Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Don Peste

Arcane
https://indiegamestand.com/

Escape Goat: $1 to get a precious Desura key, beat the average to get some extras, $10 to get Chester and a third Mystery Game.

03.PNG

Looks fun, and you have a rat companion!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Another new Indie Royale: Hector Badge of Carnage, Adventures of Shuggy, Chime, Dangerous Highschool Girls in Trouble, and The Network. Meh.

Multi-headed Cow

That one's not too bad. Hector's a not entirely shit point and click (Though I only played episode 1 so far), Chime's a decent enough shape stacking puzzle game, and Dangerous Highschool Girls in Trouble is something.
Dunno about Shuggy but it looks alright. Since it's the only one I don't own I'll probably try scrounging up a key for it somewhere.

Also, "Cortex Command Steam Key" thanks Humble Bundle.
:love:

Multi-headed Cow

Also, "Cortex Command Steam Key" thanks Humble Bundle.

Do they just automatically add it or is it on the HB page?
On the HB page as a new individual key.
Damn it, why isn't on my page??? I only see the original download, no steam key on my page.
Crisis averted, I found it! Thanks MHC!
OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE. Speaking over an open channel like this. Loose lips raise Steam accounts!
:mhd:

Messed with the new version a bit. It's still 99% the same Cortex Command it was when that damn Humble Bundle launched, but the campaign actually looks kinda fun. Controls are a bit awkward and will take some getting used to since you kinda wanna automate a fair chunk of your units, but the combination of the world map and your global gold makes things a bit interesting. Basically it's a mad dash for land at the start, then as you get gold you can start building bases. And the maps are persistent for the whole campaign so all destruction/corpses/litter will last for that whole game.
And the biggest improvement, you can automate base building and there are presets for units. Both of which were horrendously fiddly and micromanagey. Sometimes you just want the game to spit out bases and generic troops for you!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A somewhat interesting Groupees will be launching soon and gave a teaser to some of the games:

People are fairly sure Stranger's Wrath, Tropico 3, and Armored Princess (only one I can definitely recognize) are three of them.

mck

Cipher
Another definite one is Neo Scavenger, but it won't be a steam key.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Usually these Greenlight guys will add a Steam key if they get accepted later. The McPixel guy did.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I really, totally, unironically, loved "Dangerous Highschool Girls in Trouble." I got it in a sale a while back in a "WTF is this?" moment of weakness.

Its gameplay elements get a bit repetitive at times, but the writing's pretty good, it has a decent sense of humor, the simple boardgame layout is kind of charming, and role playing as a catty highschool bitch from the 1920s was way more fun than I thought it would be. Plus it does have lite RPG elements (e.g. building a "team" and developing their stats), but it's pretty lightweight as an RPG. The appeal is more in the storyline and humor.

My only regret was that there isn't someone narrating your every move in a old timey, 1920s, newsreel guy, voice. That would have been awesome.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah they've been selling games individually with new ones every four days or so.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, based on the reviews it's a dumbed down DF clone, which is better than the original because UI isn't confusing and it doesn't kill you at the beginning :M I guess I can threw five dollars at the developer and check it out myself.

Don Peste

Arcane
Desura does a few things better than Steam. Downloadable binaries, so you can quickly play wherever you want, user reviews and scores, plus lots of interesting indies.​
It's a Hipster Steam.​

Multi-headed Cow

It was also a fucking nightmare the one time I tried to use it to download something. DEATH TO DESURA, ALL GLORY TO THE GOD-GABEN :x

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
More details on the new Groupees bundle:

$1 for KB: Legend, X-Blades, and Neo Scavengers. $5 for those plus Tropico 3 and Stranger's Wrath HD.

Sort of figured they'd stick Tropico 3 at the more expensive tier but I'm not interested enough to shell out $5 when I already own Strangers Wrath. If anyone has a spare key, though, feel free to throw it my way~

Multi-headed Cow

I'm interested in Neo Scavenger but I'm not sure it has enough content to be worth checking out yet. Anyone played it recently? I did the alpha/beta/demo thing on the web some months ago and thought it was cool but I haven't heard anything about major developments for it.

Bruticis

I'm interested in Neo Scavenger but I'm not sure it has enough content to be worth checking out yet. Anyone played it recently? I did the alpha/beta/demo thing on the web some months ago and thought it was cool but I haven't heard anything about major developments for it.
It's terrible, you should avoid it all costs.

Multi-headed Cow

It's terrible, you should avoid it all costs.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a Steam key, so it's probably great!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's on Greenlight, though!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom