many horrible indie bundles before I start to choke on my own vomit. At a dollar I'd be happy to buy a lot of crappy games I'd likely never play. At $6 it gives me pause.
I should have done the same. I bought four of these games, and I even regret the $0.75 per game I paid.

Apparently Groupees is going to be doing a Winter Wolves bundle sometime here too, for all your dating-sim needs. http://groupees.com/ww
It seems to be live now... :troll:

Turjan

Arcane
Dark Scavenger sounds odd and is pretty tempting. I know it's listed in Greenlight, but what the hell. Strange setting and some combination of adventure game and RPG with turn based combat or some crap. Not as pumped for it as Demise but it looks interesting.

Really an edit: Went Demise, Scavenger, Whiskey.
So, how did Dark Scavenger turn out? Is it worth it? I want to buy Demise, but I am unsure about the rest and need at least two more games. I already have Devil Whiskey, Cardinal Quest and Black Market.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom