Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Multi-headed Cow

Dark Scavenger sounds odd and is pretty tempting. I know it's listed in Greenlight, but what the hell. Strange setting and some combination of adventure game and RPG with turn based combat or some crap. Not as pumped for it as Demise but it looks interesting.

Really an edit: Went Demise, Scavenger, Whiskey.
So, how did Dark Scavenger turn out? Is it worth it? I want to buy Demise, but I am unsure about the rest and need at least two more games. I already have Devil Whiskey, Cardinal Quest and Black Market.
No idea, still haven't gotten to it. Playing tons of other dumb shit first, I just wanted to grab it to play eventually. If you've already got Devil Whiskey and Black Market then Dark Scavenger's proooobably a decent choice for a "What the hell" option, sounds unusual enough to probably be ok for the $1.30 of its share just to get a look at it. Supposedly strange setting and writing and some C&C in individual encounters if not the overarching story.
For your third game ('cause you didn't ask for recommendations but I'M GIVING THEM ANYWAY I'M A LOOSE VIDEOGAME CANNON) Tiny and Big might be alright if you're ok with a non-Steam version of a game that's on Steam. Saw the Giantbomb video of it, kinda simple (And apparently short) but the gimmick looks fun.

And yeah, that Indie Royale is decent only for Lunar Flight and Swords and Soldiers. Lunar Flight which is pretty great, and Swords and Soldiers is kinda ok. Couldn't comment on the quality of the animes because ANIMES. Lunar Flight is apparently going to be getting a free (?) Mars update here in the future too.

Turjan

Arcane
For your third game ('cause you didn't ask for recommendations but I'M GIVING THEM ANYWAY I'M A LOOSE VIDEOGAME CANNON) Tiny and Big might be alright if you're ok with a non-Steam version of a game that's on Steam. Saw the Giantbomb video of it, kinda simple (And apparently short) but the gimmick looks fun.
Good suggestion. Incidentally, this topped my list of games for the two slots. The game principle sounds interesting enough.

And yeah, that Indie Royale is decent only for Lunar Flight and Swords and Soldiers. Lunar Flight which is pretty great, and Swords and Soldiers is kinda ok. Couldn't comment on the quality of the animes because ANIMES. Lunar Flight is apparently going to be getting a free (?) Mars update here in the future too.
It's not only animes. Qlione makes Elite look advanced. It's a bit sad when an extended "Angry Birds" clone (Cute Things Dying Violently) seems to look the most interesting.

TripJack

Hedonist
Humble bundle 6 steam subs updated with games:

Shatter
Torchlight
SPAZ
Rochard
Vessel
and Dustforce if you beat the average

crap

Multi-headed Cow

I already have all them vidiergames except Vessel and Dustforce. I guess I may beat the average just for those two 'cause I was waiting for them to hit an indie bundle anyway, probably end up being $3 each or something.

Edit: Really good bundle though. Shatter's pretty great, Torchlight's good, SPAZ is pretty decent, Rochard's ok, and Vessel and Dustforce both look interesting.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Go figure it would launch the day I was at a conference all day and couldn't get away to check at noon. Well, good thing is I have no interest in Dust Force so I'll just pay $1 for the rest. For those that don't already own it Torchlight is certainly worth the $1 although keep in mind TL2 is a total replacement for it, i.e., there's no point in playing TL1 if you're going to buy TL2.

Bruticis

Thanks TripJack for the broday present (even if I had all of them except one). As promised, I won't kick you from CDS for a week nor make fun of your shitty sports team tastes!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also Indie Gala hinted a few days ago they'd have a new bundle launching (with Steam games) in a couple of days. Currently they've cleared the old bundle off their site so it could be going live soon (they're in Italy so the launch time will probably be centered around European time).

kazgar

Arcane
Only one I had is torchlight, so got a beat the average for $5.50, should put me in good stead in case they add anything else. Should be worth it for Shatter and SPAZ.

GAMEZ!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's already a bonus entry. Curious as to what it could be.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't have a single one of these titles, and three of them interest me.

Even so, I'm gonna wait and see what else gets added.

TripJack

Hedonist
Also Indie Gala hinted a few days ago they'd have a new bundle launching (with Steam games) in a couple of days
some super sleuth discovered the games in the upcoming bundle listed in the page source:

Battlegroup
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
Alien Breed 2-3 (steam)
Broken Sword 1-3 (steam)
Worms (steam)
Worms Blast (steam)
Worms Pinball (steam)
Worms Crazy Golf (steam)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Just put in for a dollar now. If you want the additional games you'll have to beat the average if you don't 'reserve the price' before they go live. You can always add more if you want. If three titles interest you that's $0.33 for each.

Indie Gala bundle is live now, $5 bucks for the whole thing.

If you post on CAG -- don't forget to wait to get in on a happy hour! It'll be like $1.50ish for the entire thing. That said, none of these games really interest me (sorry, Broken Sword, but my enjoyment of adventure game has waned over the last decade or so).

Bruticis

Just put in for a dollar now. If you want the additional games you'll have to beat the average if you don't 'reserve the price' before they go live. You can always add more if you want. If three titles interest you that's $0.33 for each.

Indie Gala bundle is live now, $5 bucks for the whole thing.

If you post on CAG -- don't forget to wait to get in on a happy hour! It'll be like $1.50ish for the entire thing. That said, none of these games really interest me (sorry, Broken Sword, but my enjoyment of adventure game has waned over the last decade or so).
Ugh, I already forgot (AGAIN). Oh well, 5 bucks to pad my steam count with the crappy worms game isnt so bad. Plus I gave the scraps to the CDS dogs. Looking forward to skyways impressions of Broken Sword any day now.
:troll:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS BOUGHT THREE INDIEFORT GAMES AND THE NEW HUMBLE AND GALA DEALS FOR A DOLLAR BROS I HAVE SO MANY SHIT GAMES LOLOLOL

THE HUMBLE BUNDLE WOULD BE AWESOME IF I DIDNT ALREADY OWN SPAZ

TripJack

Hedonist
bonus added to hib: bit.trip.runner, gratuitous space battles, jamestown, wizorb

not what i was hoping for

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sort of sucks because I want Wizorb but have the others -- since it's one key they just up and vanish in the interweb ether.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm sure it's intentional in that they don't want people trading individual keys.

Bruticis

That's why I intentionally shaft those mother....ah who am I kidding, I buy all the indie shit to try to catch the cow.

Multi-headed Cow

You probably will eventually. My will is faltering, there have been a few recent indie bundles I didn't buy because they seemed too terrible to even spend a few dollars on.

Multi-headed Cow

No no, they did. Hell, and I even bought the bundle with Demise Ascension in it which was 0 Steam keys!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS HUMBLE BUNDLE LIKES ME I DONATED MORE FOR THE FUCK OF IT AFTER THE BONUS AND GOT A NEW SET OF KEYS EVERYTHING BUT DUSTFORCE I THINK THEY SHOULD WORK ENJOY WHATEVER BROS GET IT

IBI9Z-W0BPL-LT08C

04AFI-0NLT6-HXPI7

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom