Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

kazgar

Arcane
hmm, faint praise from the king of cheap indie games, might pass.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I played it about a third of the way through and lost interest. It's a neat gimmicky adventure iOS game but... yeah... it gets boring fast.

Multi-headed Cow

hmm, faint praise from the king of cheap indie games, might pass.
The music and look of the game is alright if you're into that sort of thing. Actual gameplay is some really light adventure game puzzling and QTE combat. Story is a bunch of shit with indie fourth wall breaking. Also, WOULD YOU LIKE TO POST THIS TO YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT?
But really, for a dollar for that and the possibility of Waking Mars on Steam (And the game immediately if you're not a steamwhore) probably isn't too bad. And the soundtrack for Sword and Sorcery has a few good tracks IIRC.

Picked up Indie Royale because I am weak. Pineapple Smash Crew isn't complete shit but isn't really worth $5. I've made a terrible mistake.

Humppaleka

Cipher
I had to buy Indie Royale just because of Avernum trilogy, bought Geneforge Saga the same way so I felt obligated to do it.

Multi-headed Cow

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Indie Royale stuffing bundle

The Dream Machine chapters 1 2 and 3 (Steam)
Puzzle Agent 2 (Steam)
Children of the Nile Enhanced Edition (Steam)
Anomaly Warzone Earth (Steam)
Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery (Desura)

Meh.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Going to wait to see which four are in the lead at the end. As of right now I think only one sort of interests me.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I voted for Autonomous, The White birch, Spacebase DF-9 and Echelon.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The White Birch sounded a little like "I want to make Journey, but on a tree!"

Multi-headed Cow

Can identify Worms of some flavor (Most likely Reloaded) and Eschalon Book 1. The rest I have no clue.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Comments on the video pretty much name them all. I might grab it for Ceville and Two Worlds 1 although I was wholly unimpressed with the TW1 demo. Just felt kind of generic/boring.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Get Gorky 17, it's the best Polish game ever : x It's far better even than twitcher, although both are of different genre. Twitcher is a movie with cRPG elements, Gorky 17 is a turn based tactical combat strategy with cRPG elements.

Bruticis

Get Gorky 17, it's the best Polish game ever : x It's far better even than twitcher, although both are of different genre. Twitcher is a movie with cRPG elements, Gorky 17 is a turn based tactical combat strategy with cRPG elements.
I thought the best Polish game ever made was Uprising 44?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Trick question. there is no "best" polish game because none of them are good to begin with.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Now I feel like an idiot for paying $2 for Metro. Ah well, bought it for $5.25 to get SR3. I'm sure I can live without the DLC.

Multi-headed Cow

Now I feel like an idiot for paying $2 for Metro. Ah well, bought it for $5.25 to get SR3. I'm sure I can live without the DLC.
You definitely can. And if you eventually feel like you'd want more SR3 you could get all the decent DLC by buying the season pass for $5 during a 75% off sale.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You definitely can. And if you eventually feel like you'd want more SR3 you could get all the decent DLC by buying the season pass for $5 during a 75% off sale.

Yep. Only way I could have possibly gotten a better deal is to hold off and see if those Amazon codes work on SR3 Complete Bundle (which would bring it down to like $7 in January) and just grabbed this bundle for $1. But... meh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom